The Random Thread

whats_luring

I missed this one, fucking quality lol. Proper standing up for what you believe in.

Respect mate :yep:

• Like 1

Mannnnnnnn im so sick of thorns and splinters!!! I swear if i have to find another plot next year im done with it lol oj... T'is tedious as fook though...  Cant wait to get this diary started... Plot clearing to be finished in the next couple weeks!

Where was the thread warning people that this is no easy feat!! I saw all the threads of lovely plots and plants  but no threads with a warning! lol 

hope you lot are cracking on steadily :yinyang:  

• Like 9

4 hours ago, BLhaze said:

Mannnnnnnn im so sick of thorns and splinters!!! I swear if i have to find another plot next year im done with it lol oj... T'is tedious as fook though...  Cant wait to get this diary started... Plot clearing to be finished in the next couple weeks!

Where was the thread warning people that this is no easy feat!! I saw all the threads of lovely plots and plants  but no threads with a warning! lol 

hope you lot are cracking on steadily :yinyang:  

Got loads of trophies today on the top of my arse cheeks from them feckers from crawling through them. Everything is growing back now and don't want to disrupt or kill any of the overgrowth so I rather get thorned lol.

I completed prepping a plot today, I filled the holes half way with compost and added some ferts (chicken pellets, high P bat guano and organic potash pellets), will fill the rest of the holes when I plant out (got way more than enough compost already there too). I need to crack on with the other plot now and leave this one be until plant out, but will soon be done. I know where it is going to be, just need to get it done. 

Edited by Conspiranought
  • Like 1

@romerax Growing from clones means a mother plant , which normally means an indoor setup.

The other potential issue with clones is the "eggs in baskets" plan. If all your plants are genetically identical, then one particular pest or set of conditions may wipe them all out. If you have plenty of variation in your outdoor plants then at least some will hopefully make it to harvest whatever nature throws at it

• Like 7

Would be a bad year taking loads of clones from a plant that isn't that good itself.

If I were to do a grow outdoors from clones they would have to be from a mother that I know would do well Outside herself. Which still even that can be hard to do because plants behave a bit different outdoor as to indoor so finding a mother indoors for a outdoor grow can be tricky.

Seeds all the way for me, in this country especially. Maybe if we lived somewhere like Spain we could be more confident taking cuts from a indoor mother for outside but we got mold to worry about so need to be very gene specific.

• Like 2

for me the primary reason is that I don't have an indoorroom, so it's hard to keep a clone alive till next year. I did try it with one clone from my best plant last year, it did ok at first but went into flowered and failed to reveg(I did try giving it some extra lighthours with a TL-light I had, I know it's the right color since I bought it for above a terrarium with plants, but probably not enough watts/intensity). especially november/december it's hard, with the low amount of light coming trough my windows. starting in january it becomes better again(I have grown plants from seed troughout the winter, to make some more seeds for next season, seeds started in january did much better, while the ones started in november had a lot of losses and didn't grow well).

seeds are very easy though. no hassle keeping a clone trough winter, just some seeds in the fridge ready for when the weather gets better.

I also think seedplants will have better roots for guerilla(taproot), but never actually tested that. 

Edited by fryge
  • Like 3

leaving the mountain I failed to reach after another failed attempt. Will try again next year.

found a new plot on another mountain which I have just finished prepping. That's enough for this year. Twice as many as last year. Seems all I've done lately is chop things down and dig holes.

last frost is beginning to mid April by me so will get some beans soaking soon. 

Will start a diary soon as I star to germ.

good luck to all this year and hopefully the weathers better than last year. :yep:

Edited by Jack010
Spelling

@BLhaze if so mate he might not fly by that way again. All being well he likes to do it here there and everywhere and not make a habit going over your grow spot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BLhaze said:

This guy has his plot hunting method spot on!! lol 

Aint he just ;)

16 hours ago, BLhaze said:

i hope this isnt a new regular hobby for this guy! :pitchfork:

He has gone to the trouble of investing time and money into his flying,doing the training and buying the machine and wing so its as regular as the weather allows,he can actually come down so low he can skim the ground with his foot then turn and come back again skimming through not over but THROUGH a crop of plants lol Odds are he is local and flies in the general area regularly,most people tend to take off from a couple of local places mostly :yinyang: Low and slow :yinyang:

• Like 4

@Ch@ppers "not over but THROUGH a crop of plants"- odds are he'll be on the end of a bat lollol dont make me set booby traps!

i know the area well and its the first time iv ever seen him.. Hopefully he aint local and regular... Otherwise im screwed lol 

• Like 2