The Random Thread

whats_luring

9 minutes ago, Ruster said:

Sorry the pump that chappers have this pump it has a 7 meter head with a 30 meter push  ,your girls will be 6 foot before you no it ,also leave at plot all year round just cover with a ton bag and spray green 

So are you saying the one that chapter has would be more ideal then this link?

Ok @Key4, I hear you. Sorry I can't comment on your above as I don't know a lot about pumps lol . If I was around I wud take to your plot 4 you. B lucky mate :yep:.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Key4 said:

I cant carry one that big im a really skinny guy with a dodgey back id snap lol 

I reckon the 1" petrol one will do.

Pump

esl2009

Maximum head height

esl2009

10M

Max. head height (suction):

esl2009

6M

Maximum output:

esl2009

85L/min

Suction aperture:

esl2009

25mm

Output aperture:

esl2009

25mm

Engine

esl2009

Engine size:

esl2009

2.5HP 4 stroke OHV

Displacement:

esl2009

98cc

Start:

esl2009

Recoil

Fuel tank capacity:

esl2009

0.4L

Fuck me,i am not exactly arnie Schwarzenegger,i am skinny as a whippet,that pump weighs 24 kg then add fuel weight,get it on your shoulder,it will pay dividens later on down the line :yinyang:

• Like 3

It depends on the geography and whether there is a flowing river/stream near by but have a look at Hydraulic Ram Pumps.

Fascinating things in the right situation and no fuel required :)

• Like 2

Hey could any of you help me out with uploading pictures from a Samsung phone never uploaded pics on here before and am a little bit slow :unsure::smokin:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimmyarm said:

It depends on the geography and whether there is a flowing river/stream near by but have a look at Hydraulic Ram Pumps.

Fascinating things in the right situation and no fuel required :)

Have you got one,any pics of yours?Whats the litres per minute flow?

1 hour ago, rainy rock said:

Hey could any of you help me out with uploading pictures from a Samsung phone never uploaded pics on here before and am a little bit slow :unsure::smokin:

Sorry @rainy rock but I'm unable to do it from phone. The way I do it is transfer my pictures to ipad/tablet/computer via Bluetooth.  Then I have an app to resize all pic called resizer. All pic needs to b resized. Then you can upload your pictures to your gallery. Do u know how to do this?

1. Click on create icon, top right hand of site page

2. Click on gallery image 

3. Select category 'members gallery's

4. Choose what album you want your pic to go to or you can choose a new album & name/call it what u like. (Left hand side of this page for new album.

5. Click on da album you would like to choose & select

6. Choose file (documents r whatever) 

7. Go to your photo's, resize page where you downloaded ur pic'-s & click on d one u want & repeat.

Hope this makes sense. Good luck & welcome aboard :lucky:.

• Like 1

Anyone tried this strain ErdPurt ?  I like the look & sound of this & I was just wondering if anyone has grown it outdoors? Any experience of growing this strain would be appreciated :yep:.

those hydraulic ram pumps mentioned are really interesting i had a look yesterday.    Only 2 moving parts, really clever stuff.    You can make a small one out of pipe fitting

Pump needs to be below the source of water or run from flowing water.    Think it was 6 x head height that could be achieved but you loose a lot of water out the bubbler thing. (90%)

They are used on an industrial level for hydro electric power so in the right situation i guess some flow can be achieved. 

@Ch@ppers

I don't grow outdoors at the moment, haven't found a site (yet). Too many horsey types round my way so finding a patch that is local and suitable is a bit of a mission :)

I heard of them on a youtube channel I watch on occasion, he was using one to fill up their water tank on a homestead in America and it looked ingenious. I quite fancy building one just for the fun of it !

There is plenty of info on them on the web, loads of different designs etc.

Edited by Jimmyarm
  • Like 1

Guest Key4
12 hours ago, Irishgirl said:

Anyone tried this strain ErdPurt ?  I like the look & sound of this & I was just wondering if anyone has grown it outdoors? Any experience of growing this strain would be appreciated :yep:.

I think @Loam Gnome did it .He didnt rate it.b

2 hours ago, Blunt_Wit said:

those hydraulic ram pumps mentioned are really interesting i had a look yesterday.    Only 2 moving parts, really clever stuff.    You can make a small one out of pipe fitting

Pump needs to be below the source of water or run from flowing water.    Think it was 6 x head height that could be achieved but you loose a lot of water out the bubbler thing. (90%)

They are used on an industrial level for hydro electric power so in the right situation i guess some flow can be achieved. 

Concept looks good but the trickle that comes out the end?Would be quicker and more effective to bucket from the water source your pumping from..........

• Like 2

Not really trying to sell them i stopped reading for GG and just looked at them as interesting.    My guess is the industrial ones aren't built from pop bottles though ;)

i thought you would question the 'free energy' bit tbh @Ch@ppersI had to keep reading to check that they obey the laws of thermodynamics.....i'll leave you hanging on that one :yep:

Nope,aint clued up on thermodynamics..........................But I do know how to water plants :cowboy:

large.P1020424__1497970030_24378.jpg

• Like 8