The Random Thread

whats_luring

Just had a cheeky single of sharks breath harvested on 11th November lat 54-55.  Lost a good bit to mold. Did a silica gel dry for stealth and convenience and my oh my I love these late finishing wild card strains.  Okay maybe not as dense or visually appealing but smell, taste and high is stonking.   Not as good as the OG kush from last year but still a surprising result from a freebie knocking around in the seed tin. 

• Like 3

The wonderer returns :) great to see old faces still around. 

Had a pretty poor season this year but still just managed to fill some jars to keep me going a while :bong:

Got a few plants going indoors to help keep the jars topped up :skin_up:C99bx-1, Cheesy Princess,  Chinese yunan x Egyptian sinai. 

:smokin:

• Like 4

On 15/11/2017 at 10:52 AM, Spliffman100 said:

By cabbage I guess you mean 'leafy and sparse'? That's pretty impressive anyway - I did think there would probably be at least a few on here who are going even later than me... Seem to remember someone naming 24th of November or so as their cut off, provoking some debate...

I could maybe have left my SQ longer, but some of the leaves had started to spot and crinkle and the weather ain't getting warmer or sunnier or drier. Had the feeling in the end it had gone as far as it would go and the bud looked quite frosty. In any case, my experience increasingly is that all my bud gets me comparably high, regardless of ripeness or density at harvest, or appearance once dry. My Frisian Duck looks ridiculous, wispy and transparent and stalky, and it probably takes an extra toke or two, but in the end it gets me nice and high for a couple of hours, so I don't really care...

Next step for me is working out what to do with all these boxes of fresh trim I have sitting in the freezer. Already have some coconut oil from an earlier batch, so I might make some more, but I feel like I should do something more interesting... Is your oil potent @SlimPikins? How do you use it? If it's milder that's fine, but what about the other effects - is music still enhanced, is it still fun, does it last...?

Bubble bags and a pocket full of hash that leaves a trail of victims in it's wake. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gingerninja said:

The wonderer returns :) great to see old faces still around. 

Had a pretty poor season this year but still just managed to fill some jars to keep me going a while :bong:

Got a few plants going indoors to help keep the jars topped up :skin_up:C99bx-1, Cheesy Princess,  Chinese yunan x Egyptian sinai. 

:smokin:

Nice to see you back mate.....:skin_up:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Muppet said:

Bubble bags and a pocket full of hash that leaves a trail of victims in it's wake. 

It's always fun to chuck a lump of primo bubble hash to someone who is used to soap bar............

• Like 3

I'm just gonna put a wee linky in as this will be of interest to the gg mob.  I know some of you seldom leave the gg section and might have missed this.

:(

Yes we have a news section!

:eek:

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @LE BIG BUD , thanks for the pm asking about how I got on with the Jack47fv from Sweet Seeds. I thought I’d reply on here so other people can see too, hope you’re ok with that

3 Jack47fv Mid September 

large.IMG_2030.JPG

Jack 47fv  was a gamble for me this year, I’d had fantastic results with Green Poison and Killer Kush the previous year and knew it would be later and chose it for that reason accepting low mould res was a factor with this strain as reported by others on here.

We have all lamented on this season and this is a bad year to do any real comparison. My Green Poison sucucumbed to the September Mould Mardi Gras and due to my KK finishing 3 Wk October missed the mould but were really skimpy.

@james1612 did J47fv with some good results and was included in the COTC for October, well done Sir. 

Mould hit me hard as with James and I was left with just a bit of late popcorn. I did  get a few bits but it got lost in the mix of other bits as branches of other plants that were cut too early in a bid to save from the rot. 

Mine finished around 3 Wk October at lat 51. Would I do them again ?  Prolly not and would look at Dinafem OG Kush For 2018 as a later finishing strain as part of my early, mid and late flowering spread. 

• Like 12

On a random Note anyone heard from @RandyBoBandy ???? hope the fellas alright, was looking forward to some best hand trimmed cannabis buds in the business this Christmas but doesn't look like that's going to happen,...:sadwalk:

• Like 8

@Lea Valley thanks for your input and sharing it here mate. You're right about the shitty year and the mould fest happening all over the place in the UK. I guess the temptation to try these beans out has dissipated somewhat. 

My dinafem OGkush freeB was nothing to brag about, although I hear it has performed very well for others here...Could be tempted still, who knows with a bit of luck and a good October... Could be a gooden. 

• Like 2

On 06/11/2017 at 9:26 PM, panik said:

Like a ghost town round here , I hope everyones too stoned to post,... lol 

I WISH    :P

How's things lads and ladies, haven't been about much busy busy was a good season overall for me :)

Bigger plans next year ;)

• Like 2

@panik

@eelhelmet

thanks for asking about me guys :) 

eel you must have messed up the number mate... ive had no texts.. I can see you on my WhatsApp too.. 

well I never thought my head would get so messed up.. never thought it would be me.. but I'm on something like my 4th pack of 100mg sertraline... 

all my plants got left over the plots... I had no interest at all in harvesting... I also left my 2 plants in the garden untouched.. they are still there now

I lost interest in everything.. and I mean everything.. I had to force food down my through with water! ...  left my job too... living off savings at he moment.. 

I seem like I'm sorta back to my normal self.. Im gonna try coming of the tabs soon because they make me so tired.. just scared Ill go back to that dark place..  I will try soon.. after crimbo

hope your all good! and had a good season! 

thanks again for asking guys all the best

at some point Ill update my grow with a picture of how I left em. :(

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 23

Ahhhh man, what such a shame mate :(. Life is such a bitch, my nephew is in hospital now who was premature has now got bronchiolitis, no good man, whole family is worrying.

Crazy how these feelings can just seem to come out of nowhere. Hope you carry on feeling back to your normal self again bud, and hopefully be up and running again for next season.

:yinyang:

• Like 4