The Random Thread

whats_luring

Thanks bud. I didn't bother going today as I'm waiting in for the postman.

It didn't even occur to me that I can get the holes filled with the muck already and  get ferts in there to give it time to break down.

Cheers bud

Big compost delivery came tonight. Got loads now stacked up.

I've just been shooting/plinking at a carbon filter with my air rifle earlier (the filter's leaking smell now so not bothered about it, it needs getting rid of) then put the rifle down next to all the compost lol, it kinda looked like a stacks of sand for protection in battle lol.

• Like 1

Fook me, spent 8 hours prepping my two main plots today and also made a new one, only a small area tho, enough for 4 plants.

aint dug the 4 holes yet tho, after 8 hours between all three plots I couldn't do no more, my fore arms feel like I've been on a kango hammer all day. 

Aint spending 8 hours doing that again, I know it's worth it in the end but will stick to a few hours out next time. Still 2 more plots after today's plots as well :smokin:

I'm done with compo to plots - thanks to @inaction man last year grow and @Eelhelmet's recommendation. A 5kg brick of coco will give you up to 70L when wet - costs a fiver when you buy 5 - so £25 bucks. I also bring some perlite (local soil is loamy so adds great aeration and is super light). Fish Blood and Bone and your other ferts (dolomite lime if needed (though if you have alot of coco, you're looking at a bit more acidity in there around Ph 6 I believe), bone meal, kelp) and local leaf mould if available (generally not though). Job done. 

Nice to see you back @Irishgirl. We were all worried about you. How did the early skunk perform... Probably turned to mush?

It's good to be back. :badass:

• Like 3

Finally got to where i want to be.. Took a good few hours clearing a pathway through it all (path starts after heavy gorse) 

Gorilla hunter! 

large.image.jpeg

Looks easy enough right??

large.image.jpeg

• Like 11

I'm going all compost this year again tbh but few adjustments to the ferts. No expandable stuff for me, it needs a good flush before using imo you can see all the salts in it.

I just take all normal compost to the plots bit by bit (keeps you fit lol, so does the digging lol, I love it all though lol. Even once a week visit to each plot I can get all the compost there if I do it by bit really before plant out. I will have 3 plots with 9 plants each. No autos lol just fems.

E2a: I think a lot of it depend on circumstances though, like we all don't have a car etc. I do everything on foot and don't go too far away from home to the plots (I'm in a built up area, but whatever I do seems to be working though lol. Done a fair few, there's some stashed/stealthy spaces around near here, test the public like i have before, I have and succeeded  lol. If I posted on google maps (like I would anyway like  lol, I'm sure you'd understand if you seen them on there though lol).

Edited by Conspiranought
  • Like 4

@BLhaze

large.image.jpg

it's hard work cutting through gorse, prickly as fook, look at my hand and that's through so called puncture resistant gloves.

just glad all the cutting down in my 3 plots in gorse is finished , spent an hour tonight pricking splinters out my fingers :mellow:

i aint used any compost in the gorse plots, just end used the soil and mulch there and added ffb , chicken poo and this mineral stuff which has nitrogen in it and other stuff ( to baked to remember what it's called)

will be using used compo from my indoor grow on two of my last years plots, not enough nice soil there. Last year got fed up of lugging loads of compost around, killed my shoulders and back

@Jack010 yep, this was my first mistake  i had it all over! Hands, neck, back ,crack! Feet!  I learnt from it lol 3 pairs of gloves one being leathers.. Water proofs, everything just slides off ya!. :yep:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Conspiranought said:

I'm going all compost this year again tbh but few adjustments to the ferts. No expandable stuff for me, it needs a good flush before using imo you can see all the salts in it.

I just take all normal compost to the plots bit by bit (keeps you fit lol, so does the digging lol, I love it all though lol. Even once a week visit to each plot I can get all the compost there if I do it by bit really before plant out. I will have 3 plots with 9 plants each. No autos lol just fems.

E2a: I think a lot of it depend on circumstances though, like we all don't have a car etc. I do everything on foot and don't go too far away from home to the plots (I'm in a built up area, but whatever I do seems to be working though lol. Done a fair few, there's some stashed/stealthy spaces around near here, test the public like i have before, I have and succeeded  lol. If I posted on google maps (like I would anyway like  lol, I'm sure you'd understand if you seen them on there though lol).

Fair play mate. I've done it and it's rewarding. It's like when Rocky manages to climb the steps without stoping after training for months. Sorry old school film.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Boomslang said:

It's like when Rocky manages to climb the steps without stoping after training for months.

My sis actually ran up these same steps at the museum of art in philly and she didn't even train,great scene :cowboy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack010 said:

@BLhaze

it's hard work cutting through gorse, prickly as fook, look at my hand and that's through so called puncture resistant gloves.

just glad all the cutting down in my 3 plots in gorse is finished , spent an hour tonight pricking splinters out my fingers :mellow:

i aint used any compost in the gorse plots, just end used the soil and mulch there and added ffb , chicken poo and this mineral stuff which has nitrogen in it and other stuff ( to baked to remember what it's called)

will be using used compo from my indoor grow on two of my last years plots, not enough nice soil there. Last year got fed up of lugging loads of compost around, killed my shoulders and back

1 hour ago, BLhaze said:

@Jack010 yep, this was my first mistake  i had it all over! Hands, neck, back ,crack! Feet!  I learnt from it lol 3 pairs of gloves one being leathers.. Water proofs, everything just slides off ya!. :yep:

I use these - Briers Large Washable Gardener Glove - Olive

Gorse and other prickly things don't touch them. You can literally grab brambles and rip them out (maybe not the very large ones... A machete does a good job of that). Rock solid.

4 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

My sis actually ran up these same steps at the museum of art in philly and she didn't even train,great scene :cowboy:

Goose bumps mate! I started drinking eggs in a glass before my run in the summer heat in Paris. The shit you do do when your young and impressionable. :sport:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Boomslang said:

Goose bumps mate! I started drinking eggs in a glass before my run in the summer heat in Paris. The shit you do do when your young and impressionable. :sport:

I remember going to see it as a kid,after the movie everyone was trooping out of the cinema throwing jabs and running home 20 miles lol

• Like 5

The good films can have a great effect on your psyche. When I came out of silence of the Lamb I ate a whole liver raw with crushed garlic and parsley. Thup thup thup thup.

• Like 4