The Random Thread

whats_luring

I had a full on male in the middle of a large room of SS Green Poisons a few years back fucked the whole room up I was fuming, but as mentioned these things happen there is always a chance of getting a male or hermie from fem beans because of the practices used to make them that's why a lot of growers prefer regs, and seed companies always write 99% feminised seeds , not female seeds ... 

1/300 turn male/hermie sweet seeds told me.. 

• Like 8

Guest Key4

What's good for dear then. So far I've got fishing line to put about. Cans on sticks to scare them and a bucket of dog shit.

Any of that stuff in the garden centres work ?

Red Poison Auto for me OD in pots don't think any were even 1m tall iirc      Serious 6 can get tall 6-7ft maybe.

@Key4 i'm going for a bundle of dog hair, water retaining crystals or a nappy plus piss and then topping up with more piss when i visit.    I got the idea from SlimPickens.     I found some party poppers around the house and considering trip wires.      

important to know which bottle is which....

small.hmmmmm.JPG.5ddb95bfae4bed855d69820

5 hours ago, Key4 said:

What's good for dear then. So far I've got fishing line to put about. Cans on sticks to scare them and a bucket of dog shit.

Any of that stuff in the garden centres work ?

I've got deer all over my plot.. and iv found that deterrents are temporary! So i don't bother with them anymore.. the answer is to make your plants not appeal to them anymore. I spray mine with "grazers" which I think was @amarillo slim great find! I've had them remove cages to get to pants.. find out they didn't like the taste of one leaf then leave everything all year :hippy:

• Like 5

Guest Key4
4 hours ago, 80085 said:

I've got deer all over my plot.. and iv found that deterrents are temporary! So i don't bother with them anymore.. the answer is to make your plants not appeal to them anymore. I spray mine with "grazers" which I think was @amarillo slim great find! I've had them remove cages to get to pants.. find out they didn't like the taste of one leaf then leave everything all year :hippy:

Nice one for that sounds good. How often do you spray it?

@Key4 one application says it last 4-6 weeks but I give them a spray every time I visit so every 3-4 weeks! worked wonders for me so far (touch wood) I think it's worth a punt mate! 

Edited by 80085
  • Like 1

Was there not a member here a few seasons back that used those battery motion sensor air fresheners to keep deer away. 

I've been collecting my hair after cutting it but there's not much to collect nowadays 

Edited by MJN
  • Like 7

i got a bin bag of dog hair from the local dog groomer, they were happy to get rid apparently its not precious to them. Didn't even care what i wanted it for...no questions asked ;) 

for use at plots....no good to you MJN ;)

Edited by Blunt_Wit

Some cunting animal got into my grow house and wrecked everything. There's a little hole in the plastic on the side, which it has made to get in. Whatever it was (probably a mouse), it has chewed two plants in half completely at the stem, just like what happened to my DFG, so they are definitely fucked, and it has also knocked a White Widow XXL on it's side and chewed up it's leaves. It has also dug the soil out of one of my auto pots, and fuck knows where the week old auto has gone. Couldn't see it anywhere. The animal must have took it. Fucking thing. :ranting:

• Like 3

@English Archer I feel for ya! I've had a rodent at plot 1, the 5 tyres with DP autos in got ravished by the little fucker! Only 1 plant seems good, another a little iffy and 2 look like they are not going to make it and one missing all together! My fault though... chucked some fresh fruit, tea bags, egg shells and cereals in the bottoms!  :wanker:

The little fucker tore down my cages the first time, which I sorted out, and then he just burrowed under the tyres!

Lesson learned! :blub:

• Like 2

@English Archer     By the rule of nature that rodent is challenging your Man-hood I'm afraid Archer.

But I'm here to help so you need to get pro-active and teach that bitch ass mouse a lesson.. you with me man?!

you wiv' MEEE!!!!?!!

ok lets fucking do this Archer!

First chance you get go to a Pound Stretcher and buy all the mouse traps they have,then straight into Tesco Express for 1 kg of it's own brand Cheddar.

You then build a "ring of fire" for the little bastards.

Lay out rings within rings of traps laced with good ol' chunks of Tescos finest cheese,whilst continually making an angry face loudly whispering through your teeth "You drew first blood not me,not me......" knowing your superior Human intelligence will destroy the soul of that plant munching little fekker.

I know this post is a little insane but sometimes posts of a humorous nature can lift the spirit and this is also random enough to actually be in the random thread itself I think. 

Seriously though Im sorry to read you lost some much loved plants,I know how much effort goes into every thing you guys do so i hope you can get back on track asap.

Take it easy mate.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 8

If I was a mouse I wouldn't eat Tesco cheese ! Lindt chocolate ,they love that. 

I killed a vole last year ,after he ringed the ends of some plants .I used poison ,barley. I put some out this year but today I checked on a few .None of them looked good to be honest but some had disappeared ,eaten and any remnants shriveled up . Each pot has a cage ,laden with slug pellets nearby and sparsely scattered in the immediate garden area. I suspect its a vole or a mouse . Steel filings at the base of the plant or a scouring pad should deter them too .

• Like 2