The Random Thread

whats_luring

@Key4 To be honest mate, I am just thinking of whacking a few autos in a tomato grow bag with minimal prep work since I'm not expecting that much anyway. I have seen some 3-4 ft autos in grow bags, I think from a New Zealand grower, so it definitely works. Not that I would recommend doing it. I think autos need more depth for roots, but I'm just after a bit of smoke to tie me over until the main auto harvest comes in around late July / early August and I can't be bothered to dig any more holes or lump more compost to plots.

Looks like I have another experiment in the works for this year haha. 

You was almost right @English Archer i did the normal auto mazar and they grow into some well nice plants, i only did two in the end because the third got drowned because of lots of rain but they where probably the nicest tasting plants I grew last year they had a proper earthy lemony taste to them and had some nice dense buds on them with no popcorn buds but this is because I trained em for maximum light exposure, they grow big for autos aswell nice and tall.

I'd grow them again that's for sure :)

• Like 2

@Mohamedbear Oh right fair enough. I know somebody on here did a Blue Mazar, I remember seeing it, fuck knows who that was then...:rofl:

Good luck for this season btw. Are you entering the Dinafem outdoor competition this year? And have you got any surprises or interesting strain picks up your sleeves for this year mate?

• Like 1

Yeah man I've picked some white widow xxl and og kush, did you do the og last year mate? 

And I've got a few other strains that I'm excited to run but I can't remember them all at the moment but there's some wild super 07 X royal dane, auto diesel haze X royal dane, guerilla gold #3, auto durban and some others but I can't remember at the moment but I'm really looking forward to growing some autos this year, nice bit of mid summer smoke and I'm really looking forward to growing the hfh stuff aswell because from what I've seen look pretty decent and early aswell.

But yeah I'll be germinating the og kush on 4/20 because it only seems right and the white widow xxls around the end of June or sometime round then because I want to maximise growth it'd be a shame not too especially for a competition :yes: i want to do em proud. 

Are you doing the competition aswell, what you doing? I kinda wish id picked jack 47 though I remember yours looking wicked last year, and finished.

Edited by Mohamedbear
  • Like 1

@Mohamedbear I have already got my Dinafem diary up and running mate. I also have a Critical+ 2.0 in it which is about 4 weeks old now and I will have some more photoperiods that are just poking their heads up above soil, and will be shown in the coming days. I'll look out for your diary when you set it up in the coming days/weeks. I am determined to dethrone Beezee this year haha. I think a few of us are... but I think he's going to pull off a good one again so it's going to be real tight and real epic in the diary comp section a few months time...

I think quite a few of us our doing the Jack 47 FV's as well this year. I'm only putting one out though, possibly 2, as I only really like to do one plant of each strain. I know the normal Jack 47 (not FV) tested at 23% THC during Spannabis recently so you might want to pick up at least one Jack 47 FV. I reckon the fast version of it around 20% THC. It was just as strong as the OG Kush I ran last year, IMO, and Dinafem claim the OG Kush is 24% THC... in fact I preferred the J47 high as it was cleaner and more energetic. Comparable to Super Silver you get in Amsterdam...

Also, I did do the OG Kush last year mate, however mine didn't finish until early November so keep an eye on yours. I think some other people had their OG Kush finish around mid October, but I think both of the others had there's inside a greenhouse and I'm pretty sure temperatures play a part in how fast buds matures and ultimately finishes, with cooler temps slowing down any growth in general. Either way, the OG Kush arguably has the best mould resistance of any plant I have ran, given that it went until early November and only had like 1% mould... solid 9/10, maybe even 10/10 on potency too.

gallery_99632_13489_286759.jpeg

• Like 5

Lovely weather here today at lat 53 and it felt great to be back out at my plot tidying up from last year and putting some new compost down - went with some Alpha-Mix organic soil on the recommendation of my local hydro shop. I've learnt plenty of lessons since last year and I'm putting them very out in the open this time for lots and lots of direct sunlight, but I'm pretty confident no-one goes down there so they shouldn't get discovered. Planning to veg everything for a bit in my garden first, will start in about a month.

As for strains I think I'm going with Biddy Early and some Chaos Kush (some Elemental promo seeds I have knocking about) for photoperiods, then a couple of cheeky AutoMazars for some insurance.

• Like 5

What the f is it though? @SlimPikins I've seen it on the shelves in the GC and heard it mentioned here but never paid it much attention. sureley the stufff already located in the countryside is just as good if not better if you know where to mine it. 

• Like 3

Morning fella's,

Been lurking here for a while now picking up some tips and methods so thought I'd register as I'm keen to enter the dinafem outdoor grow comp. May do a main diary in the outdoor section as well but need to get my post numbers up to do this so you might see some bullshit comments for a few weeks until I have enough posts under my belt!

Got my seeds and a few plots with great potential so as long as I have something to smoke come winter I'll be happy.

Out prepping today so will have some pics up soon, looks bloody beautiful out there!

Best of luck for the season everyone, hope we all smash it. 

Sam

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Sam_crow said:

Best of luck for the season everyone, hope we all smash it. 

Sam

Amen to that brother, best of luck sam.. :yep:

• Like 4

Thanks @panik. If I can get buds half as decent as yours that I've seen on here I'll be a happy man!

It's my first season outdoors so I expect a bit of trial and error before I get any decent results, if there's one thing I've learnt on here it's that this guerilla lark ain't easy and you need to put some real effort in to get a decent return. But I fucking loves a challenge, even if it takes a few years to get there! 

• Like 5

Thanks mate,

I'm sure you will do just fine mate just try not to over complicate things and keep it simple , its all about location ,genetics, and effort, but I'm sure you will do just fine and have some nice buddage in by September , its a learning curve every season mate as weather and strains etc differ from year to year but enjoy your first season mate and be lucky.. 

• Like 8

Cheers @Key4. Guys like you and @panik provide the inspiration for me (and many others I expect) to go out and get our hands dirty. Hopefully I can reach your levels some day!

• Like 3

Im just a noob that got lucky. Well see what happens this year.

Have you got your strain choices sorted?

46 to go :yep: