The Random Thread

whats_luring

21 hours ago, Key4 said:

Any techniques for getting through nettle fields without making tracks. 

HALO or paramotor :george: Failing that moonwalk :ninja: loads of ways,and scrap weekly visits,some people feel the need to mollycoddle the plants,all they are doing is leaving follow-me's...

large.P1020377.JPG

large.P1010839.JPGlarge.P1020376.JPG

• Like 12

Guest Key4

lol 

Ive just got to go earlier and do as above then i wont get spotted or make tracks.

I agree weekly visits aint a good idea.

I didn't even go earlier to cut back any overgrowth around the egdges of the plot, over a week now I haven't benn lol. I went to put some ferts down before it pissed down and now there's been these nice sunny days so I imagine they've grown a lot :) 

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 2

Our recent Amsterdam trip turned out to be a success. Haven't smoked weed in years and by god I was blitzed the first night!

Went out and had cocktails, couple laps of the RLD then went and bought a pre rolled super lemon haze! Sat by the canal and had around 10 puffs of this harsh joint. Well, it made me a bit edgy at first, 15 mins later, gets back to the hotel and our key card won't open the hotel door!! So me and the Mrs are taking it in turns to try and open the door, both accusing the other of doing it wrong or having the card the wrong way around, all the while in fits of giggles!! I haven't laughed so much in ages.:rofl:

Next thing a neighbour sticks their head out of their room to shush us!:rofl:  So after a pause in the giggles, I braved going down the spiral stair case to ask for help. The grumpy guy on reception did something to the card then said it's ok. Goes back up, still doesn't work.... so off we go again.... giggling like a pair of idiots:rofl:

Goes back down with my straight face on, stepping over the metal carpet thresholds as if they were steps, grumpy takes the card off me and follows me up to the room and opens the bloody door first swipe and I'm certain we tried every possible way the card could be swiped :rofl:

2nd night, we finished the rest of the SLH, edgy again, then back to the room and just the sight of the door to our room sent us off again! Got in first time though and spent the next hour cracked up watching stupid shit on YouTube!

3rd night, got some cheese which was more up my street, no edginess and nice and relaxed, sitting in a busy street window, pointing out lookalikes!

Turns out too, that I'm the lightweight between me and the Mrs and she suggested a weekend smoke would be quite nice. Bloody good job too, going to hopefully have plenty! :) 

• Like 8

@Irishgirl We had a great time! Tourists by day, teens by night! Nice to get back and put the feet up... we covered some miles! 

Need to find a recipe for Kalfskroketten now! Drunk, sober or stoned, absolutely scrummy :)

• Like 1

Guest Key4

I need a cheap water pump that can shift water 50 meters and doesnt weight much?

What about these if i put a decent makita drill on it ?

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Key4

@Key4 i think it all depends how much height (head) you need to pump the water. If its fairly level i dont think you would have any problems at all

• Like 1

Guest Key4

@uberowl only a couple meters up a bank then its flat about 20-50m depending on plot.

Been watching reviews and the need a very powerfull electric drill so i dont think it would work. I found a 1" 2.5hp petrol one that should work .

Edited by Key4

14 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

50 meter push?What diameter pipe is that?

large.P1020479.JPGlarge.P1020527.JPG

Use these my self think it pumps 416 litres a min if I'm correct 

• Like 3

If it's up hill your pumping you will need the pressure @Key4. I know you have a bad back but how about taken something like @Ch@ppers has to the plot, maybe wrap well & leave on site all year. This mean u only need to take/carry it once?  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PETROL-WATER-PUMP-STROKE-ENGINE/dp/B00JVMZ8VO/ref=pd_sbs_60_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CWN993PHMK64SSG22AH2

Edited by Irishgirl

4 minutes ago, Irishgirl said:

If it's up hill your pumping you will need the pressure @Key4. I know you have a bad back but how about taken something like @Ch@ppers has to the plot, maybe wrap well & leave on site all year. This mean u only need to take/carry it once? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PETROL-WATER-PUMP-STROKE-ENGINE/dp/B00JVMZ8VO/ref=pd_sbs_60_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CWN993PHMK64SSG22AH2

Sorry the pump that chappers have this pump it has a 7 meter head with a 30 meter push  ,your girls will be 6 foot before you no it ,also leave at plot all year round just cover with a ton bag and spray green 

Edited by Ruster
  • Like 3

Guest Key4

I cant carry one that big im a really skinny guy with a dodgey back id snap lol 

I reckon the 1" petrol one will do.

Pump

esl2009

Maximum head height

esl2009

10M

Max. head height (suction):

esl2009

6M

Maximum output:

esl2009

85L/min