The Random Thread

whats_luring

1 hour ago, Key4 said:

Im just a noob that got lucky. Well see what happens this year.

Have you got your strain choices sorted?

46 to go :yep:

You make your own luck mate!

After careful consideration I've gone with red purps, green poison fv, killer kush fv and serious 6, along with dinafems blue widow and critical jack auto. Might get a few more autos yet to see me through to September / October

• Like 1

Just bought a spade, gloves and small pots. Going to go looking for the plots tomorrow, I know where abouts I'm going to do them, just choosing the spots lol. I'm going to do cream caramel fv, killer Kush fv and blue amnesia xxl auto from dinafem I think.

• Like 3

When you guys come to making the cages do you take the roll of chicken wire and make the cages at the plot? Better than transporting them already made wouldn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indicatoker420 said:

When you guys come to making the cages do you take the roll of chicken wire and make the cages at the plot? Better than transporting them already made wouldn't it?

I think you answered your own question there mate :rofl:

Some of my mesh cages are 5 ft high in Red Deer zones... so fuck carrying a bunch of them in. Even the small cages would be a piss-take. Just buy a roll of mesh and carry the role in which should be a piece of piss. Cut the wire and construct the cages at the plot, using sharpened tree branches to stake the cages up. I usually cut some small branches off nearby trees using the same wire cutters that I use to cut the mesh. 

Question - I am thinking of planting a few autos into un-prepped, native soil which is still quite good and loamy... obviously I know that doing so will affect yield by not properly prepping the soil with compost/nutes/manure etc, but would using native soil also affect THC coverage, potency, bud production etc? Or is it just yield that is affected?

I plan to feed the plant(s) at 3 weeks, 5 weeks and 7 weeks before flushing for the last few weeks. Can I still expect the same potency compared to a well amended soil, or is potency still affected as well as yield? 

Thanks

28 minutes ago, SlimPikins said:

Make at home and squash flat me :)

Less time at plots the better :yes:

im the same.. i did it at the plot once.. (at night) what a fucking mission.. just to make some cages...  you wouldnt think it would be so time consuming.. but it is..

obviously its not so bad in the day... and if its a nice day and you dont mind chilling at the plot for some time then why not....

but those chicken cages are a pain in the arse.. unless your only doing a few plants.... but plastic mesh tree guards you see along the motor way are great to work with.. i would 100 percent recomend finding them online..

cut streight down to size with a stanley.. zzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiip tie to a steak.. budda bing budda boom..

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 5

using netting for what ? instead of cages ? @Flintstone

when it comes to rabbit protection i wouldnt skimp out.. they are crafty fuckers.. 

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

What about netting folks? Any good? Rabbits are my biggest enemies?

Tried netting before and I had animals chew through it (probably rabbits) and they ate a couple of plants, although that was only like 3 plants out of about 20. The netting kept the majority of them safe, just don't expect it to be bombproof. You'll probably lose a few, and if you're really unlucky you might lose quite a lot.

Can't say I have ever had a rabbit or deer chew through a piece of steel wire mesh though... I would stick to using that...

you will find animals like to dig under your cages as well..  i think the worst i had by this happening was a leaning plant which i sorted out... but if your not doing numbers.. and you have lumps of clay or rock around the plot... its always worth sticking some around the bottom of your cages

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 2

I will try put a video up in a few months how we cut or cages , if you want to cut a lot quick than this is the way to go,..:naughty::yep:

• Like 7

lol ive seen your technique if its still the same... i cant see how you could have improved it.. unless you made a machine... which wouldnt suprise me lool... but yeah.. i wont say anything.. i leave it for the vid

• Like 4

I'm just going to bump this question again as I really want some answers from the more experienced guys on this...

Question - I am thinking of planting a few autos into un-prepped, native soil which is still quite good and loamy... obviously I know that doing so will affect yield by not properly prepping the soil with compost/nutes/manure etc, but would using native soil also affect THC coverage, potency, bud production etc? Or is it just yield that is affected?

I plan to feed the plant(s) at 3 weeks, 5 weeks and 7 weeks before flushing for the last few weeks. Can I still expect the same potency compared to a well amended soil, or is potency still affected as well as yield when using native soil? 

Thanks

1 minute ago, SlimPikins said:

Why you flushing? You using chem? 

Just said this somewhere but here it is again..

Don't flush out what you don't put in :yep:

I should rephrase that, I just mean I will stop using ferts/nutrients in week 7 and let the plants go on their own for the last few weeks with nothing but rainwater. I don't plan on doing a 'flush' so to speak, as that doesn't really make sense in my case, and I don't even know why I said that, it was just poor wording by me. Also, I won't use chemicals as I will feed organically. 

Can you answer my question though man? Like does using native soil impact THC and potency like it might with yield?

• Like 1