The Random Thread

whats_luring

1 hour ago, rainy rock said:

Cheers for the reply I'm growing on and off with the last 6 years and have dealt with mold late in flower never this early. Just a shame cause the plant is perfectly healthy otherwise nice squat indica from very good weed I found 4 seeds in a 1/2 so was just a punt humid Irish weather doesn't help. All is not lost as I have my own hfh cross in flower ☺

Sounds like you want to try and save it. I have used iso alcohol rubbed on hard and then burned off, repeat a couple of times and then if you can, coat cleaned area in super glue.  If the mould is more than half way round the main stem then it may be too far gone.  GL

• Like 2

tried all sorts for stem rot over the years,  still haven't found a proper cure.  as usual prevention is always best, stain, frequent checking and tending etc 

I've got a couple plants with stem rot this year,  removed the worst of it now just hoping it doesn't get worse...

fingers-crossed-300x300.jpg

• Like 8

Rub some spit onto the infected area of the stem using your thumb and fingers.. rub it in well...

Call me crazy...

but it can actually work...and has done for me on many occasions! 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Flintstone said:

@rainy rock Menu - browse - gallery- scroll to the bottom - add images - the rest should be easy enough to figure out!

I'll get on it tomorrow evening and snap some pics it's just a small back yard grow cheers for the info :cowboy:

• Like 3

Not sure if it will work in this situation but with a lot of other plants powdered cinnamon on wounds is beneficial, maybe after treating with peroxide or whatever you try, sprinkle the area with it. :yinyang:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amarillo slim said:

tried all sorts for stem rot over the years,  still haven't found a proper cure.  as usual prevention is always best, stain, frequent checking and tending etc 

I've got a couple plants with stem rot this year,  removed the worst of it now just hoping it doesn't get worse...

fingers-crossed-300x300.jpg

Worst of all is that it's a garden grow in pots and checked daily it just seemed to pop up over night :wallbash: 3 of the same plant's have already been dumped so it's not meant to be if this is happening now flowering is going to be a nightmare. My other plants are going strong so it's not too bad inbred Danish Gold and Danish Gold wild monk cross hopefully they will produce :smokin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SlimPikins said:

@rainy rock

If I were in you're shoes pall, I'd try and save everything below it, tops gone :yes: August will see to that, warm n wet :(

Its right at the base just above soil level :mellow: its wet and humid at the moment and the rest of the week is given wet I'll see how it is tomorrow might try and get some cuts for an indoor friend or else just dump it 

• Like 2

Just had a check on my 1st harvest. Stems just bend so I guess they're not drying too fast. They've lost a lot of volume though. Seen some mason jars in the pound shop last week, hope they are still there! :) 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

Just had a check on my 1st harvest. Stems just bend so I guess they're not drying too fast. They've lost a lot of volume though. Seen some mason jars in the pound shop last week, hope they are still there! :) 

lollollol

Most stock software automatically order certain items at certain times of the year.... it'd be nice to think that the sales of mason jars and trimming scissors are factored into these algorithms for Autumn  :wassnnme:

• Like 8

Just come back from Poundland. Bought 3 mason jars (cheap, but may not be good @beezee)which are around 1.5/2L. They also had garden scissors @Machiavellian :rofl:. Had to buy 9 foam super gliders too! Get the kids out of the house!! 

• Like 2

My head is like a sieve. I can't rembermy own name at times, don't talk about others lollol .

I was wondering if he guys can help me rember a members name here, she has a lovely garden going on, she has rabbits & a wrockwiller dog all in her back garden. I love popping in & out of her beautuful garden but i cant remember her name :wallbash:. I think its like anna r similar, it does start with an 'A' me thinks :g:. TIA :yep:.