The Random Thread

whats_luring

29 minutes ago, Andromedian said:

Got a Temperature of 103 mate.....and haven't eaten anything in nearly 3 days....

It's very rare for false widow's to actually bite, I must have laid on it.

Yeah it is very rare they bite, I've had them crawl on me while chilling in the sun but never been bitten by one. Sounds like they do make you quite sick though when they do. Sounds terrible mate, 3 days of no food just from a spider. Hope you recover quick, it shouldn't last too much longer imo.

My eldest brother seems to think every spider he sees is a false widow so kills all spiders he sees. I think he's just generally scared of spiders so uses the false widow as an excuse lol. He's never even killed a false widow, they've all just been common house spiders.

I had a jumping spider in my flat a few weeks ago. Entertaining to watch and play with lol.

Edited by Conspiranought
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Conspiranought said:

Yeah it is very rare they bite, I've had them crawl on me while chilling in the sun but never been bitten by one. Sounds like they do make you quite sick though when they do. Sounds terrible mate, 3 days of no food just from a spider. Hope you recover quick, it shouldn't last too much longer imo.

My eldest brother seems to think every spider he sees is a false widow so kills all spiders he sees. I think he's just generally scared of spiders so uses the false widow as an excuse lol. He's never even killed a false widow, they've all just been common house spiders.

I had a jumping spider in my flat a few weeks ago. Entertaining to watch and play with lol.

I actually really like spiders....because I fuckin hate flies lol

To be honest, I think the fever is from where I got soaked through in the rain...

The spider bite, just causes swelling and numbness.....

You're right mate...a few people have allergic reactions to them, then the press jump on it and scare the living shit out of people,

saying the venom starts eating your flesh....all complete bullshit.

Jumping spiders are amazing:eek:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Happyeccentric said:

Wow that sounds awful.  Wishing you a speedy recovery c

Thanks mate

Feels like my ear is going to explode.....will be ok in a few days

Got bitten a few seasons back, and lasted 3-4 days...

12 minutes ago, Stashmonger said:

Get well soon @Andromedian.

Beautiful creatutes. 

I feed the ones in my garden. They love craneflys. 

Cheers dude....

Yeah mate....Love spiders too, must have been a love bite lol

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Andromedian said:

I actually really like spiders....because I fuckin hate flies lol

To be honest, I think the fever is from where I got soaked through in the rain...

The spider bite, just causes swelling and numbness.....

You're right mate...a few people have allergic reactions to them, then the press jump on it and scare the living shit out of people,

saying the venom starts eating your flesh....all complete bullshit.

Jumping spiders are amazing:eek:

Last year a woman I know, who I now happen to live across the road from got bitten by one and went to hospital. It was on her ankle and was massive. Lasted a few days but when it started to go it soon went.

• Like 1

Ok mines are beginning to show in think and in may be able to tell in a week but I would love to prepare better for next year.

I have found carrying the soil to the plot a struggle.  I do have unlimited horse manure over the fence.  At the end of this season if I mix up the rotted manure and the recycled soil from this year will that be useable for next year or is it too rich in nitro?  It would make me life so much easier.  I also think I will install a water butt that catches rainfall near the plants next year.  Carrying stuff is hard when scaling fences

20 minutes ago, Jack010 said:

50x50x100 grow tent for drying, small but that’s all I can fit in my small attic 

large.368CCC93-A375-4B07-9E11-6B1EA0C57DB5.jpeglarge.6C9351B5-2400-42C7-8391-C09518140320.jpeglarge.72678A43-FCA6-4DA0-909C-E6A00AC87AFD.jpeg

This is perfect. I need one

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, Happyeccentric said:

Also hows the ear @Andromedian?

Ha ha Thanks for asking mate:yep:

Ears fine now, I got some anti-biotics and pain killers, but don't really take that kinda stuff

I go for the natural healing :yes:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

This is perfect. I need one

I'm not allowed 1 mrs wont swallow that she doesn't like me having it in the shed and that's really fuking me off what with the high temps and high humidity drying to fast and losing its smell and having the hay taste hoping a long cure the smell and taste will come back .

3 hours ago, B-real said:

drying to fast and losing its smell and having the hay taste hoping a long cure the smell and taste will come back .

Someone told me about a technique of drying that may counter this.. when the calyxes are pretty dry but there is still moisture in the stem, put the bud in a plastic bag and let it sweat, allowing moisture back into the bud. He used to dry this way to achieve a dry but spongy end product but i think it may be usefull for prolonging the drying process in general.. or even do the old baccy trick, put the dry buds in a bag with a lettuce leaf and let it absorb the moisture. 

7 hours ago, ocb said:

Someone told me about a technique of drying that may counter this.. when the calyxes are pretty dry but there is still moisture in the stem, put the bud in a plastic bag and let it sweat, allowing moisture back into the bud. He used to dry this way to achieve a dry but spongy end product but i think it may be usefull for prolonging the drying process in general.. or even do the old baccy trick, put the dry buds in a bag with a lettuce leaf and let it absorb the moisture. 

@B-real

I always put the buds in jars before it’s fully dry, burp the jars every day until they are dry. 

They end up as you say, dry but spongy and it also keeps the flavours in better. Been doing it for years. 

Its about timing, just before they are fully dry, not soaking wet, iv had one jar out of hundreds suffer with a little mould when I first started doing it but none since.