The Random Thread

whats_luring

Composer Daniel Steibelt once made a cocky move when he challenged Beethoven to a piano improvisation duel . It battered his ego  . D'oh ! Both amazing musicians in fairness. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, English Archer said:

And I am already underway with this cross behind the scenes, as an alternative to the Female Seeds version which has a number of issues IMO... i.e. poor germ rates, crap in veg, small plant overall, not great mould resistance.

Why use a strain with poor germ rates,crap veg growth,small stature and no mould resistance to speak of as a base-block for a breeding program :unsure:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

Why use a strain with poor germ rates,crap veg growth,small stature and no mould resistance to speak of as a base-block for a breeding program :unsure:

I'm not using the Female Seeds Red Purps genetics or any of their stock for this breeding project. I am crossing an Emerald Triangle Royal Purple Kush with a Sweet Seeds Red Poison auto to produce an early flowering/FV... and since it is Red Poison and Purple Kush being used - I might as well call it 'Red Purps', which will replace the need for me buying the original Red Purps next season. Obviously I didn't have a great experience with them last season. Hopefully my resulting beans will have far better germ rates and the plants will be bigger, yielding more due to the Indica dominant genetics. I just want to make it clear that I am not attempting to replicate the Female Seeds version. I'm just looking to create some seed hacks for next season and fancy making a 'Red Purps' strain.

• Like 3

Ah,right,clarified,sorry I just scanned the posts instead of reading properly as everyone seemed to be hurling insults at each other :)

• Like 4

Why not call it purple poison, or red kush instead of knicking red purps which is a pretty known strain already, ... you can call it what you like but it might get confusing ..

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

Ah,right,clarified,sorry I just scanned the posts instead of reading properly as everyone seemed to be hurling insults at each other :)

No worries mate and believe me when I say I don't want to be involved in heated exchanges on here. I apologise for any of the negative attention I am unfortunately attracting on here... :lookaround: trust me it annoys me as much as anyone else. Not that I help myself with my responses.

1 minute ago, panik said:

Why not call it purple poison, or red kush instead of knicking red purps which is a pretty known strain already, ... you can call it what you like but it might get confusing ..

Fair point, I suppose. I did think about Purple Poison, but I like the sound of that 'Red Kush' you have suggested there... To be honest, none of the name's for any of my hacks are set in stone yet. I just want to create some crosses and thought 'why not make my own version of 'Red Purps'. I might change that to Red Kush now tbh :) 

• Like 4

Red purps I'll agree shit germ rates but seen a few peeps saying g it's good against the mould also good smoke

• Like 5

1 hour ago, panik said:

yea ive changed my real gorrilla kush to real kush i thought the name up before i knew about your company but its to close a match that itll create  uneccerary confusion ,,well only in my head at the moment but just in case lol 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, harvestreaper said:

yea ive changed my real gorrilla kush to real kush i thought the name up before i knew about your company but its to close a match that itll create  uneccerary confusion ,,well only in my head at the moment but just in case lol 

:yep: 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

Red purps I'll agree shit germ rates but seen a few peeps saying g it's good against the mould also good smoke

Ooh no I just have some soaking, aah well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Irishgirl said:

Ooh no I just have some soaking, aah well.

I had 11 out of 20 germ, but there cheap enough I recon

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Exile420 said:

bought 4 due to hearing good reviews as you said regarding mold and 4 of 4 popped and look lovely it took them 4 days but they got there eventually:)

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, The Mole 4200 said:

bought 4 due to hearing good reviews as you said regarding mold and 4 of 4 popped and look lovely it took them 4 days but they got there eventually:)

Aah da best of luck with them. I have 4 soaking since wed eve. How long did u let ur's soak 4 & did u put in wet paper towel after soak? What is ur method? Best of luck with them Mole :yep:

2 hours ago, Irishgirl said:

Aah da best of luck with them. I have 4 soaking since wed eve. How long did u let ur's soak 4 & did u put in wet paper towel after soak? What is ur method? Best of luck with them Mole :yep:

Till they sink... Are they still floating? If they are give them a prod..to see if they sink... . They should be OK for the towel by now... I usually do 24hrs

• Like 2