The Random Thread

whats_luring

the thing is ocb… I really wanna see/hear English archer ont telly lol only messing lol... I got my red mandarin mate :D only a few well 4.. and 7 cream mandarin.. fingers crossed!  I got them now cos I see seedsman was sold out and did a panic shop lol 

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 8

15 hours ago, RandyBoBandy said:

the thing is ocb… I really wanna see/hear English archer ont telly lol 

I would pay the BBC licence if I could watch a number of forumites on TV lol

• Like 11

On 08/01/2020 at 11:45 AM, panik said:

How do you know this ?? 

e2a no worries just seen the thread

Whats this panik ? Could you link us ?

Edited by LA LUNA
No worries mate, just seen it, nice 1 yo admin for fucking them off !
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

I would pay the BBC licence if I could watch a number of forumites on TV lol

I’d pay to see you on there , lol fully kong’d up eating a banana having a sensible chat .. lol 

“yes that’s it , munch munch that’s exactly how it happened it was serendipity, munch munch , the day I met Panik changed my life for ever.. 

it went rapidly down fucking hill lol “

so fast in fact I thought I was a bloody Yeti with ski’s on coming down the Himalayan mountains ..

lollol 

Edited by panik
  • Like 11

20 hours ago, RandyBoBandy said:

I really wanna see/hear English archer ont telly lol

Id love to see a recreation of the shotgun saga lol 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, diyleduk said:

Id love to see a recreation of the shotgun saga lol 

You cant it was a lie remember,.. 

I can’t help thinking that guy on the channel 4 show is in fact English archer lol 

have you seen his website and the prices for a 50 plant guide an set up lol £1150 he having a fucking laugh , buy buckets from pound shop or B&Q for 99p he’s selling for £2.50 , I could do everyone a much better deal buy 4x 12 packs seeds that 50 seeds with freebies for £180 , go down pound land get some chicken wire cheap as chips , some bamboo and FBB , chicken pellets , find a good spot good soil and you got yourself a 50 plant plot for less then £250 yeah ok buy a few tools or borrow some but you get the gist he thinks he’s only person who knows about elixiar garden supplies ..  You could order direct from them yourself lol 

Edited by panik
  • Like 14

22 hours ago, RandyBoBandy said:

the thing is ocb… I really wanna see/hear English archer ont telly lol only messing lol... I got my red mandarin mate :D only a few well 4.. and 7 cream mandarin.. fingers crossed!  I got them now cos I see seedsman was sold out and did a panic shop lol 

Noooiiicce!!! I havent started my seed spree yet but cream caramel and red mandarin are on the list. Might do the cream mandarin but there's a few other strains I wanna try.. Fire freeze and freezewarp from rgsc, plus I still haven't done lemonade og.. sweet seeds got some nice looking autos too!.. Hahaaa.. Ol ' archer on the bbc. That'd be a sight!!!

• Like 3

Have tried searching 420 to see if this has been highlighted before and couldn't see it but apologies if old news as I note it has been covered by the news media.  I have just been introduced to this website what3words.com which divides the world's surface into 3m grids and defines each one by a combination of three words rather than having to give a 6+6 or more figure grid reference. It is interesting and could have applications in GG but of course our aim is not to reveal location so an easy accurate location tool is in many ways the antithesis of that!

However, if you wanted to show someone where a plot or potential plot is it would be great.  I found this potential one topped.magic.mirror - very little chance of rippers but site security is tight with a lot of police around and this one provider.warned.pelted which has no chance of rippers but difficult to access your plants safely - the location suggests be warned that the providers of that security are pelted... ETA - and there would be no rabbit or deer problem.

Edited by Socksnsandals
Rabbits and deer
  • Like 1

suns about to come up here in south wales and for once it aint bloody raining.

now if anybody spots a man dressed like he has shares in the army carrying a large what looks like a very heavy rucksack it aint me right lol

seriously though be careful out there dressed like an army recruit is great when out in the wilds but walking through town u stand out like a sore thumb so make sure u aint followed.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

suns about to come up here in south wales and for once it aint bloody raining.

now if anybody spots a man dressed like he has shares in the army carrying a large what looks like a very heavy rucksack it aint me right lol

seriously though be careful out there dressed like an army recruit is great when out in the wilds but walking through town u stand out like a sore thumb so make sure u aint followed.

I wear sports clothes and have all my army greens in my army rucksack and when I get to my plot area I get in the bushes with out being seen and then put all the army gear on and take it back off as I’m leaving the area. Also wear sun glasses and cap when it’s sunny, stops people noticing you. 

well a very productive morning found 2 new plots.

one we might have to open it out a bit more but will wait for more cover before attempting that.

the other looks a cracker right out in the middle of nowhere and should get all day sun we plan on returning in a few weeks to clear a few brambles and ferns.

so hopefully we now have our 3 plots miles apart.

checked on plot one while we was out and about in the van and my mate was landed his 50p was still there and i hope the 2 new ones dont get found cos it will cost me a quid lol

good luck all those plot hunting and prepping

Out today scouting a potential site and firstly noticed deer prints large and small (and later disturbed two roe deer). Then came across a 3x3m area fenced off with slightly overgrown square section galvanised fencing supported by posts cut from branches.  No sign of use in a year at least but made me wonder if someone else has had the same idea, then found some cylindrical cages made from the same and the unused part of the fencing roll and confirmed when about 50m away came across a sad sight (photo).  Don't know if they were abandoned due to bud rot or because of plot compromise but confirms that  there has been at least one other guerrilla here.  The site is pretty heavily overgrown, fairly large and easy to get lost in so I found a spot well away from my fellow GG's old plots and used my micro shovel (thanks whoever put us onto those - £10 from Screwfix, 700mm long so goes into a large rucksac), and prepped space for two or three plants.  Not worth putting more if there are other GG/s who may not be scrupulous about leaving other growers' plants alone or who may have been ripped so the rippers might start searching again in the autumn. large.5e235593724c3_Surpriseresized-Copy.jpg

Edited by Socksnsandals
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

so I found my gg bag.. my camouflaged camouflage bag lol.. been stashed for a few years.. thought things might have deteriorated a little but she's good!

large.1.jpg

bloody size of it lol 

large.2.jpg

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 16

Interesting article on the BBC news website, business section. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50711566 The headline is about using electricity or microwaves as weedkillers but then segues into precise targeting of weeds. A company spokesman said that they use planes and drones "taking pictures of each acre to indicate where there's any crop stress. These super-high resolution images - sub-millimetre images - are fed into our [A.I] platform.... identifying specific weeds as soon as they emerge."

Now, 1) I doubt the authorities will invest whilst the technology is young and 2) the AI is presumably good at spotting anomalies in precisely planted crop patterns but may struggle to cope with the usual terrain in which we GG especially if we allow the natural foliage to grow alongside our plants.  However, the technology will improve rapidly as in other, um, fields of computing and imaging and will doubtless tie up nicely with APNR, facial, and now ("ID by heartbeat" p72 - current edition of The Economist) laser scan recognition of who you are at up to 200m, through clothing by the unique characteristics of your heartbeat (assuming that that signature has been captured earlier - it could be required as part of getting a proof of age ID, driving licence or passport ...  Current non-autonomous drones would not be worthwhile deploying but I expect that high resolution recent satellite imaging is available and even current image analysis systems must surely be able to flag up relatively small plots in the undergrowth or in crops like maize. After all, we use our eyes and brains when looking at maps or Google satellite images to check out likely plots.

All seems far-fetched and won't be in use soon, but the technology is there and I expect it will be used sooner than we imagine.  Whether legalisation of small scale growing for personal recreational use will come in first is the question. 

• Like 3

Ill be  giving away 10 random seeds of HybridsFromHell stock below with every (12 pack of Outdoor Feminised seeds off RealGorillaSeeds, )...(February Promo)

Germination is unknown hence Freebies ..
Amnesia
Amnesiated Powerhouse
Arnes Amnesiated SSSD
Arnes Snowdog
Arnes Cheese
Brown Super 07
Danish Durban
Danish Gold
Deep Passion
Enos Pride
Eedbeer Haze
Flatland Basic