The Random Thread

whats_luring

So... I put 6 seeds in cotton wall pads to germ on Thursday, growth was slow for first couple of days, didn't check them yesterday (stupid me) just checked them and a couple of them are over an inch long with 2 leaves. However, I've got no compost and can't get any now until tomorrow. Basically, have I fucked it? and what would you do?

So... I put 6 seeds in cotton wall pads to germ on Thursday, growth was slow for first couple of days, didn't check them yesterday (stupid me) just checked them and a couple of them are over an inch long with 2 leaves. However, I've got no compost and can't get any now until tomorrow. Basically, have I fucked it? and what would you do?

Are they still in the cotton pads?

RS - Yes, but I've moved the top one so the leaves aren't covered. Currently on window sill, about to be moved onto a shelf in my bearded dragons vivarium. Good or bad idea? The beardie can't get them.

BP - Cheers mate, I've read many a time they're hardy little bastards but wasn't sure on the first day of there lives

Think I've just got this years record for pulling up males, germed 1st march, plantout on april full moon (3wks ago)

6.5 pekhu mix & flatlanders but on my last visit i spotted what looked like the start of male flowers on one of them so I thought I'd go and see whats occuring today.....

plants were all doing nicely but on closer inspection 4 of the little buggers were blokes into flower..weird!

its not that they've been under lamps, just daylight all the way.

needless to say I yanked em out. I wish all males would do that!

In a way I was quite impressed by their behaviour, like you say, got em out the way early.

certainly got plenty in the queue, its a biggish bed with room for 10 or so, the plan is for 2 rows of reg photos & a few autos in the front row. Down to 2.5 now but I got a nice choice of early regs for a refill in a week or 2

In a way I was quite impressed by their behaviour, like you say, got em out the way early.

certainly got plenty in the queue, its a biggish bed with room for 10 or so, the plan is for 2 rows of reg photos & a few autos in the front row. Down to 2.5 now but I got a nice choice of early regs for a refill in a week or 2

I would suspect being as they are designed for such high lats that such an early plant out was enough to trigger the males to flower set. Keep an eye on the others as they may start to flower as females but just as in life show quite significantly after the males. On the other hand the males may trigger slightly earlier than the females based on the light hours to achieve this head start so you may have just found that sweet spot...

Edited by iamafunkimunki

thats an interesting theory @@iamafunkimunki, its a shame i had strain mix up issues (the perils of night time planting!) as it was an almost even mix of flatties & pingus but I'm guessing all the ones that flowered were of the same strain but due to my goofed out ways we'll never know which?? the survivors were not showing signs of being either way but i got my fingers X'd for girls

maybe it was summat I fed em? would be great if there was a certain something that made males & only males flower way early :chef::execute:

haha @@springchicken, you could be lucky, I still had the males in my pocket this morning so popped em into one of the beds at our local 'stately home' on the way to town

• Like 3

haha @@springchicken, you could be lucky, I still had the males in my pocket this morning so popped em into one of the beds at our local 'stately home' on the way to town

beauty!