The Random Thread

whats_luring

Hi all, a big massive apologises 2 all especially @panik and my inspirations on here. I disappeared 4 a while as shit happens in life and I struggled 2 keep up 2 date with last seasons grow. It was a wash out and had 2 harvest way 2 early. Crap smokes but it still gave me a decent enough high and kept me going. Tbh, I find the gg'ing 2 much work 4 me running through fields, bushes etc whilst pulling and dragging bags of soil and stuff, don' t talk about the digging lol . I must give it 2 u @Action (did I not get da name right?) NO TYERS 4 me anymore, they hold da water. I have a  heart condition so need 2 b careful so not easy 4 me on my own, mayb a glass house is needed and more convient, we will see.

Any less of my rant, hope he al, had a great season and a better one 2 come. I hope 2 b joining ye again. Once again a big massive apologises 4 my fast exit but hope 2 b on board again :v:. I cant list all da names of my inspirations on here and follow friends as i wud b here all day, miss tormenting u tho @Budwizer. Happy safe growning guys.

• Like 20

I wondered what happened to you Irish girl, you disappeared big time, thought you’d had trouble or something, glad all’s good though. Apart from a little tyre trouble....:smokin:

• Like 3

Does anybody else feel that this guerrilla growing malarkey is a bit like training for the special forces? Excessive training (carrying bales of compost and what not), watching your back and looking for quiet snug spots.

• Like 6

lol I guess so mate it probably does in the end. I like physically challenging stuff though always have done, been going to gym for 4 years (25 now) so probably find it a bit easier than a lot of peeps taking stuff to plots and digging :wassnnme:. I do everything on foot and last year I took 2 x 70l bags of compost, I can manage 2 x 50l but not 70l's lol, they got there but what a struggle lol.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Conspiranought said:

lol I guess so mate it probably does in the end. I like physically challenging stuff though always have done, been going to gym for 4 years (25 now) so probably find it a bit easier than a lot of peeps taking stuff to plots and digging :wassnnme:. I do everything on foot and last year I took 2 x 70l bags of compost, I can manage 2 x 50l but not 70l's lol, they got there but what a struggle lol.

I bought an army Bergen and a 120L bag fits in it, much easier on your back than carrying under arms, also good for stealth, just looks like your out keeping fit. 

You can add side pouches to it , that way you can take some ferts to the plot as well :yep:

1 hour ago, Jack010 said:

I bought an army Bergen and a 120L bag fits in it, much easier on your back than carrying under arms, also good for stealth, just looks like your out keeping fit. 

You can add side pouches to it , that way you can take some ferts to the plot as well :yep:

Sounds like a right good bit of kit for the job bud. There's a speedwalker who lives near me and see him all the time with one on his back. Far from masculine but not skinny either, but he' s gotta be fit as f**k, he puts some weight in his bags by the seems of the way it moves and the sound it makes as well lol .

I use bag for lifes now mate, I can get 3 x 20l in each bag so 6 x 20l at a time really.

Water content decides what makes a load manageable. If a bale of 100 litre peat is bone dry you'd drag or carry one in each hand . Fire a few dry root ball's from your indoor grow into a bag and recycle it ,back to the earth at least ,and there's no weight in water . It'd be even better just finding a plot with good ground I guess but also easier said than done .

• Like 8

@Michael Luchóg

Iv taken a few bags of soil from indoors to one of my plots from last year, it needs extra soil as it's solid creamy grey clay a few inches down.

reuse and recycle , saves buying more as well. 

As you say, it's dry and easier to carry, most stores have the compost outside and it gets soaking and heavy, hard work getting them to the plot when their wet and heavy

On 2/12/2018 at 2:50 PM, Conspiranought said:

Does anybody else feel that this guerrilla growing malarkey is a bit like training for the special forces? Excessive training (carrying bales of compost and what not), watching your back and looking for quiet snug spots.

How could I have forgot the tunnels? lol

Going to the plot tomorrow that I used last year. Give it a makeover and take a load of compost there. Still about 3 months until plant out. Needs to hurry up lol. E2a: I know this is gonna sound kinda dumb, but can I leave the bales of compost at the plot until ready to use in a few months? I don't want them going sour or anything if that's possible.

Edited by Conspiranought
  • Like 1