The Random Thread

whats_luring

4 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

I got half Oz and a 32 team plant, they do get a fairly good size for an auto, 2ft space should be fine.

I'm doing some white widow x blue mazar auto this year :)

Should give the blue mazar a go too there just as good 

got some white widow x blue mazar myself - along with afghan kush ryder x blue mazar and cheeseberry x blue mazar. looking forward to seeing the end produce

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MeMyselfAndIGuerilla said:

got some white widow x blue mazar myself - along with afghan kush ryder x blue mazar and cheeseberry x blue mazar. looking forward to seeing the end produce

I got the Afghan x blue mazar too, guess you over the road aswell :)

What's yah name here dude?

• Like 1

@Key4 I did dp auto mazar last year and carpathian seeds the year before, they were pretty much the same except dp charge double. I've only done autos in the greenhouse tho, should be good at a plot I'd have thought. Very nice smoke from the mazar.

• Like 2

I have just come across layering...Has anyone tried it? I think it's mainly for creating clones... But could be a fun experiment to see if it would increase yields. Especially trench and serpentine layering.....I would give it a go if had a plant if I garden plot like @912GreenSkell... Might give mound layering a try (see how things pan out with soil)  ..... After all more roots more fruits! large.layering-plants-different-methods.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MacGanja said:

I have just come across layering...Has anyone tried it? I think it's mainly for creating clones... But could be a fun experiment to see if it would increase yields. Especially trench and serpentine layering.....I would give it a go if had a plant if I garden plot like @912GreenSkell... Might give mound layering a try (see how things pan out with soil)  ..... After all more roots more fruits! large.layering-plants-different-methods.jpeg

Ive used tip and simple layering on Black Raspberry plants before, and i have used air layering on blueberry plants before to increase plant numbers. Never thought about it on canna though!! I think tip layering would end up with rotted tips on canna plants. Honestly i have no idea how this would work.

My biggest concern with mound layering would be with potential pythium(root/stalk rot) if you got a wet season early on. Personally i would just dig more ground for an expansive root base.

Edited by 912GreenSkell

Mine were a couple of freebies that I did in 10 litres of compo in my fairly sunny old back garden. They took about 3 months I think, I remember harvesting them in mid August so I must have popped them in may. nice n dense with good mould resistance but fairly small plants, 18" approx. With some good auto skills & big holes they might do a lot better. Somebody did some beauties last year in the diary section. @SlimPikins I think???

• Like 1

I know @Mohamedbear did some blue auto Mazars last year I think which turned out to be beauties. Not sure if he did regular Mazar autos though....?

• Like 1

I always wondered what made this particular noise... I literally hear it every morning and every evening and especially on every plot visit. I was totally under the impression that it was a bird making this noise, like a crow or maybe even a deer. I never would have assumed it was a fox. But now I know. 

• Like 3

@macganja - i should note that many years the way I train the branches can often have very solid contact with the ground(basically simple layering as shown above), and i have never seen roots form at the branch where its contacting the soil.

Simple layering was my primary method for spreading my black raspberry patch. When my wife and i moved into our house there was 3 scraggly black raspberry canes. In the last decade i have made the patch 10 meters and 15 meters and pull huge amounts of berryies in july(about 8 liters daily for 2 weeks).

Edited by 912GreenSkell

Mmmmm, looking forward to more black raspberries this year, mines confined to a bucket unfortunately. Wish I could let it spread itself about.

Some last minute late additions to my second round of bean popping, 3 x red purps, cheers toasty you're a star. can't seem to log on over the road to say thanks. just waiting for my mate to drop me some compost on his way to the pub!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, inaction man said:

Mmmmm, looking forward to more black raspberries this year, mines confined to a bucket unfortunately. Wish I could let it spread itself about.

Some last minute late additions to my second round of bean popping, 3 x red purps, cheers toasty you're a star. can't seem to log on over the road to say thanks. just waiting for my mate to drop me some compost on his way to the pub!

Keep it in a bucket ,it could take over .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Keep it in a bucket ,it could take over .

In my dreams! I should do some cuts & get em down my plots ASAP!

Q4? do you mean that stuff in the garden centre? you need a bottle of anti anti ant to fix yer plants. @SlimPikins

So it was you that did the real sexy mazar ladies? Wish I could do autos like that. I been re-evaluating my auto tactics so hopefully gonna get a good amount of summer bud this year. I only got more mazars as they were 2 for 1 a few months back and I saw some stunners in the diary section/random thread.  .

• Like 2

Hmmm, the weather ahead is looking very good. I'm thinking of getting some autos out already. Obviously I know they won't get very big, but it will mean I can get in some early summer smoke by late June, ideally. I think it's worth a shout, seeing as the auto beans being used are surplus that I wouldn't otherwise be using this year. 

Fuck it, I'm doing it. I'll get them out for the first week of April. 

In fact just to edit this - the autoflowers going out early are freebies that I wasn't planning on using...

Edited by English Archer
  • Like 3