The Random Thread

whats_luring

Is it genetic or something?

I was thinking today.. whilst stuck inbetween a dozen blown over pine trees and fighting to get for about an hour.. (another story)..

that maybe my hairs are easy for them to grip onto? Does my skin feel good? Maybe they can smell my blood?

Any ideas?

this happened to me once whilst I was out on a lone retreat on the Quantocks. I was tripping too and ended up with seven or eight lil fuckers on me. Thought climbing over a 20 ft heap of old dead piled up pines would be an easy thing but fell down the centre of em and yeah took ages to get out again. :doh:lol

• Like 1

Is it genetic or something?

I was thinking today.. whilst stuck inbetween a dozen blown over pine trees and fighting to get for about an hour.. (another story)..

that maybe my hairs are easy for them to grip onto? Does my skin feel good? Maybe they can smell my blood?

Any ideas?

Ticks are attracted to heat i believe, used to do alot of deer stalking and the deer were lousy with ticks and keds. Carrying them out often involved an infestation of your own. They always seemed to head towards specific areas of the body the groin being one of those areas :yuck:.

We took to putting carcasses into clear plastic bags (roe deer) and as they cooled after grolloching you could watch the tics leaving the host.

• Like 2

I've never managed to get one out without leaving the head buried into the skin . Bastids !

• Like 1

I've never managed to get one out without leaving the head buried into the skin . Bastids !

Got to sneak up on them and grab them before they realise somethings up, touch them and you can see them tense up and pull in that little bit further.

Never had a tic from just being out and about, only from handling infested animals normally dead ones.

• Like 1

Nice!! I didn't realise it was so sativa-leaning.

gallery_49847_5704_144259.jpg

HP2

Beautiful!! Looks quite sativa-leaning. Thanks for posting that.

Funnily enough I got bitten by a tick yesterday and found it on my wrist today. The little feckers are hard to pull off!I hope I don't get sick like I did the last time I found one last year when I was tending to my plants.

• Like 1

lol glad im not the only one to get stuck in dead pines @@Loam Gnome :P

A good way to get ticks off is to pour whiskey onto them, theyre drunk after a few mins and they just drop off with a little coaxing, So no need to worry about leaving the fangs in when you yank them out whilst theyre sober!

Thankfully ive never caught Limes disease which is the most common disease given by ticks. Or the only disease? Not sure..

@@HongKongBluey your right, sneak attack while theyre still climbing is the best way, gotta be quick or they hunker down..

Gonna wear trousers with long socks pulled up over them from now on i think dont wanna catch that Limes disease..

I have heard that smothering them with vaseline works as they can't breath through it, no idea if it works i just rip em out. Not had one in years and never had Lymes either.

Nasty illness that lasts a good few weeks.

@@Artificial Emotion HP2 is one of the later finishing HFH strains mostly due to it's sativa dominance.

• Like 1

Got a tick on my ball bag early was horrible experience, think just from my home garden mowing the lawn, first i have ever had. Think i got him all out i messed up and he went in further was horrible I now have him in a bank money bag and he dead after good squeeze with tweezers.

Had a quick look under magnification but was making me a bit light headed so saving him for later examination check he all present. Got nurse about going abroad soon might take it in I read they can be tested. I am a right worrier with stuff like this so would be great to know.

Just had proper look from with missis think he complete. :oldtoker:

Edited by Elephant Face
  • Like 2

Trick with ticks is to carefully grip em with tweezers right close to skin, careful not to squish it, then veeerry slowly begin to pull it out, eventually it dawns on the tick that if he doesnt let go hes gonna lose his head! works a treat. And yeah ive got 2 ticks this season in GG adventures.

• Like 1

Just got 2 more out one in ball bag one on ankle. FUCKERS.

Never had before, is this bad time of year or perhaps lots this year???

I am worried about going out again!

• Like 1

Got a tick on my ball bag early was horrible experience, think just from my home garden mowing the lawn, first i have ever had. Think i got him all out i messed up and he went in further was horrible I now have him in a bank money bag and he dead after good squeeze with tweezers.

Had a quick look under magnification but was making me a bit light headed so saving him for later examination check he all present. Got nurse about going abroad soon might take it in I read they can be tested. I am a right worrier with stuff like this so would be great to know.

Just had proper look from with missis think he complete. :oldtoker:

Somehow i thought it would be inappropriate to like this comment. :bad: I wonder if last years dry weather was good for ticks.

Hence why there's none of the fuckers around here :rofl:

Haha, never had one on the ballbag fortunatly!

When i see a tick on me i get this real panic feeling..

About 10 years ago i got my first ticks, had 3 on my arse cheek, had no idea how to get them off and was freaking out so i got a scalpel and cut them out.. Still have the scars to prove it.

Before anyone asks im not proving it with pics :P

Sighs of relief all round im sure

Best way to deal with ticks is preventative measures- the little fuckers love me, I got a real bad infection one year. :puke:

Since I started using tea tree oil I haven't had one, they hate the stuff, apparently.

I hate the usual DEET repellents, it's not nice stuff, neurotoxic and melts plastics..and it doesn't work- I've found ticks on me while covered in the stuff so I tried this-I've been buying cheap teatree £6 A bottle on evilbay, I mix a good few drops in with a palm full of carrier oil, moisturiser etc and apply liberaly to my lower legs, arms neck and midriff, then tuck in all my clothing, trousers into socks so there is no easy way in and I've not had one bite in 2 years now. Cheap and nasty chemical free. :yep:

• Like 5