The Random Thread

whats_luring

On 2/28/2017 at 7:57 PM, MacGanja said:

! Don't know what it is about collecting seeds...  It's like collecting stickers...  

haha, thats exactly how i am...i see my seed collection as no different to my panini 1993 football sticker collection...."got got need, need got got got" used to drive my mum mental...now its my housemate....my favourite part of of collecting was ripping the top off the sticker pack and smelling that glue paper mix...now its a jar of green...im glad ive gone up in the world lol 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, gravy_14 said:

haha, thats exactly how i am...i see my seed collection as no different to my panini 1993 football sticker collection...."got got need, need got got got" used to drive my mum mental...now its my housemate....my favourite part of of collecting was ripping the top off the sticker pack and smelling that glue paper mix...now its a jar of green...im glad ive gone up in the world lol 

this-is-my-3jtbcr.jpg&f=1

another pack of seeds has made it to my collection... cucamelon for the garden... ive tried getting these before.. and this was the last pack! if anyone has any tips on them as ive not grown them...  the pick n mix will be my last pack i order

large.seeds.JPG

• Like 8

@RandyBoBandy Nice mate. I got my myself some mr fothergill's roma plum tomatos from the local garden centre....thinking of putting some out at plot as i dont have a garden, got a balcony but not optimum 

are you cracking some mangos? i found a new plot today, on a south facing bank amongst young and old trees. Banks are good right?  theres an area where i can fit about 6-9 plants with good open area above. Seems very quiet...got a good feeling about it. Lovely soft soil, just opened up 

Things are progressin well, wanna blow me beans now! ;)

Edited by gravy_14
  • Like 2

@RandyBoBandy they're nice the cucamelon's stick 2 or 3 in a nice big pot and give them something to climb up. Really easy to look after and they'll get quite big with plenty of fruit. Keep the root over winter in dry compost ready for the following season too ;)

• Like 3

nice one.. ive always fancied growing some toms.. 

im sure ive read people having great results on banks.... fox  grew some big plants on the banks.. but he also got ripped.. i think it was the guys who go along cleaning the river ? cant remeber.. but id give it a shot for sure.. if you have a good feeling then go for it! nothing like a good feeling about a plot!

the mango in the tin are regs.. once ive sorted the fem plots i might crack some regs... i was thinking about getting a fem in my next pick n mix order.... i was gonna get a mango.. passion fruit and blackberry og.. blackberry og gives off bugger all smell so they are good in the garden, so im gonna grab 2 of them and a passion fruit..

congrats on the plot!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beezee said:

@RandyBoBandy they're nice the cucamelon's stick 2 or 3 in a nice big pot and give them something to climb up. Really easy to look after and they'll get quite big with plenty of fruit. Keep the root over winter in dry compost ready for the following season too ;)

cheers bee... yeah i watched a quick vid on youtube.. the guy lets his climb and also he lets them just droop down the sides of his pot.. he also said the same as you about cutting them back for the winter.. did yours have a taste of lemon or lime too ?

ill do as you say and stick a few in a pot

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, RandyBoBandy said:

nice one.. ive always fancied growing some toms.. 

im sure ive read people having great results on banks.... fox  grew some big plants on the banks.. but he also got ripped.. i think it was the guys who go along cleaning the river ? cant remeber.. but id give it a shot for sure.. if you have a good feeling then go for it! nothing like a good feeling about a plot!

the mango in the tin are regs.. once ive sorted the fem plots i might crack some regs... i was thinking about getting a fem in my next pick n mix order.... i was gonna get a mango.. passion fruit and blackberry og.. blackberry og gives off bugger all smell so they are good in the garden, so im gonna grab 2 of them and a passion fruit..

congrats on the plot!

vaguely remember reading a thread where they had either been strimmed down or stolen - pretty sure they were strimmed down though.

Edited by MeMyselfAndIGuerilla
  • Like 2

@RandyBoBandy nice one mate. chuffed like 

the guy in the garden centre recommended the romas so i thought id give them a shot, got some chilis too cayenne f1's..again might slap them at a plot. Na mate, its a just a bank, not a river bank lol. it banks a farmers field. theres a farmers vehicle tracks behind the bank but you wont see the plants from his makeshift road, on that basis i thought it worth a shot. The farmer doesnt seem to have a good handle on things, crap everywhere...i was thinking of some mangos here as it goes. IF they germ...i hear the regs have terrible germ rates dude...knowing you though you'll ace them ;) ill have to figure out what to put there.....think i'll spread the harvests here liek my main fem spot- early, mid, late.

Edited by gravy_14
  • Like 2

i have some tobasco left from a couple of seasons back... one of the mildest chillies! i thought because tobasco sauce is mild as fook the chillies would be too.... i pulled one off that was still pretty grean on its way to orange... pure fire..  bottle of milk and half a tub of ice cream... great for cooking tho..  ah right i get ya.. well any plot you get that good feeling inside is worth planting imo.. sometimes you um and ahh about a plot... but when its a good feeling then its all systems go lol..

ive popped a couple of fem packs and a couple of reg seeds and had 100 percent... im sure people used to say the fems had shite rates too... but all has been good for me

• Like 2

@RandyBoBandy good to hear, i like it hot! totally addicted to spicy food lol have chili tonight :) Thats it mate. good feeling = systems go and i really am buzzing this year. got so many good lookign strains to grow from.....cant grow em all though...tough to choose

good new re mango. lets see hey...t

• Like 2

@RandyBoBandy you can't stop them cucamelons mate, they climbed all over my toms, chillies and even a cream mandarin auto I had in the same greenhouse ha ha

@gravy_14 I hate to say it mate but I think you got done with those Roma toms, they're not easy to grow in this country even in a gh. If you want some for a plot try garden pearl, their a proper outdoor type, small and really sweet. I think I've got a few seeds in the fridge.

• Like 5

withnailed..bollocksy posting pictures bollox bollox, was trying to post harvested worm castings..have to try on laptop..

Edited by Asher Gong
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, beezee said:

@RandyBoBandy you can't stop them cucamelons mate, they climbed all over my toms, chillies and even a cream mandarin auto I had in the same greenhouse ha ha

@gravy_14 I hate to say it mate but I think you got done with those Roma toms, they're not easy to grow in this country even in a gh. If you want some for a plot try garden pearl, their a proper outdoor type, small and really sweet. I think I've got a few seeds in the fridge.

ah man...thats the last time i trust a garden centre dude...they always are suspiciously vacant lol thanks for the tip man ill see if i can find...

• Like 2