The Random Thread

whats_luring

My hands are so sore I've got thorns and scratches all over them but that's a couple of new beds of brambles flattened at my plot now I've just gotta dig them over and add some nutrients ready for this season's plants.

So far Ive got an auto bed, a new photo bed where dp's blueberry and calafornia orange is going as it's full sun and they'll need it and then my original plot and more to check out. 

Well that's the ball officially rolling for me i hope everyone else has got a plan forming. All the best guys, cheers 

• Like 12

i also popped out with the dogs today went to my old plot to check up on things found a couple new places that need cutting back and digging over,(lost a couple of plots due to them being found last season) winter has gone quick for me this year and still have my supply from last season feels good missed growing in the great outdoors : )

quick question how many people have tryd growing autos say around now indoors amd then putting out end of march april when there in flower? i think its about the same temp as then in late october maybe end of september.....

• Like 1

Fuck it, I'm thinking of germinating something in the coming days. Maybe 1-2 of my surplus seeds. I'll bung it outside a week from now into native soil, in a sheltered spot, with a cloche covering it and I'll check on it every 2 weeks. I can easily dig it up and transplant it again in a few months, which I done with several plants last year. 

I put a bagseed out last February and it survived and grew, until it got munched by an animal in late April. I'll get a diary journal up and going lol. "Winter plant out". People will call me an idiot, but I reckon there will be a 50:50 chance of me taking it to harvest (if it doesn't get munched by animals again)... I mean the one that went outside in February last year got to about 2-3 foot high by mid April, until it fell prey to bambi. The little white-arsed prick. 

I'll pick up some party cups and potting soil tomorrow. Germ the seeds sometime this week...

Edited by English Archer

17 hours ago, plazid said:

i also popped out with the dogs today went to my old plot to check up on things found a couple new places that need cutting back and digging over,(lost a couple of plots due to them being found last season) winter has gone quick for me this year and still have my supply from last season feels good missed growing in the great outdoors : )

quick question how many people have tryd growing autos say around now indoors amd then putting out end of march april when there in flower? i think its about the same temp as then in late october maybe end of september.....

Problem is the ground is a lot colder, they won't like it much. A raised bed or hotbed might help:)

I too am an eager impatient GGer archie, Feburary in a day or 2....Game on I say, got stacks o hacks to fuck about with.

I saw my Shii-take logs popping some mushies out this morning.... Its a sign!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, English Archer said:

Fuck it, I'm thinking of germinating something in the coming days. Maybe 1-2 of my surplus seeds. I'll bung it outside a week from now into native soil, in a sheltered spot, with a cloche covering it and I'll check on it every 2 weeks. I can easily dig it up and transplant it again in a few months, which I done with several plants last year. 

I put a bagseed out last February and it survived and grew, until it got munched by an animal in late April. I'll get a diary journal up and going lol. "Winter plant out". People will call me an idiot, but I reckon there will be a 50:50 chance of me taking it to harvest (if it doesn't get munched by animals again)... I mean the one that went outside in February last year got to about 2-3 foot high by mid April, until it fell prey to bambi. The little white-arsed prick. 

I'll pick up some party cups and potting soil tomorrow. Germ the seeds sometime this week...

1 hour ago, inaction man said:

Problem is the ground is a lot colder, they won't like it much. A raised bed or hotbed might help:)

I too am an eager impatient GGer archie, Feburary in a day or 2....Game on I say, got stacks o hacks to fuck about with.

Id say depending on what you put out, photo wise they would go into flower quicker than expected.. due to the lack of day light hour's & then revert back into veg depending how far into flower they get before the day light hour's get longer etc.

Edited by MeMyselfAndIGuerilla

Some will flower, most won't. I've only had that problem once with the new fangled Royal Danes I did last season, a couple of GG ural also did after a Feb germ in my polytunnel but never seen it in any other strains. I think most like to reach a level of maturity before blooming. All my Feb germed hacks behaved impeccably last season.

Edited by inaction man

10 minutes ago, MeMyselfAndIGuerilla said:

Id say depending on what you put out, photo wise they would go into flower quicker than expected.. due to the lack of day light hour's & then revert back into veg depending how far into flower they get before the day light hour's get longer etc.

Yeah, this is something I was thinking too... although the plant I put out in February last year didn't go into flower. It kept vegging the whole time and although slow to get going initially, growth was pretty good by March/April. I think as long as the daylight hours are progressively increasing, it will produce a certain chemical reaction to keep the plant in veg. Once the light hours begin to progressively decrease, it triggers a reaction within the plant to initiate flowering. So the plant cannot go into flower, theoretically, unless the days or custom light schedule becomes shorter than what it is accustomed to, or maybe if it stays the same length as well, assuming it stays 12/12 which would should trigger flower. But if each passing day is getting progressively longer, even if it is only 11/13 or 12/12... it should stay in veg still as long as the light hours are continuously lengthening. It's only when transferred from indoors on 16/8 to an outdoor setting that is 12/12 or 14/10, that would trigger flower because of the decline in light hours from what it would have been accustomed to. 

This is probably strain dependent however, and I don't know how photosensitive the FV's are. I am going to stick out a Critical+ 2.0, KK FV & Jack 47 FV to see... since I have excess beans that otherwise wouldn't get used this coming season... the FV's could start flowering under 12/12 or even 14/10 once they have reached sexual maturity. We'll have to see...

5 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

Just wait til march ;)

Yeah, that is the logical option. I don't know if I can wait though... I am eager to test the waters...

Hey arch I was thinking the same the other day after that really nice pleasant day I had about a week ago but I'd just wait because they'll be loads of frost from here until April time and that'll either kill small seedlings and young plants or proper stunt their growth and also they could begin flowering early and reveg or hermie like some hfh stuff but if it's not a semi auto then you might get away with it, I'd just be worried about the frost to be honest but if you've got some spare seeds or hacks then I say go for it but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Good luck though mate but if you wait a month before germinating a few seeds and then keep them inside on a windowsill for 2-3 weeks they'll stand a much better chance... atb

• Like 2

4 hours ago, inaction man said:

Okay thanks pal mite make a raised bed then maybe put some bricks around it might help a little

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mohamedbear said:

Hey arch I was thinking the same the other day after that really nice pleasant day I had about a week ago but I'd just wait because they'll be loads of frost from here until April time and that'll either kill small seedlings and young plants or proper stunt their growth and also they could begin flowering early and reveg or hermie like some hfh stuff but if it's not a semi auto then you might get away with it, I'd just be worried about the frost to be honest but if you've got some spare seeds or hacks then I say go for it but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Good luck though mate but if you wait a month before germinating a few seeds and then keep them inside on a windowsill for 2-3 weeks they'll stand a much better chance... atb

Hi mate, yeah I think I'm going to hold off for another week or two to be honest. I'm determined to get some plants out early though, and in the ground with cloches by early March. February is just too risky with frost though as you say. It's just the temptation to get something started though haha :rofl:

ATB pal

• Like 1