The Random Thread

whats_luring

1 hour ago, Mr.tea-lad said:

Keep on top of it, ripe bud is better than early bud... how does your duck bud smoke? Mr.tea

dunno much bout outdoors but i 2nd the early bud vs ripe if you can manage it do it till ripened it makes a very noticable difference in the end from my own experience as i have harvested early before,try everything you can manage,atb bud.

H4rdc0r3.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mr.tea-lad said:

Keep on top of it, ripe bud is better than early bud... 

Early bud is better than rotten bud...Were outdoors here remember, take what you can, when you can.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Key4 said:

Early bud is better than rotten bud...Were outdoors here remember, take what you can, when you can.

AKA a bud in the hand is worth 2 on the bush :yinyang: (at this time of year anyway when your fighting the law of diminished returns).

• Like 7

One thing I have learnt about outdoor is that when to harvest is a very different decision than indoor. Plus there is always the hash pile......

I made some single variety Gorilla Haze bubble hash this week. It's looking lovely, hopefully dry enough to try a little sample tonight

• Like 7

A dose of 50mg of CBD per day for 3 months, using 7% CBD bud works out to a total 65g of bud.

Edited by Bird
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Key4 said:

Hm, yes. I might be proven foolish in the days to come, particularly with this wave of crappy weather. Just hoping these bursts of sun and the strong winds will be enough to blow away the spores and dry them out sufficiently during the day.

I also partly made the deicison to delay harvest till after the weekend because I have company, which will be leaving, and it would awkward to get them out of the way for long enough to deal with it...

2 hours ago, Mr blue said:

One thing I have learnt about outdoor is that when to harvest is a very different decision than indoor. Plus there is always the hash pile......

I made some single variety Gorilla Haze bubble hash this week. It's looking lovely, hopefully dry enough to try a little sample tonight

I think I will be 'hashing' / using for edibles or oils a good portion of what I have left. Ultimately, I am hoping to get the remains of this one KK plant close to a proper finish, and hopefully number two gets to within a week or two, but KK number 3 and my weird Special Queen plant will likely get 'hashed' if there is anything left on them in a week or 10 days. 

The Special Queen is really weird. Leaves are bright green and kind of waxy and soft (nothing like any other plant I've seen), the plant is bushier and leafier than any other plant I've ever seen, and despite being a picture of healthy with not a spot of mould so far, it is incredibly slow to flower. Seemed to start flowering more than a month ago, and it still looks to be in the earliest stages...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Key4 said:

Taking risks is the name of the game, been a good October. I'll trust in nature and definitely not be picking any buds of until I see quite abit of amber tricks

mr.tea

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mr.tea-lad said:

'll trust in nature and definitely not be picking any buds of until I see quite abit of amber tricks

I don't think that thrich colour is a reliable indication of potency. I know that most people use it as a rule of thumb but I'd be tempted to look for other signs that might indicate bud maturity. 

• Like 1

@Tuggie I know  sometimes the trichs will take forever to turn amber eg sativas...but I have enough variation of plants to get a good end result and not rush things. Still popping out plenty of white hairs :) thanks for advice, I do wait for the pistils to turn more than 80 brown then I will check with the loop for colour. I do also have a cut of point with the frost obviously.

large.IMG_0037.JPG

Mr.tea

Edited by Mr.tea-lad
  • Like 5

On 19/10/2017 at 7:40 PM, Mr.tea-lad said:

Keep on top of it, ripe bud is better than early bud... how does your duck bud smoke? Mr.tea

So I finally got round to smoking my Duck joint last night, and I needn't have worried. Got properly high off half a joint. Genuine psychedelic headspace, and had a great time watching some comedy and listening to music. Just a very mild stone, but I expected that anyway as it's supposed to be Sativa dominant, and I probably care most about the headspace, and I don't particularly smoke to be knocked out.

Amazing really. This bud barely looks like bud... it's so wispy and leafy and stemmy, and it's just been drying for a week, hasn't had a cure, was harvested early... And I only smoked half the joint! Very pleasing and reassuring.

• Like 2