The Random Thread

whats_luring

Stumbled upon a new plot, better late then never! not quite as good as my last one but I’ll work with what I’ve got and stick some whitey freeze down:toldya: best of luck everybody!

Edited by some1
  • Like 4

All my plots have been compromised. If it's not metal detectors prowling around it's big bloody satellites being put up (for wireless broadband in my area) right next to my plot. I've decided to just leave it for this year now. Too late to really go looking now and getting prepped etc. I am asking to get ripped if I grow in any of the spots I had in mind and even got ready. In order to do one this year I would have to get out there quick sharpish and non-stop look and then non-stop prep even if I did find a decent spot. 

Anyways

ATB to you guys, I will be popping in the random pictures thread here and there for sure.

:yinyang:

3 minutes ago, Mr blue said:

@Conspiranought there's fucking ages left to get plots ready yet. I've had great harvests from plants that weren't even germed until the beginning of June

Tbh mate its not getting the plots ready as in prepping it's finding the plots that are suitable enough. I love physical stuff so lugging compost and digging is not a problem. It's just finding the plots that's the only problem for me really. I don't have a car and have to rely on foot really so can't get as far out as i'd like to (which is where the better plots are likely to be found).

Edited by Conspiranought
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Conspiranought said:

Tbh mate its not getting the plots ready as in prepping it's finding the plots that are suitable enough. I love physical stuff so lugging compost and digging is not a problem. It's just finding the plots that's the only problem for me really. I don't have a car and have to rely on foot really so can't get as far out as i'd like to (which is where the better plots are likely to be found).

I dont drive a a car mate and like you say it can get hard back packing stuff about, Get yourself a bicycle mate it will lessen your work:skin_up:.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dr feelgood said:

I dont drive a a car mate and like you say it can get hard back packing stuff about, Get yourself a bicycle mate it will lessen your work:skin_up:.

I have a pushbike mate :) put it altogether myself as well lol, only bought the frame and put everything else on separately lol, great bike though. I'm going to partake at least a bit but in big pots instead. I'm not going to go too far though, I have epilepsy so going too far out and spending too much time alone, especially if getting heated up (not good for epilepsy getting hot for ages) might not be such a good idea. I'm just going to get some seeds soaking, buy some big pots and put a plant here and there instead. I might as well do something with all the compost, ferts and seeds I've bought. Suppose without at least trying you don't get anywhere. Like football, if you don't shoot, you don't score :).

• Like 3

Are there any good guides for starting seeds outdoors? My current plant is to make individual Hempy pots out of 2 litre bottles for each plant, but I'm wondering if there's a better way.

problems with starting em outside is the temp fluctuations from midday to 3am there are wide changes, you need consistency for fast stable growth of seedlings. You get such a foot in the door when they have been allowed to get themselves to plant out stage without wide variations in temp.

• Like 1

Yes but expect a few losses imo. Somebody on here got some going outside in just a propagator a few weeks back.

Edited by Conspiranought
  • Like 1

Starting plants outdoors needn't be any more effort, or come with any more losses than indoors....  

Im unbelievably busy but am going to try and do a little thread in the diary section where I will demonstrate a few different methods to suit different situations..  as well as one that works in any situation, simple and fool proof set and forget outdoor germination  :oldtoker:  .....

• Like 11

i've only ever germed outdoors in propagators! it works just fine. Obviously if you get a really cold night it will slow down the seedlings a small bit early on, but if you have hardy genetics they'll catch up just fine. I had my first wave out in mid march last year and they all did just fine! this year it was a bit colder so i stalled until mid april. And with spanish genetics that aren't as hardy as danish/uk genetics i wait until may to germ them outdoors.

It is TOTALLY possible to germ outdoors. IMO its much easier than growing indoors for a few weeks and then having to smuggle seedlings to the plot.

Whats more, if a seedling dies off from the climate at an early age its probably for  the better as you only want the best of the best for outdoors. Darwinism and shiiiit  :skin_up:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, yabbah said:

you only want the best of the best for outdoors. Darwinism and shiiiit  

Ive decided to put my runts out. All 8 of them in a multi strain sog with one cage around them. Anything that can produce is going out. More than anything though, im just interested to see how these special ladies grow and if they produce anything unique in flavour. This one is a royal mazar.

20180513_115209.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ocb said:

Ive decided to put my runts out. All 8 of them in a multi strain sog with one cage around them. Anything that can produce is going out. More than anything though, im just interested to see how these special ladies grow and if they produce anything unique in flavour. This one is a royal mazar.

20180513_115209.jpg

That is one weird seedling , never seen anything like that ,..:g:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, panik said:

That is one weird seedling , never seen anything like that ,..:g:

Tbh mate. 4 out of my 6 royal mazars were runts of some kind. Not sure how or why. Maybe i was just an extremely unlikely statistic. Ive had quite a lot of different strains off of you guys and everything else is spot on.

• Like 1