The Random Thread

whats_luring

1 hour ago, Lea Valley said:

Has a surreal moment recently and kicked the back doors in on a prepped plot I’d been using for my 5 th season only to find some Google Maps Jocky has decided that the spot would be a good place to grow some Cannabis !!! Bit gutted as I won comps from pics in that plot. I won’t be able to use this again. I’ve also lost another plot due to a new road going in. Just seems people are poking around in every nook and cranny of the countryside. Is there no privacy anymore?gallery_95176_13773_410860.jpeg 

Nice! What strain dude?

• Like 2

Second trip complete, my seeds are watered in and all have copper tape around them to hopefully keep the bastard slugs away! Now it's just a waiting game for them to pop up and get big enough to plant out. Hurray! 

Good luck every one! Lets have a cracking season! 

• Like 5

Second trip complete, my seeds are watered in and all have copper tape around them to hopefully keep the bastard slugs away! Now it's just a waiting game for them to pop up and get big enough to plant out. Hurray! 

Good luck every one! Lets have a cracking season! 

• Like 2

@ocb

Green Poison fv from Sweet Seeds.  Early October at lat 51, tastes of green apples. Nice smoke. Will prolly do again but did Paniks Kushty this year instead. 

Edited by Lea Valley
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lea Valley said:

@ocb

Green Poison fv from Sweet Seeds.  Early October at lat 51, tastes of green apples. Nice smoke. Will prolly do again but did Paniks Kushty this year instead. 

Ive got some kushty out this year too. Well, going out next weekend. Ive got quite a few rgsc strains out this year. I think gorilla haze is gunna be lush. Really looking forward to the frisian dew aswell. You done them before? Ive seen some people get amazing results from them

• Like 1

I had a red purps smell like plasticine last year, massive plant and gave a good yield. The high got better the longer it cured but smelled and tasted bloody awful. Got some frizzy’s in this year so hoping for the green pheno now! :smokin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loam Gnome said:

Green phenos are good on the frizzy but purple ones smell and taste of plasticine..

So ive read. Any purple ones may just get bubbled or bho'd. Really wanna .make some moon rocks at the end of the year, maybe xmas pressies, so will still be usefull. Seen some beast frizzies on here before and out of my 10, theres some vigor in there fo' sho'. Shes about 2 weeks old

20180527_163040.jpg

Edited by ocb
  • Like 6

@Tommy tucker. Yes mate rained through the night and morning, only took 8 litres of water with some fish mix for a top up for them.  I didn't put enough ferts down when preparing the plot. To cautious I was, after reading others diarys, iv realised I didn't put enough down. 

Top dressed with ffb whilst there as well

Anyone know what causes this, it's at two of my plots

large.image.jpg iv stripped them off the plants

The plants are doing quite bad at these two plots compared to my other plots, thanks for taking a look

Looks like rust fungus. 

PITA to deal with. IME it tends to affect a few plants it likes on outdoor plots. Will thrash a few, and leave the rest alone....genetics. From seeds anyways.

bicarbonate or aspirin or both in a spray will keep it at bay....but it’s a losing battle.  All the warm moist weather.

good luck with it

Edited by soiled
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, soiled said:

Looks like rust fungus. 

Just read up on that, it's not good at all is it, don't hold much hope for these two plots, I pulled all the leaves off that had it.

Says that it's caused by high humidity and low temps at night, next year will plant out later, mid May or so :doh:

Is anyone else getting hammered by slugs lately!? I didn't see any through April and most of May, probably because it was quite dry, but since those thunderstorms last week, when we got a massive soaking, the slugs and snails are now suddenly fucking everywhere! It's like one big wave of them have suddenly emerged. They have completely decimated several plants to the point of no return, and I just can't get rid of them, even with slug pellets used, as a last resort.

They are eating the pellets but still getting to the plants. One small plot is gone completely, all 3 plants eaten in the past 3-4 days, plants that have been untouched from late April - late May. I noticed the nibbles about a week ago, but past few days that have just gone mental. Massive population explosion and they are eating through everything. I went out on a night plot visit and literally saw hundreds of them in the undergrowth around my plants. Never seen that high a slug/snail density and never had this problem last year. They've even had my tomatoes and lettuces in the raised beds. Cunts.

• Like 1