The Random Thread

whats_luring

@some1 Gotta do what you Gotta do mate lol

i use my car more these days but never used to have one. 

Had a few sketchy train rides with shopping bags full of plants befor :doh: 

@Lea Valley is right though. Push bikes are unstoppable in the right hands. Or feet? lol :yep: 

• Like 5

I dont have a car atm, just a tracked work van so im always on foot or odd occation dropped of by a mate.. But when bringing home the bacon i prefer to walk with a big backpack and camo gear on and some boots :wassnnme: 

• Like 2

@Lea Valley I’ve been considering getting some sort of motorobike purely for this hobby, I did take the push bike out today though which made a nice difference. 

@the lone deranger last seasons harvest were taken on the trains for me too haha so nervewrecking!

i think I might need to lower my standards or get further out when looking for more plots... I fell lucky with my first find aha.. back out again tomorrow eh :cowboy:

• Like 3

I use a push bike to, got a heavy shit one tho which is a pain, going up hills and carrying it through bushes is a nightmare.

I bought a light alloy frame one a few months back but when I was finished pumping the tire up, I ripped the valve out when taking the pump off, bikes in the shed with a fal tire. :wallbash:To idle to get a new tube.

still using the heavy thing, tires me out getting to the plots. Been today with the thought of finishing one plot which needed a few more bushes taken down and planed to dig 14 holes , all in 2.5 hours. 

got the bushes down and just 2 poxy holes done in that time :wanker:. Not as fit as I once was.

taking a bicycle with you to the spot sounds like a nightmare.... 

I always just dump it somewhere next to the bicycle path, then continue trough the mud and bushes on foot. 

there was a part on the way to one of my spots past year where it was already a hell to get trough on foot(a fallen over willow tree which became covered in brambles and other shit, on a slope), if I had to carrry a bike trough that I probably would've just given up and made those bushes my new home. 

• Like 1

Anybody grown sweet seeds's sweet skunk F1 outdoor? Their killer kush F1 was great, thinking about their ice cool auto too as well. I grew the photoperiod ice cool indoors and the buds I think would be pretty mould resistant because they don't get too dense. I'm new to this, kind of. I've only got one outdoor grow to my name.

I need to start bringing compost back to the house now really, slowly but surely as I do it all on foot. 2 x 50l bags at a time and then at night I can take them to a not far away at all spot from the grow spot in bag for lifes (lifesavers those bags lol), to then resume and take them to the grow spot in daylight :ninja:. Going to be a good season! all being well it's better than last year in terms of weather, it's got to be. Mould was a big problem last year. 

Just bought 2 packs of 5+2 killer kush and a 5+2 pack of sweet skunk f1. See what the sweet skunk f1 brings, I have a good feeling about it tbh I can't see the buds being real dense.

I'm bloody sweet seeds mad me lol .

When do wilko start stocking up on compost anybody know? Will be bringing some back each time I go to college, few bags at a time, may as well make a start with that, the ground isn't good enough alone really. Hard to find a plot close by that's nice and open with already decent ground. For me anyway lol

Edited by Conspiranought
  • Like 3

@fryge yeah fuck taking the bike through the fields, i lock it up somewhere when it gets too much to ride :yep:

not having much luck though, my area is way too populated lol... gonna have to get a train a few stops out and go from there i reckon!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Conspiranought said:

Just bought 2 packs of 5+2 killer kush and a 5+2 pack of sweet skunk f1. See what the sweet skunk f1 brings, I have a good feeling about it tbh I can't see the buds being real dense.

I'm bloody sweet seeds mad me lol .

When do wilko start stocking up on compost anybody know? Will be bringing some back each time I go to college, few bags at a time, may as well make a start with that, the ground isn't good enough alone really. Hard to find a plot close by that's nice and open with already decent ground. For me anyway lol

Be interesting to see how these sweet skunk fv do, playing it safe (ish) with the kk and gp fv this year for sweet seeds.

Have you used the wilko compost before? Been looking at their potting compost Composition: 80% peat. Contains Vermiculite and Horticultural Sand (sand to help make fine grade). pH 5.5-6.0. Sounds great and still not 100% on the verve tbh heard mixed things.

Edited by Supersonic

I don't own a car but I will borrow one to get alot of lime and fertilizer out to the area I'm growing in. Hide it in the pine-jungle and come back with my bike or by foot to distribute it to various plots. 

I live in the city now so I'm gonna try do something here too. It's warmer here, probably three weeks longer season or more than the hills where I used to live and where I grow my ganja.

I have started autos to make female auto seeds, just for fun to plant fem autos all over town. There are alot of places in a city where people rarely go and even if they did its unlikely they can spot an auto growing amongst other weeds!

This bike has really been a friend last season. Hauling lime, cow manure, seedlings..  

qWSTbwK.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Be interesting to see how these sweet skunk fv do, playing it safe (ish) with the kk and gp fv this year for sweet seeds.

Have you used the wilko compost before? Been looking at their potting compost Composition: 80% peat. Contains Vermiculite and Horticultural Sand (sand to help make fine grade). pH 5.5-6.0. Sounds great and still not 100% on the verve tbh heard mixed things.

I used the wilko functional 15l stuff in yellow bags for my last indoor grow mate which is drying now, was pretty good stuff tbh. I went and popped in wilko today and they didn't even have any of the wilko functional stuff in yellow bags either. They had lots of ferts, chicken wire and all the other gardening related stuff etc but no growing media at all. Seems they are getting prepared though, they didn't have as much gardening stuff last time I went in. I will wait until they start stocking some half decent stuff first, shouldn't be too long now I don't think. 

E2a: Ordered my seeds from sweet seeds last night and they're coming next day delivery from Spain lol, couldn't believe it when I read the email from DHL.

Edited by Conspiranought