The Random Thread

whats_luring

@erudite sounds fine maybe some slug pellets. Never used vaseline+salt before.. would be concerned about salt leeching into the soil when it rains? 

I use bamboo canes and tent pegs for cages :yep:

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:55 PM, erudite said:

Hey guys,

I'm looking at doing a budget grow after 10 years (since my first and only grow).

The first grow I didn't take any pest control measures and only had one survive out of a fair few.

I'm thinking of doing just three plants this time. I'm looking at putting in effort into protecting them but just letting them get on with the rest.

I'm thinking of putting cut off plastic bottles with copper tape, Vaseline and salt round them to protect from slugs. I'm then looking at putting chicken mesh around to protect from rabbits and deer. 

Couple of questions:

-am I missing anything really obvious in my plan? In terms of protection of the plants from pests mainly.

-what's the best way to hold the chicken mesh in place? Peg it down?

If you are only doing 3 plants, then...….

large.gallery_79664_13023_103078.jpg

None shall pass.....!

Battery lasts 2 seasons, and can always cut the bottom out and sink them in holes

no good if you are doing a lot of plants....very tedious and time consuming ha ha

This year we were kind of relying on a wet start, so went for towers with no bag liners.....loose dirt sticks out the cage and slugs just fall off....

if it had been like last season we would have been fucked....they dry out quick

:naughty: 

Edited by Andromedian
  • Like 4

Someone has been reading,noting,and learning lol found someones plot a few weeks ago with those slug electric-fences lol

• Like 5

Just now, Ch@ppers said:

Someone has been reading,noting,and learning lol found someones plot a few weeks ago with those slug electric-fences lol

lol 

Not us Bruvva ha ha

Good to see the old gubbins passed on though 

• Like 2

Just now, Andromedian said:

lol 

Not us Bruvva ha ha

Good to see the old gubbins passed on though 

No,it was a lone guy,i was watching him lol

• Like 7

got to the area I was going to use Thursday night and this is what I found some git beat me to it 

no protection at all 

large.ED7E56B6-2262-4BEE-87ED-B2F7061FD8E2.pnglarge.09681325-3799-41BE-9CB8-34A8078F74D6.png

i had 20 with to plant need to find them a home ASAP 

• Like 2

That soil looks shit,no protection in a bunny haven and they aren't going to last long,when he comes back to check them tomorrow or the day after and they are 1 inch stumps left he might give up the game as a bad job.

• Like 5

This was going to be my fabric pot plot close to where I tryed last year  

there is a nice water run off that I was hoping to redirect  that plan has go out the window 

also so last year I did the same no protection and had no problem no more than 30 ft away 

Edited by Rufas
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I just got my seeds in the post yesterday. The seller sent 5 free seeds as the order was delayed.

They are all photo plants. Initially I had planned on doing 3 plants but now I have 8 seeds.

Would you guys go the whole hog and stick 8 in?

My only reservations are the time of year (late start = not as much growth) and the poor summer we've had weather wise so far.

If I didn't do them all I would plant one packet and save the other for next year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, erudite said:

Would you guys go the whole hog and stick 8 in?

I would. And if possible, put them out in different places. Ie; put them in pairs and have 4 separate locations. Better chance of bringin something home in September. No biggie if not tho, i got all mine in 1 location this yr. Its a dope spot tho

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RandyBoBandy said:

another little vid, I did a quick tidy and feed visit

Two of my plots had a load of them vine things all over it and also every plot was covered in those sticky green plants with the sticky balls, literally everything was covered.

None had them last year so fuck knows where they have come from.

Wonder if there was seeds of it in the chicken poo or ffb I put down cos that’s the only thing that all plots have in common