The Random Thread

whats_luring

We call it 'narnia' but all my spots have names... lol 

Narnia is vast but we left it out of our options due to activity. I spotted a hipster in there once, at 7am! Can you imagine the horror of spotting a bearded gentleman, in the middle of a vast plot at that time of day. No way we would grow there..

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 7

48 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

We call it 'narnia' but all my spots have names... lol 

Narnia is vast but we left it out of our options due to activity. I spotted a hipster in there once, at 7am! Can you imagine the horror of spotting a bearded gentleman, in the middle of a vast plot at that time of day. No way we would grow there..

He was probably growing there lol 

• Like 3

funnily enough i know of a few area's where police do train there dog's and there's none of those sign's around on any of the gate's? thats not to say different areas/police force in your area would'nt take a different approach though? If those are'nt real sign's, my guess is some1 is already occupying the area with the same idea as yourself?

My guess is the signs are genuine,reason?Some growers take KEEP OUT signage as "Please come right on in and make yourself at home" so it would have to be a newbie or pretty dumb grower to try and double bluff with such a sign and then he would find it had backfired on him,i know where theres a police dog trial ground and its sign posted a bit like that,but there again....................am i trying to double-bluff :ninja:

• Like 4

Not one of my gates @Slippy One  but it's amazing how many people are actually trotting around in the undergrowth for all sorts of reasons and at different odd times. 

This is why it's so hard to do GG. Finding a spot that nobody goes to EVER is hard. 

• Like 4

The trick is to grow right under their noses. :ninja:

...Or just hedge your bets with multiple numbers and clever :badass:tactics. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Loam Gnome said:

I used to live on the Lea between Springfield Park and Walthamstow marsh. Deffo hipster territory :D

I know Loam , we hung out that summer, I had a blast.... there were times when I nearly come over to introduce myself.  :pitchfork:

6 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

My guess is the signs are genuine,reason?Some growers take KEEP OUT signage as "Please come right on in and make yourself at home" so it would have to be a newbie or pretty dumb grower to try and double bluff with such a sign and then he would find it had backfired on him,i know where theres a police dog trial ground and its sign posted a bit like that,but there again....................am i trying to double-bluff :ninja:

I was suprised to learn, That a area id scouted was actually a police dog training ground. Had amazing potential aswell :wallbash:

Edited by MeMyselfAndIGuerilla
  • Like 1

My season is already running into a few hitches. First of all, I met up with a member on here (who grows indoors)... he seemed alright, shared a few spliffs with him, spoke about doing a grow, he explained how he wanted to do his first outdoor grow. He just wanted to do 4-5 plants, all early finishing varieties. I ended up taking him to one of my smaller plots, showed him around and got to work preparing for the season ahead. We did two separate supply drops and set a side an entire afternoon/evening to do about 3 hours of digging and another 3 hours of actual prep work together getting the plot ready for his and my strains. We proper put in a shift, together, and he seemed well onboard with it all. He had a nice little area made up at the edge of my plot for his own plants.

And then out of the blue, I get a one sentence message off him saying he is giving up the herb for a bit and can't grow this year! No sorry or anything, and no proper explanation. I tried asking why he was giving it up and attempted to get a bit of background info out of him, but I haven't even had a reply back since then! It says he was last active on UK420 2 weeks ago now. I don't have a clue what is going on with him. Certainly seems a bit suspicious. 

I am not saying he has double crossed me or anything, but it has left me in an awkward position. I am probably going to abandon that plot, just in case. After all that hard fucking work. His own time & money as well which went into that plot, as well as my own. I just don't get some people. Perhaps his indoor set up got busted or something. I don't know. But it's a bit of a weird one. If his 3 plant indoor setup got busted, it would surely give him more reason to do a guerrilla grow? :g: And now I am behind on my prep work for this season, seeing as I have to move things to another back up plot. I have foot high plants ready to go in the ground but can't get them out until I finish filling the new holes this coming weekend... thanks a lot btw if you happen to log in and read this 'mate'... :ranting:

Edited by English Archer
  • Like 4

Maybe he's had a chance to think things over and after your little outings has thought fuck all this graft, guerrilla growing isn't an easy task and definitely not for the faint hearted mate , but I think you might be reading into it too much  at least you found out now he's not game then when it was all ready for harvest, or you brain would of been dong double over time thinking your crop might go walkies cos his phones off and he ain't logged in , not saying he would like but he might have a valid reason for jacking in  ,...  sounds like he ain't up for it to me , or he's thought about going solo one of the 2 ...

• Like 5

Yeah Archer, could be a number of reasons (the police, her indoors) but you're doing the right thing leaving it fellow this year. Plant some tomatoes there and make a bolognaise in November. :D

• Like 4

Ive had 2 mates do the same. Its all "yeah im on this with you next year mate deffo" whilst were trimming trees but then when its time to do the leg work there busy .

To us its a laugh, something we enjoy.....my mates would rather go gym.

They know they can pull a good crop from helping trim so why do all this graft for a slightly bigger piece .

Hi Guys, @English Archer, mmmh, I'm sure it's a worry & annoying as ur left being indecisive,  will I,  won't I. Just put a few in, no as many, keep an eye on it also especially near harvest. This GG is always a gamble.

I feel I am behind with things, even have seeds to germinate when they arrive. Now I ask have I started to late :wallbash:.

I managed to start digging the holes at a 1 plot. I did about 8 until I had a big blister on da palm of my hand. Hopefully get more done over the weekend.

Two questions, y do some GG'S use tiers around plants?

Roughly how many plants on average would a GG put out taken into account of looses from animals,  weather & other things that r thrown at ur GG'S.  TIA.