The Random Thread

whats_luring

@plazid ay you know mate and busy smoking last years stash, it'll be good to get back out in the bushes it'll soon pick up in here when we do.

all the best people i'm excited for this year, i've got a feeling that it's gonna be a good one especially with plants that everyone grew last year. I mean just look in the guerilla growers plant of the year thread there's some stonkers in there! plenty of fat buds to be had this year! 

• Like 5

ive just found cool little tit bit . im gunna do this while im prepping leaveing the wholes to cook for few weeks . hope this works looks like a money saver to me . just useing the oats . ive tryed small amount in a bag cheap shitty compost and it still webed upp nicely

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rusty trichomes said:

ive just found cool little tit bit . im gunna do this while im prepping leaveing the wholes to cook for few weeks . hope this works looks like a money saver to me . just useing the oats . ive tryed small amount in a bag cheap shitty compost and it still webed upp nicely

Hey @rusty trichomes I think @Loam Gnome had trouble with mice burrowing under his plants when he used oats before. They'll probably break down if you do leave them to cook for a while before plant out. 

Best of luck rusty, I was thinking of doing this myself :v:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rusty trichomes said:

Beware of mice when using oats. Gnomeski lost loads one year trying something similar. 

Sorry @nordle guy missed yours mate :D

Edited by Eelhelmet
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

Rodenticide.

I could do with some of that as one of my plots is literally 'Rat City'. Everywhere you walk there are rodents moving around in the undergrowth or running around near your feet. Last season while I was tending to a plant, I even had a rat or large mouse run up my leg and go on my back before it leapt off. Fucking vile things. 

7 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

Poison them,its the rodent equivalent of slug pellets.

Putting down poison wouldn't even scratch the surface in this case. They are absolutely everywhere, infesting an area of scrubland that is maybe the size of 50 football pitches. It must be perfect habitat for them because of all the wild berries, and it's most probably one of the most dense rodent populations in the country. On an average trip to the plot, I will see anywhere from 5 - 100 rodents, depending on the time of year. Autumn is by far the worst time for rodent numbers at this plot with it peaking in September/October when I see hundreds of them climbing in the trees and bushes. Whereas during early spring, I may only see 1 or 2 and they're always on the ground.