The Random Thread

whats_luring

31 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

@Jack010 thanks for that :yep:

I'll need to knock up a carbon filter for mine, seems straight forward enough! Do you reckon attic drying mid summer is ok? Does get a bit warm up there!

Just buy one there 50quid .

@Flintstone

i leave the hatch open through the summer, I can see light from a hole where the flashing is, it's under tiles so no water can get in, I have my ducting going to it so the heat gets blown out.

keep an eye on it drying and put it in jars before it drys to quick, burp the jars for a few weeks, that's how I do it. Works fine. The hotter it is in the attic the less time you hang dry before the jars. 

33 minutes ago, Key4 said:

Just buy one there 50quid .

£50... fuck that :) 2kg of carbon is £8

Im not that flush, plus I love fixing/making things!

Shopping list so far is

2x120 pc fans £6

Carbon £8

Regulated dc adapter £8

I can knock up the rest :yep:

Edited by Flintstone
Shopping list
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

£50... fuck that :) 2kg of carbon is £8

Im not that flush, plus I love fixing/making things!

Shopping list so far is

2x120 pc fans £6

Carbon £8

Regulated dc adapter £8

New front door!

I can knock up the rest :yep:

Fixed that for you mate .

7 minutes ago, Key4 said:

Fixed that for you mate .

You've lost me?? :)

I see now :rofl:

I used to install upvc so I'll be fine :) 

I think I'll be ok with this first load of autos but the main crop is worrying me a bit!

Edited by Flintstone
  • Like 1

@Key4 If the weather is nice around harvest for these autos, I might dry at the plot! 

There are some underground buildings at the plot that I may be able to gain access too for the main harvest. I'll need to provide heating though!

• Like 1

You can buy 4" rvk/rhino pro filter kits for 85quid. Build a nice drying box and you won't smell a thing.

5 minutes ago, Key4 said:

You can buy 4" rvk/rhino pro filter kits for 85quid. Build a nice drying box and you won't smell a thing.

I will definitely consider it for my main crop! I'm pinching pennies at the moment as I'm off to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks! I'll throw in some overtime when I'm back to pump into this hobby! :yep:

• Like 1

On 13/06/2017 at 11:59 AM, j.o.i.n.t said:

I'm told we'd have trouble with this, beyond the quantum level...I'll do my best. If it's not even close, we truly are all doomed.

$ cat /dev/urandom | tr -dc 'a-zA-Z0-9' | fold -w 64 | head -n 1

$ oK9dp2mPjeVDVQ8AJU4q3Jtkcw09JvGJNwgmIvH02KdlOP8k5E36DkBQpYbuaZtA

didnt think id be learning unix commands here lol

is that the actual output of random?

• Like 1

Anybody else having a shit season.

Half my plots busted before I could even plant out. Left with 3plots now and I've been clocked at 2 of them.:wallbash:

Next year if I don't find a grow buddy I'm not going to bother.

Sorry to hear that @key4 sounds shit! When you busted... Do you mean police busted? Or land owners? I am not having the best start of seasons... But at least I am keeping the local deer population well fed! 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Key4 said:

Half my plots busted before I could even plant out. Left with 3plots now and I've been clocked at 2 of them.:wallbash:

Jump on with me and the lads :george:

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, MacGanja said:

Sorry to hear that @key4 sounds shit! When you busted... Do you mean police busted? Or land owners? I am not having the best start of seasons... But at least I am keeping the local deer population well fed! 

Network rail, horse riders and farmers...keep getting caught after preping coming out of the areas.

I've just bought loads of them clip on toilet block things for deer .no idea if it will work yet tho.

17 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

Jump on with me and the lads :george:

Appreciate the offer but I'm a bit far away from you mate.

Day out I reckon see if I can find some new plots.Got 2 trays of seedlings with no home.:skin_up:

Edited by Key4

1 hour ago, Key4 said:

sorry to here about your season so far key.... if i wasnt so far id be on your case planning next years grow...

i should be ok this season but like you.. if i have no grow bud next season... i think i might be done too ...  unless for some reason im not working..

good luck on the plot hunt

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Key4 said:

Network rail, horse riders and farmers...keep getting caught after preping coming out of the areas.

I've just bought loads of them clip on toilet block things for deer .no idea if it will work yet tho.

Appreciate the offer but I'm a bit far away from you mate.

Day out I reckon see if I can find some new plots.Got 2 trays of seedlings with no home.:skin_up:

Mr git isn't so far away from yeah or slim mate ;)

• Like 2