The Random Thread

whats_luring

I've only a few out this year but went for a little look about in a place I'd eyed from space online and also looked at from a distance. Well, finally tunneled in today. First 80 or so paces was steep bramble tangled woods and then about 100 more through dense 8' rose bay willow. This led right to the spot which turned out better than good. Full sky aspect and ground tilted slightly on a SSE facing slope with dark spongy loam soil.  Occasional big brambles ready to be woven.  This is the one I've been looking for for 5 years. Would comfortably accommodate numbers but will be planted with alot less as I simply can't handle that kind of harvest these days. Bring on 2018

Edited by Clean Green
  • Like 12

Need some help with a bug.

went to check on a couple of ladies last night and the plants had like a clear goo on them, wasn't slugs as far too clean looking.  Few leaves rolled up too.  Tried unrolling one and nothing in it.  Didn't get any pics unfortunately.

any ideas on what it is and how to stop it?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SlimPikins said:

rolled up normally indicates caterpillars m8, any munching been going on?

Yea little bit, had to cut couple of side branches off as covered in goo stuff.  And a few leaf stalks that were left.  No signs of actual critters though.

oh well just another feckin set back, season from hell.  Can the durbans save me :)

• Like 2

On 12/08/2017 at 2:00 PM, Lea Valley said:

Hmmmmm , found a grow the other day. Not bad, 14 ish healthy plants around 5 to 6 ft.  Half protected in a large caged area and half not. No signs of flowering yet. Took a couple of pics and left. 

So we all know the code and this isn't what this post is about.

It's about the ease of discovery on an otherwise well thought out grow. Obviously my eye looks at tracks and broken undergrowth in Guerrilla mode but I thought it was too easy to get to. I was able to ride my bike to within 50 ft of the plot entrance which was too exposed allowing me to wander in.

I was initialy surprised to find the plot which turned to disappointed as I have been eyeing this area for a while and had the opportunity to go and scope it out to find it's already in use. 

Now I won't be going back and I'll leave the chap in peace. Do unto others and all that good stuff.

Be great if the grower was on here and could identify their plot but it's not fair to put up pics. 

It's a battle of attrition really. I have about 3 spots that would be considered high risk. I had a grow buddy doubt my choices this year but I had the spare clones and nothing ventured nothing gained. If only 1 of my 3 risks pay off, it was all worth it. If all 3 come in, I'll be laughing. 

Spread your bets in all.. :D

I have found a few over the years, leave them well alone and there's no drama. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Slippy One said:

It's a battle of attrition really. I have about 3 spots that would be considered high risk. I had a grow buddy doubt my choices this year but I had the spare clones and nothing ventured nothing gained. If only 1 of my 3 risks pay off, it was all worth it. If all 3 come in, I'll be laughing. 

Spread your bets in all.. :D

I have found a few over the years, leave them well alone and there's no drama. 

Yeah I've certainly spread my bets...:

- Total of 9 plants started this year.
- 6 outdoor plants still on course for some sort of a harvest.
- 4 completely separate guerilla sites...
- 1 plant finishing at home...

Obviously a bit excessive to spread my plants around like that, but the sites are all quite different logistically and I wanted to test a selection ahead of potential future grows...

• Like 3

Was ment to be harvesting today but my eldest decided that going out for a fry up would be a better idea than daddys missions...I agree, looks shitty weather anyway lol 

• Like 1

Just got back from walking the dog. I told my daughter to tell mum about the big dog Alfie met.

Here is her response: lol 

Oh yeah, we saw a big dog and Alfie was trying to play with him. Then Alfie was trying to hump him but he couldn't reach.

I know what humping means.

It's when you lean on someone and scratch their back like this! (Acts it out lol )

I've humped my teddy before! :woot:

And only last week, my eldest who is 8, asked me what a Durex is!! :unsure:  I didn't know lol Damned YouTube!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

Some plants have got potassium Def, any ideas what I can feed them lads/ladies?

Theres loads of different types of fbb Look for lower N and higher PK types. Or sulphate of pottash .

1 minute ago, Key4 said:

Theres loads of different types of fbb Look for lower N and higher PK types. Or sulphate of pottash .

They've been getting potash, but just the once ummmm.. probs need a top up better get the shops this weekend then

• Like 2

How far into flowering would you keep adding fbb and potash?  How long does it take to be used up, let's assume it's washed in pretty soon after top dressing?

4-6weeks?

• Like 1