The Random Thread

whats_luring

you think that could work key4? its all covered in bud.. So if i took a branch with some leaves on it, pulled the buds off and dipped the end in some hormone it might live.

I was thinling something like lifting the whole plant, hack it right back, trim roots a bit too then re-pot ay home. will probably die but would be a fun experiment.

• Like 1

Yea i always took cuts indoors near harvest, just find some little stragglers that havent much bud on anyway and root .

Do a few cuts and try saving the rootball too, double chance then :) 

• Like 1

worth a try  ,, done it many times @inaction man  succesful on one so far this season  another halfway thru an im in a simlar spot to you cheked on a beutiful female yesterday not a drop of mold ann smells like lemonyheaven shes a long way in flower but you can bring em back with patiance might try grab a cut off mine at weekend ,usually just take cuts in normal way an put under 24 7

• Like 3

Cheers lads, I left the lowers n popcorn on her so when I go back for it I'll grab the other bits too. Random freebie plot visit today, was gonna do it yesterday but got held up by an unexpectedly large trimming assignment.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, inaction man said:

Nice plants EF, are they fresh pics too? looking a lot better than any of mine I've seen this week. (apart from the family cat!)

To my immense surprise I found one of my ladies today that was not raped & battered by botrytis or septoria. It was a highrise F99 that I'd assumed would be a stack of decomposing greenery like her 2 sisters... but no, 4+oz of perfectly done frosty but smallish tips and less than 5% mould losses. So far thats the only photoperiod thats managed to ripen properly ay any of my little gardens in the horrendous wetfest that has befallen us since mid july or whenever.

Would it be possible to resurrect this hardcase bitch at such a late stage in life?, she'd be useful for breeding and even if she could be re-vegged maybe she'd have spazzy offspring like a lot of older parents?

Does anybody ever try to dig up prime specimens after harvest and try to make them come to life again? any successes?:)

Pictures from a week ago or so. Some older. The nicely cooked bud shots are from s6, only strain I really been able to take all the way this year. 

• Like 2

Haven't been about  much lately due to cat being run over and mother in hospital..

Hope everyone is safe and enjoying the harvests take it easy guys!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 11:18 PM, inaction man said:

Does anybody ever try to dig up prime specimens after harvest and try to make them come to life again? any successes?:)

yep, do it all the time.  pull up stump, or dig/prise out with fork if heavy soil.  prune back the top so its down to just a few lower branches then pot up into compost/perlite, place under a Blue CFL on 24 hours.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Exile420 said:

Haven't been about  much lately due to cat being run over and mother in hospital..

Hope everyone is safe and enjoying the harvests take it easy guys!

Sorry to hear about your cat mate there like kids our pets are . Hope you got a decent crop in and your mother gets better soon :sorry:

Nice one amarillo, I been thinking to do that but just got a little worried that she'd pass on botrytis or other nasties to her future offspring cuts or can they make a full recovery, even perhaps boost their immune systems after a spell in intensive care? do you rinse off all the soil thoroughly too?

I been really impressed by my grow bud's S6s, more specifically a certain pink pistilled beauty. I'm sorely tempted to get a pack for next season @Elephant Face

I also reckon cropping & mountain biking are hobbies made for each other. Shame about the work thing though. Always the way,... all seems to get hectic on the work side of life at the same times of year as plantout & harvest :wallbash:

Edited by inaction man
  • Like 2

On 03/10/2017 at 8:03 PM, uberowl said:

plot visit tonight, and never has this guerilla saw such a sad sight! Plot is riddled with budrot. There was that much ive had to just leave it to mother earth as i havent got time to clean it up. Bit of salvage of my earliest killer kush, should of chopped it last week lost 90% others have a week or two left and are going to be struggling.

One serious 6 was ready, nice dence nugs and very little rot but the whole plots hanging on by its fingernails. Good luck everyone, come on weather just a fucking couple of dry weeks

Hard luck with this one buddy. At least you managed to get some salvageable! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, inaction man said:

Nice one amarillo, I been thinking to do that but just got a little worried that she'd pass on botrytis or other nasties to her future offspring cuts or can they make a full recovery, even perhaps boost their immune systems after a spell in intensive care? do you rinse off all the soil thoroughly too?

might want to give the plant a quick check over for mites/aphids and obvisouly remove any material thats clearly infected with botrytis ect.  but other than that i wouldnt worry too much, play it by ear, if after vegging for abit you notice anything nasty then treat accordingly.  most the time, there are no problems.  

I'm not sure i know exactly what you mean with the intensive care thing .  I think that the stressfull conditions, reveg etc can boost growth rates and potentially up the plants natural resistance to certain things. but I dont think plant's immune systems are similar to ours,  as in, i dont think that a plant being exposed to botrytis for example, would then go on to develop a greater immunity to it.   not sure wich one you meant.

you could rinse off the soil yep, that would probably be wise to lower the risk of bringing unwanted guests into an indoor environment.  the last plant i revegged i chucked in a bucket of water with nutrients and seaweed extract for a day or two, washed away all the old soil.  I sent you a message with more info across the lane. 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 1

Sheite!! Went to chop at a plot and was greeted by a load of bare stems. 

Whoever had been there took scissors, probably took 20-30 oz.

Hope it goes mouldy on the cunts while drying :D

Hehe fuknuts 

• Like 2

Not too bothered tbh bez mate.

Me and me mate were laughing at the thought of their faces when they found them.

Wish we had a cam set up.

Don't think they got much of a clue tho, the Early Grape there was not ready and they took that.

They entered the plot from a different direction to what we use , had no idea till we got there.

Worst bit is losing a good plot, looks like I'll be on Google maps again.

Cheers kid

• Like 4