The Random Thread

whats_luring

Anyone wanting the HybridsFromHell Promo  please state in your order comments what free packs you’d like , it’s a free 10 pack with every 12 pack of OUTDOOR FEMINISED SEEDS FROM REALGORILLA SEEDS WEBSITE,  make 2-3 choices incase anything has gone we can add your second or third choice .. 

Mighty Gold and Arnes Cheese are good, Arnes plants usually fookin stink. Had an Arne x Ducksfoot in 2013 that you could smell from the next county.  The original Arnes Hashplant was good too

Edited by Eelhelmet
  • Like 3

On 28/1/2020 at 10:37 PM, Socksnsandals said:

Interesting article on the BBC news website, business section. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50711566 The headline is about using electricity or microwaves as weedkillers but then segues into precise targeting of weeds. A company spokesman said that they use planes and drones "taking pictures of each acre to indicate where there's any crop stress. These super-high resolution images - sub-millimetre images - are fed into our [A.I] platform.... identifying specific weeds as soon as they emerge."

Now, 1) I doubt the authorities will invest whilst the technology is young and 2) the AI is presumably good at spotting anomalies in precisely planted crop patterns but may struggle to cope with the usual terrain in which we GG especially if we allow the natural foliage to grow alongside our plants.  However, the technology will improve rapidly as in other, um, fields of computing and imaging and will doubtless tie up nicely with APNR, facial, and now ("ID by heartbeat" p72 - current edition of The Economist) laser scan recognition of who you are at up to 200m, through clothing by the unique characteristics of your heartbeat (assuming that that signature has been captured earlier - it could be required as part of getting a proof of age ID, driving licence or passport ...  Current non-autonomous drones would not be worthwhile deploying but I expect that high resolution recent satellite imaging is available and even current image analysis systems must surely be able to flag up relatively small plots in the undergrowth or in crops like maize. After all, we use our eyes and brains when looking at maps or Google satellite images to check out likely plots.

All seems far-fetched and won't be in use soon, but the technology is there and I expect it will be used sooner than we imagine.  Whether legalisation of small scale growing for personal recreational use will come in first is the question. 

Drones already have the capability to identify any type of plant. Although the technology is expensive (few hundred k's for one camera). The camera detects whatever spectrum of light you program it to. The example I saw was someone put a wedding ring randomly on a beach and then got the drone to fly up looking for it. on screen once the ring is detected all you can see its that spectrum of light ( think it was red) and nothing else, rest of screen is black. 

These guys said everything on earth has its own specific light spectrum that it reflects, that means all unique breeds of plants too!

• Like 2

On 31/01/2020 at 1:20 PM, yabbah said:

Drones already have the capability to identify any type of plant. Although the technology is expensive (few hundred k's for one camera). The camera detects whatever spectrum of light you program it to. The example I saw was someone put a wedding ring randomly on a beach and then got the drone to fly up looking for it. on screen once the ring is detected all you can see its that spectrum of light ( think it was red) and nothing else, rest of screen is black. 

These guys said everything on earth has its own specific light spectrum that it reflects, that means all unique breeds of plants too!

Interesting - I can see how something immutable like gold will have a specific reflective spectrum (if pure) or will reflect a range of spectra depending on what it is alloyed with to make white gold, rose gold etc but I'd have thought that an essentially green plant would have too much overlap with other green plants, mainly because the shade and intensity of green varies so much with the age and nutritional status of the plant.  Thinking of the variable colours of the leaves in photos which peeps post asking for help with different potential nutrient imbalances or pest effects and the range of attractive phenotypes (purples etc) there must be a wide range of reflected spectra from cannabis.  We can recognise, for example, rape fields in bloom by the flower colour and one can often identify winter barley early in the season but those are very homogeneous F1s and, so long as the farmer is treating them well, will have a pretty uniform colour.  The bottom line is, of course, that it would not be worth the authorities looking for small grows especially if, as you say, the cameras are very expensive at the moment. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 8:08 PM, Socksnsandals said:

The bottom line is, of course, that it would not be worth the authorities looking for small grows especially if, as you say, the cameras are very expensive at the moment. 

I'm definitely not an expert in the field of Lidar technology (thats the name of it if anyone here wants to have an interesting google/trip down the rabbit hole) so I won't even attempt to to engage in this discussion with you @Socksnsandals lol 

But your last line sums it all up, the police forces don't have the funds for any of this type of guerrilla cannabis farming surveillance! So lads enough with this speculation about the police using drones to find your outdoor crop! (indoor crops are a different story ;) )

Its far more likely that a hobbyist with a drone will discover your crop..which is probably what happened to my plot that got ripped 2 years back :(

• Like 5

13 hours ago, flighty said:

Post in this thread if you want to see this happening again this year ;)

Are you getting involved this year bud?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ocb said:

@panik wot you sayin bout an outdoor diary comp this yr mate?

Wasn’t going to bother mate , as iv mentioned before you get too many messer’s taking free seeds and not bothering finishing the dairy’s , shame cos buggers it up for the good guys .. 

I’ll have a think maybe employment some strong rules .. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

Are you getting involved this year bud?

I'll probably join in at the end of the season, between work commitments and my own seed projects I won't have much time in summer.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, panik said:

Wasn’t going to bother mate , as iv mentioned before you get too many messer’s taking free seeds and not bothering finishing the dairy’s , shame cos buggers it up for the good guys .. 

Simple solution, don't give peeps free seeds to grow unless they are the prize. Anyone who enters would surely be 'in it to win it' so has good reason to want to complete the diary. Obv there's always gunna be a few who flop it.. If everyone who enters supplies their own seeds; a) no loss for you guys. B) ppl have incentive to do their best. Now rgsc is more established and you have repeat customers, there's enough growers who use your genetics that would, I'm sure, jump at the chance to win a load of free seeds. C'mon man. Make up for last year! (Surely I shouldn't need to convince you to set up something that is going to showcase your new strains?)

• Like 4

13 hours ago, panik said:

Why dont you just do a comp without providing the seeds ? Theres plenty on here run your stuff ! Do a comp for anyone doing RGS and do a 1st 2nd and 3rd prize for best diaries.

• Like 5