The Random Thread

whats_luring

4 hours ago, Mr.tea-lad said:

@Spliffman100 

i use hydrogen peroxide from the chemist and use 1 cap to 1 cup. Hope this helps. Very good at killing mould

mr.tea

Thanks. I found some around which is 6% concentration. I was thinking I'd just use that and dab it on directly without further diluting, but just discovered it's passed its expiry by about a year. Will have to research if still usable or buy more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

Lost about kilo to mould this season me and me git easily I would think..

Still a lot to cut but we got our smokes in :)

Same here mate,it is what it is aint it.

Hope all is well :) 

I have literally a bin bag full of slightly mouldy weed in the freezer ready for the bubble bags. Whole plants minus stalks and fan leaves

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Key4 said:

Cant have 2 shit years in a row now tho..Indian summer next year lads guaranteed :thumsup:

I hope your right! My fingers will be firmly crossed all year! 

Saying that you don't seem to have done bad at all! I'm lat 53 too so been keeping an eye on your diary along with a few of the other lat 53er's, trying to pick up as much as I can.... thanks to you lot i know what I'm aiming for!  Haha.

Edited by Urbangardener
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, inaction man said:

yup, me too, a season to remember for all the wrong reasons.....

Me three. Many ounces lost even from my few plants. If I end up with 3oz total I'll be happy at this stage...

By the by, my Frisian Duck is the airiest looking bud I've ever seen. I knew it was leafy and not finished when I took it, but after trimming it didn't look that bad. However, after drying it's ridiculous - I can see through most of the buds, it's just stems and wispy leaves and odd calyxes.

That said, I went back yesterday expecting the remainder to be moulded to shit and actually took off a bunch of decent little colas. Theoretically they should almost be ready now, and the calyxes have definitely fattened up, but still pretty leafy. Anyway, I have almost an oz of the wispy stuff and I've rolled a joint to try tonight, so we'll see if it actually does anything.

• Like 2

On 17/10/2017 at 8:31 PM, Mr.tea-lad said:

@Spliffman100 

i use hydrogen peroxide from the chemist and use 1 cap to 1 cup. Hope this helps. Very good at killing mould

mr.tea

So I found some 9% Hydrogen Peroxide and decided to use it undiluted (surely more effective that way?). Seems to be pretty potent stuff, as I could see it bubbling when I dabbed it on the wounds and rot danger spots on my plants. Also got some on my hands which gave me some interesting white acid burns on my hands for an hour or two.

Anyway, I was really encouraged and impressed by my plants today. The pistils on what remains of my fastest KKfv are starting to turn orange in greater numbers and I'm sure a couple of colas have fattened noticeably in the last two days. Not a single speck of new rot on that plant, despite the misty and wet weather since Tuesday.

Number 3 seems to have accelerated and also had not a speck of rot.

Only number 2, clearly the most rot prone, had a couple of small spots of rot starting, and I removed the affected areas with precision and applied H2O2 quite aggressively. Hope the H2O2 really does break down cleanly and won't contaminate my bud.

Now I just have to get them through three bands of heavy rain and into next week, when another warm, dry week might just ride to the rescue and enable a strong finish.

• Like 3

@Spliffman100if you applied full strength mate it should dilute when the plant gets wet, protecting the area without having to re apply...for even a week after, I used 6% same thing basically and i too got the white hands 

atb

mr.tea

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr.tea-lad said:

@Spliffman100if you applied full strength mate it should dilute when the plant gets wet, protecting the area without having to re apply...for even a week after, I used 6% same thing basically and i too got the white hands 

atb

mr.tea

Let's hope so.

I'm having to temper my excitement now with the upcoming rain, which could throw a spanner in the works, but these KKFVs are really looking the business. Mostly clean, healthy leaves, helped by my close attention, and the buds actually looking really frosty and ever denser. Comparable to my little Haze auto that I flowered mostly indoors earlier this summer. A lot of bud for August plant outs as well.

Even the portion that I harvested on Tuesday is looking decent so far as it dries. Prospect of a real, ripe, successful outdoor harvest is tantalising. Going to have to keep traipsing till this rain passes...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr.tea-lad said:

Keep on top of it, ripe bud is better than early bud... how does your duck bud smoke? Mr.tea

Hoping to find out later tonight. Keep having to delay the big smoke... I'll keep you posted. Honestly I'm dreading the outcome where I'm left sitting here and nothings happening, and even my miserable emergency harvest is a write off...

But it did feel sticky when I broke it up into the grinder so that's positive.