The Random Thread

whats_luring

9 minutes ago, Fry said:

Wasn't a good year for me. These went in the ground beginning of July, HFH hacks. Must try harder next year

Try better strains, not harder,..

• Like 5

@panik  Too true!! I had planned to use your strains tbh, the entire year went to shit though and I ended up only getting them few plants out. I've had a good look through the diaries from this year with your strains and well, I think we both know how I was feeling reading them lol safe to say I'll not be making the same mistake again. I've got a good feeling about the weather next year, definitely be making an earlier start. Speaking of actually, what's the earliest you'd advise putting your stuff out?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fry said:

@panik  Too true!! I had planned to use your strains tbh, the entire year went to shit though and I ended up only getting them few plants out. I've had a good look through the diaries from this year with your strains and well, I think we both know how I was feeling reading them lol safe to say I'll not be making the same mistake again. I've got a good feeling about the weather next year, definitely be making an earlier start. Speaking of actually, what's the earliest you'd advise putting your stuff out?

Its not all about the earliness mate its about being prepared , make sure you got seedlings ready to go in the ground 6-8 inches tall, early mid may, I don't advise people tryting to jump the gun and get stuff out late march April and all that crap , its a waste of time from experience it just causes more problem , more exposure being in the ground too early, theres not as much growth about, people still scouting plots etc, extra 2 months in the ground is extra 2 month people have at finding them,.. we used to plant out mid May right up till mid end July, and you will be surprised how the later planted ones take off and would over take earlier planted ones that have been struggling , reveg, bad root systems from cold temps  , stressed plants etc etc,... 

• Like 10

On 12/18/2017 at 10:35 AM, panik said:

Its not all about the earliness mate its about being prepared , make sure you got seedlings ready to go in the ground 6-8 inches tall, early mid may, I don't advise people tryting to jump the gun and get stuff out late march April and all that crap , its a waste of time from experience it just causes more problem , more exposure being in the ground too early, theres not as much growth about, people still scouting plots etc, extra 2 months in the ground is extra 2 month people have at finding them,.. we used to plant out mid May right up till mid end July, and you will be surprised how the later planted ones take off and would over take earlier planted ones that have been struggling , reveg, bad root systems from cold temps  , stressed plants etc etc,... 

Two massive mistakes i made last year where shit strains and putting the girls out to early

Edited by Tommy tucker
  • Like 1

Now you mention it, a secretive beardy weirdy hermit with a flying sledge and reindeer lots of helpers plus a nice big sack would make a great grow buddy.

congrats on the new garden, I’m sure you’ll do it proud 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pat Butcher said:

If part of income tax goes to bombing and killing innocent people in the world, apart from the establishment spreading the blame does it make tax payers also  guilty of murder.

No more so that me doing work for you to earn cash by a gun then shooting you/someone, and that being your fault.

But on the other hand, voting for a right wing government might depending on your reason for voting like that. 

• Like 1

@Exile420

no mate, I'm online now looking at soil or coco to mix in the native soil,can't make my mind up on that, already picked up some new tools that where in the clearance section in the store.

had this mini spade/pick for £2, a set of shears that have Long handles and its angled at the start of the blades so you can trim growth along the floor whilst standing up , had it for £5.

just debating on wether to put more plants in my plots or find new plots. Only my second year and think iv over ordered on the seeds :cowboy: