The Random Thread

whats_luring

1 hour ago, Jack010 said:

@B-real

I always put the buds in jars before it’s fully dry, burp the jars every day until they are dry. 

They end up as you say, dry but spongy and it also keeps the flavours in better. Been doing it for years. 

Its about timing, just before they are fully dry, not soaking wet, iv had one jar out of hundreds suffer with a little mould when I first started doing it but none since.

I'm a gunna give the plastic zip bag a go to compare to the mason jar.thank man 

9 hours ago, ocb said:

Someone told me about a technique of drying that may counter this.. when the calyxes are pretty dry but there is still moisture in the stem, put the bud in a plastic bag and let it sweat, allowing moisture back into the bud. He used to dry this way to achieve a dry but spongy end product but i think it may be usefull for prolonging the drying process in general.. or even do the old baccy trick, put the dry buds in a bag with a lettuce leaf and let it absorb the moisture. 

I'm gunna give this method a trail run to compare to mason jars

• 2 weeks later...

hello guys.. 

I've had my garden auto's dry for a few days now but only did the smoke test with one last night...  they are cream mandarin x sour d.. if it wasn't for the taste I wouldn't be making this post... but after my first lug I wanted to jump up, put the computer on and tell you all about it.. but after I kept dragging it...  loving the taste, I just felt to stoned and soon fell asleep.. I've grow lots of different strains over the years but If I sit back and think about how many have had a lovely strong taste I bet I wouldn't need all my fingers just over half probably.. and sometimes I've had strains where you take a lug and its lush.. take another couple of lugs and like magic the taste disappeared ? where the fuck did that go... this stuff is tasty after every lug.. orangey fruity hashy lushness.. good strong flavour.. and if that's coming from the cream mandarin then I'm gonna grab some.. one of my favas to date.... I guess I get a little too exited when flavour comes through, but when this happens its what makes me wanna carry on more...  I was 90 percent that it was gonna be tasty just by how sticky and smelly it was.. so many trichomes.. but even with that in mind you can spark her up and its your avg weed taste... nothing wrong with that... but sure is a bonus having tasty stuff! sorry for the ramble.. 

I wasn't gonna post this but might as well... uploaded a couple of days ago... I've only tasted the fruity one

• Like 15

Anyone had these at the plot and if so, when do they stop throwing fluffy stuff about, it’s happening now and plants are about to go in flower

large.5049A090-5AE2-4003-809A-2CF29645E488.jpeg

are the buds going to be ruined  

40 minutes ago, Jack010 said:

Anyone had these at the plot and if so, when do they stop throwing fluffy stuff about, it’s happening now and plants are about to go in flower

I havent seen any myself but tbh, it does look like the kinda thing that could cause rot if it sticks to the side of the plant. I think we are due some hot weather again soon. I would return after the rain goes and pick it off.. just saw your kkfv in your other post. Im south west too. Not too far from you i think. Im praying (or the science equivalent of) that my gals are gunna be in one piece. We due gale force winds tday and tomo

7 minutes ago, ocb said:

I havent seen any myself but tbh, it does look like the kinda thing that could cause rot if it sticks to the side of the plant. I think we are due some hot weather again soon. I would return after the rain goes and pick it off.. just saw your kkfv in your other post. Im south west too. Not too far from you i think. Im praying (or the science equivalent of) that my gals are gunna be in one piece. We due gale force winds tday and tomo

Those winds are why I went to visit, cut some branches off trees for stakes. Think the kk plot is way to enclosed, not enough air flow, gutted, they looked great last visit 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2019 at 6:15 PM, Andromedian said:

Where has @lois lane gone?

Wondering the same thing. Can't even find there diary. 

• Like 1

I think Lois deleted her account. Her post in one of my threads is now showing as 'Guest'. This probably means she had a run in with the law I'm afraid

4 hours ago, Oafman said:

I think Lois deleted her account. Her post in one of my threads is now showing as 'Guest'. This probably means she had a run in with the law I'm afraid

That, 

Or.... 

The shit she grows is so strong that she got freaked out and deleted all her accounts! 

On 09/08/2019 at 8:24 AM, Jack010 said:

Is it Rosebay willowherb?  Difficult (for me) to tell from the seeds alone but I suspect it is - apparently used to be rare but those fluffy seeds enable it to spread easily.  Up to 80000 per plant. An early coloniser of newly formed wasteland - as after fires ("fireweed" though that may also be due to colour, and after WW2 "bombweed" because it colonised bomb sites).  Various uses including food.

https://wildflowerfinder.org.uk/Flowers/W/Willowherb(Rosebay)/Willowherb(Rosebay).htm

https://totallywilduk.co.uk/cooking/foraging-plant-guide/rosebay-willowherb/identify-rosebay-willowherb/

• Like 3

large.5d5cefcb11683_Harvestornot-Copy.jpg

Last year the harvest of my modest garden grow was fixed because I was going on holiday and it was so dry that rot was not an issue here.  This year, and with knowledge gleaned from this site, I am fretting about the potential for rot.  Have been hovering over my main plant looking out for it.  Do you think this cola is fully done?  There are lots of white pistils on lower buds, which I would leave but would appreciate opinions as to whether to take the cola.  Forecast is good for rest of month :) Thanks, S&S.

• Like 7