The Random Thread

whats_luring

just buy a slow release fertiliser

westlands do a 6 month slow release one im using that and slow release tomato sticks this year

im using both at half ration to give a slightly more cannabis centric feed.

called

Gro-sure 6 months slow release plant food

nothing in that that doesnt go into toms in the supermarket

westland gro-sure tomato easy feed sticks

either would work fine on there own too

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rellik said:

just buy a slow release fertiliser

westlands do a 6 month slow release one im using that and slow release tomato sticks this year

im using both at half ration to give a slightly more cannabis centric feed.

called

Gro-sure 6 months slow release plant food

nothing in that that doesnt go into toms in the supermarket

westland gro-sure tomato easy feed sticks

either would work fine on there own too

Fbb is a slow release feet.

• Like 3

@indicatoker420 you said the soil was good up there, what plants are growing around and do they look healthy?      You might be ok for veg if soil is good and you are adding some compost as well.

Maybe just top or side dress a bit of chicken manure pellets if you are worried about the FBB.     You could look at top dressing the guano or SOP for flower.

6 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

Fbb is a slow release feet.

yeah agree but I was meaning one that wont attract foxes

he said he had issues with that before

I know organic etc etc etc

but chemical salts is what they use to produce most food..

much more important to avoid pesticide/herbicide IMO

on that note must go and check my metaldehyde slug defenses lol

Edited by rellik
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blunt_Wit said:

@indicatoker420 you said the soil was good up there, what plants are growing around and do they look healthy?      You might be ok for veg if soil is good and you are adding some compost as well.

Maybe just top or side dress a bit of chicken manure pellets if you are worried about the FBB.     You could look at top dressing the guano or SOP for flower.

I like the idea of top dressing with chicken pellets, thanks mate.  The ground soil is pretty good I think tbh, lots of nettles and massive high thorn bushes are growing nice on there. The ground has some clay as well which is supposed to help isn't it?

Thanks guys, I'm off to put the compost in the holes soon so need to know what I'm putting in it lol

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 3

@indicatoker420 Pure clay isn't great i don't think but sounds like its reasonable up there.       If there is any leaf litter or organic matter in ditches you could dig a bit of that in to help with some organic matter.

I'd go with your gut now and see how the plants do, maybe add a small top feed on visits.     You could start liquid feeding as a boost if they look like they need it in the future.      If they are doing well better to just let them get on with it (easier life and better security :yep:)

Edited by Blunt_Wit

You the nettles are big? Rip them down and dig them in, problem solved :)

If there's any comfrey in the area, top dress with that for flowering or dig it in as well ;)

• Like 1

I've filled the holes with compost and very few chicken pellets and hopefully that'll be ok. Only thing is though is that its due to not rain for a bit. Is that a concern guys? I'm thinking I will just have to make sure it gets a good soak before planting the plants in to?

• Like 1

Now the forecast says I will have rain tomorrow night lol, hope that's true. I have 4 cream caramel fv, 3 killer kush fv and 3 blue amnesia xxl auto. The cream caramels are due to go out very soon, they was the only ones I was going to do at first but decided to do more, so they're more ahead than the others. This is my first proper attempt at this, though I would like to be able to go further out but I'm happy with the nearby spot I'm using now :). if they make it to harvest I will be well chuffed. My stupid first other attemps I was filling holes up with plain coco and just planting the seed lol.

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 4

GL @indicatoker420     My own take on the weather is its british summer so rain is never far away, though if i can plant out around rain then i will.       What works for me might not for you though.

The kush should be pretty vigorous and sounds like the caramel have had a good start & they have a bit of veg time to get settled in (though its my 1st time trying CCFV this year).     Take more care with the autos to avoid shock & stunting and hopefully things go well for you :yep:

btw - did you opt for cages and slug protection?

@Blunt_WitThanks dude, yeah I have chicken wire and slug tape mate. I don't want slug pellets I don't really like the idea of them sinking into the grow media. Unless there's a way to stop it from getting in the soil but still be effective? It's raining now :) so now the grow media has one good soak at least before planting out. Will only be a few days until I plant out the cream caramels and about 7 days for the others. The autos and killer kush are quite small still and if the autos shock a bit I aren't too bothered lol I doubt it makes too much difference, I would be more concerned about shocking autos if they was indoors though. Atb for this year dude :smokin:

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 1

2 of the blue amnesia xxl autos are growing weird, its like they don't really want to grow their second set of leaves. Not sure whether to start more or not...

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 1

Vast swarms of diseased ladybirds are invading homes across Britain carrying a dangerous sexually-transmitted infection.

im not haveing it . he comes home with the clap . says the lady birds did it to him  WTF  lmfao

be lucky:skin_up:

Edited by rusty trichomes
  • Like 5