The Random Thread

whats_luring

@RandyBoBandyShit by yourself ain't it .

I have been tempted to find a few plots down lat 50.  jump on a train with 100s of plug plants go buy a spade an cages ..Hotel for the weekend and smash a few big uns.

10 hours ago, rellik said:

didnt think id be learning unix commands here lol

is that the actual output of random?

Tis a bit 'random', 'nix shit on a pot site, innit :D

Well, its urandom (kinda same, ish)) piped through a few more commands to add further mess and avoid repetitions, I seem to remember. But, yes, that's what it dumped out...try it. If you want longer gobbledegook just change the '64' value to what ya want. :) I'd advise you to RTFM commands you're not familiar with [ eg $ man tr]. Don't trust any code you don't under stand!

I've not got the balls or arrogance to claim true randomness, though. That's the kind of shit that weighs heavy at 4am to this geek, I can tell ya ;) If life depended on it's secuirty...I'm at the stage where I'd question the wisdom of putting it on a computer at all.

Here's a useful stack page, @rellik

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/324209/when-to-use-dev-random-vs-dev-urandom

Random thought:

define acronyms. They exclude if just left with presumption....

RTFM = read the fucking manual :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Key4 said:

@RandyBoBandyShit by yourself ain't it .

I have been tempted to find a few plots down lat 50.  jump on a train with 100s of plug plants go buy a spade an cages ..Hotel for the weekend and smash a few big uns.

i dont mind it at all for me and my small grows.. but its getting a bit hectic out there... 

and if im gonna propper mission it.... its gonna be more time consuming.. effort and just not enjoyable anymore..  a grow bud will make all the difference

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

Happy Friday boys and girls enjoy yeah weekend :skin_up::bong:

Glad it's finally here!!! Weekly plot visits are no fun! Starting to like the smell of weed now too :)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Degsy said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't understand any of that post by @j.o.i.n.t  :unsure:

...you may not be surprised how often I get that when I talk about computers. It's a shit subject for picking up women, too!

Was deeply high when I did the first post. Thought this was a lounge random thread. I'll get me coat :D

• Like 5

I'm currently making compost in a diy 60l tumbler!  Chicken shit, seaweed, scraps shredded paper etc. There was some big clumps in there so I was pounding it with a piece of 3x2 in front of the wide open patio door! Didn't realise the wind was wafting it into the house! The Mrs walked in and give me hell... the house is bloody reeking! She's gone to her mothers for a cuppa until the smell has gone! Even the flies have pissed off :rofl: 

• Like 7

These three killer kush's are staying out tonight and planted out tomorrow. They've been spending a lot of time in the sun and spending a few hours outside when it's dark to get them used to outdoor environment. That will make 4 cream caramels and 3 killer kush's up to now. It turns out my other blue amnesia xxl auto has just stopped growing as well, just a bit later than the other two, on the third set of leaves it got stuck at are really weird and won't do anything else at all now. I dug 10 holes hoping for ten plants but I am having to now think of something else for the 1 spare hole already prepped. I have a critical 2+2.0 and another killer kush already 5 days old to fill the other 2, I started them when I binned the last two blue amnesias, and now it looks like I'm starting another seed to fill the gap. Tempted to buy some auto ice cool lol.

large.594474922abf7_plants3.jpg

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 6

I've got three more holes to put plants in now, would have all been full now if the blue amnesia xxl seeds didn't just stop growing. I still have the one that stopped growing later than the others and it's grew a bit faster in the past day or so tbf and it didn't looks as bad as the other two they just curled over unlike this one. I have a killer kush and critical 2.0 to compensate the other two and started germinating some seed called tha shiznit freebie from short stuff seeds to compensate for this one, but tbh might just stick this out instead and see what happens lollarge.5946f9cd1f452_20170618_230327(2292

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 5

Its so disheartening when things dont go to plan wheather its plant not doing well, finding plots & when found you thing you struck gold, do all da prep, get excited but to be spotted or realise it was a bad choice to begin with :wallbash:. I just visited one of my plots, my RGSC, pot luck & feel so disappointed with the plot in itself & the plants don't look good. Weidered bottom leaves, holes in some leaves & little growth. Out of the 7 sisters & da little sister only one is doing ok as in growing. I dug holes, mixed all da amendments & compost together a month b4 plant out, topped up with compost at plant out & to find there r not doing well DFG & mighty gold :wallbash:

@Key4, I also wish I had a grow buddy on board, someone to vent to, dig with, headaches with & share with as a echo to voice to. I have already asked myself, is it worth it, I'm not doing it next year but tbh I do have 2 plots that I'm in love with so think I will just stick to these 2 for next season & if I did find which is unlikely I would get my new buddy to find 2 plots & work on them together from beginning to end :yep:.

I just feel so bad as @panik supplied these seeds for me for the competition :wallbash:. I will revisit & take pictures over the next few days & put them in my diary :lucky:

• Like 5

My big plot has been shite for ages but they've all got a move on recently!! Hopefully they'll come good irishgirl.

Also, to make it more enjoyable, put up some bird feeders etc. Every time I visit I'm greeted by my plot robin which I've been feeding! 

• Like 3