The Random Thread

whats_luring

Funny old game this GG lark.

after such a shit season due to mould/Rot we thought yesterday’s visit to one of our last Durban’s would be a clean up visit just to get cages etc. Every other plant visited lately has been a case of rip it up and clear down the plot.  Didn’t even take my camera or phone.  

And when we get there, prob 10-20% mould but a good few jars full of best bud of season.  Had to get the dry racks out again after packing it all away.

Durban is redeeming itself and coming off the shit list for another go next season.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, SaladBar said:

And when we get there, prob 10-20% mould but a good few jars full of best bud of season.

Didn't someone on here,i truly cant remember who,say anything cropped from October onwards wasn't worth trimming????They didn't have a Scooby lol

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

Didn't someone on here,i truly cant remember who,say anything cropped from October onwards wasn't worth trimming????They didn't have a Scooby lol

I got an idea who seen that myself lol

21 minutes ago, panik said:

Like a ghost town round here , I hope everyones too stoned to post,... lol 

Hasn't been this dead for a while mate...

A lot of folk disappearing all over the place:unsure:

• Like 4

Everyone's busy down the pub! Probably gonna be that way till next season starts....that or some of us are dreading the thought of working the land for Christmas Brussels :unsure:

• Like 1

As you know, a lot of the diaries are spread out across the breeders forums, they aren't all concentrated into the gg section anymore. The free seeds and prizes on offer  are very attractive offers. Others move onwards and upwards, the only constant in life, is change.

I will be trying to keep the flame alive, it's springtime here now and I've dusted the cobwebs off my diary. I dug my holes on Sunday and planted out  the first 11 girls that I spotted.

The plot has taken out a couple of buckets of sweat from me, along with a little dribble of blood, but no tears yet.lol

My soil type is nearly pure sand. Anybody got some advice for amendments. So far it's been compost, worm castings, dol lime and a smidge of bone meal. Cheers 

• Like 4

@beezee  Nice one, mate. I did collect 20 sacks of stable bedding, about a month ago. It's a mix of straw, saw dust and horse muck.

There's no way that I would put it on the plot yet. All that carbon will deplete the N from the ground. I have made a nice big pile next to my plot, from all the weeds and grasses that I cleared away. I mixed some of the horse muck in with that and watered it down. It will be a good few months before that is ready to use.

I can ask a neighbor if he will let me come and clear out his old sheep kraal. That stuff is well rotted down, it's years old. It has big clumps of nettles growing up through it. If I spread that around the plot it should do all kinds of good things to the soil. The only down side to sheep shit is all the seeds in it, that don't get digested. That's a small thing to deal with.  A good layer of mulch on top should smother any weeds below.

• Like 1

@beezee You wouldn't bother to dig it in? Just lay it down on the top.

I will talk to the other neighbors and see what else I can find. A load of old straw would make for the perfect mulch blanket. 

• Like 1

My only plot was very local and I live in a very built up area. It was just on some overgrown woodland. Next year I might try another local grow but in different spot lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sidi Hidi said:

@beezee You wouldn't bother to dig it in? Just lay it down on the top.

I will talk to the other neighbors and see what else I can find. A load of old straw would make for the perfect mulch blanket. 

I thought you'd planted already, dig it in if you can, but you don't want to disturb any growing roots. 

• Like 1