The Random Thread

whats_luring

19 minutes ago, crticalcontent said:

Good stuff @panik looking forward to running some RGSC gear this season. Sweeet!

Nice on mate get your orders in. :yep: 

• Like 2

From people's experience when germinating seeds, do you find that autoflowering genetics have a lower germ success rate than photoperiods, or is it just me?

All of my photoperiods that I started off last week germinated absolutely fine, but half of my autos (3 out of 6) are not germinating properly. As I said in a comment above, the Pineapple Express  auto is still refusing to germinate, despite a further 36 hours on top of a heat mat, the same with one of my Blow Minds. And the WW XXL is showing a black taproot for some reason and the seed is opening right up. It just doesn't look right. Fucksake. 

Iv found that some seeds can get so bloody hard they literally need a pinch and a crack between the fingers iv had it before when iv put beans in damp tissue for over 3-4 days ill get them out an they have gone almost black , you would think they would of been  mush but you still couldn't pinch and crack the tough little buggers, some are tough then others its just how the cookie crumbles, or how the breeders cooked them I suppose ....

eta I would normally 90% of the time have beans popped in wet tissue in under 36hrs..

Edited by panik
  • Like 2

@panik I have pinched the Pineapple Express and Blow Mind beans... when I do so, I can see the little white taproot inside as the sides open up slightly. Fingers crossed this might work. Not sure about the WW XXL, it's germinated but produced a black taproot and the seed doesn't really look right. I'm going to pot it up anyway...

• Like 1

@English Archer Last year I had a few seeds that wouldn't germinate and as a last resort I gave them a very gentle rub on some sandpaper. The first one I rubbed just disappeared under my fingertips, ya bugger pressed a bit hard lol so I was a bit gentler and it worked on em, this one got a bit of it's shell chipped off in the process but still germinated fine it's tap root come out the hole gallery_71181_12747_294919.jpg

Another sandpaper technique is to line a match box with sandpaper and put the seeds in and give it a good shake this'll rough em up but without enough force to crush them. Another thing to note is I let the seeds dry out again before I did this but I don't know whether or not this made a difference I don't know. Good luck dude don't write them off just yet ;) 

• Like 4

Hmmm.... should I go out? shouldn't I go out, it is a friday but I can't really afford it. Lets grab a few beers and head down my plot to dig some horse manure into the soil it's a pleasant evening not too windy smoke some reefa after, jobs a good'un....

.... is this what my weekends are coming too!! :skin_up:

• Like 9

7 hours ago, panik said:

Just to let you all know joolz has kindly agreed to me having a sub forum for RGSC , so hopefully have that going as soon as and we can talk openly about seeds and strains etc...  :thumsup:

Finally!!!! Been waiting for this for ages. Some actual tested seeds for GG. Making my order as we speak!

btw, your store sort of doesn't work on firefox, had to use chrome to see the products.

Edited by zorg
  • Like 1

Guys I'm hearing a lot of people saying the sites not working on fire fox I think were having trouble with that but works on chrome and every other browser so bare that in mind till I can get that sorted ..

Thanks..

• Like 3

just grabbed me some gg3 whitey freeze and greengold before everyone else snaps the fuckers up lol 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, panik said:

Just to let you all know joolz has kindly agreed to me having a sub forum for RGSC , so hopefully have that going as soon as and we can talk openly about seeds and strains etc...  :thumsup:

This is exciting! Look forward to seeing peoples grow from this year and will have to grab myself a pack for next year :hippy:

• Like 1