The Random Thread

whats_luring

Fuck me, I don't have a clue about breeding. The whole thing just seems way to daunting to even attempt. Thankfully the top breeders out there are releasing new, exciting strains and combinations every single year, so I don't really need to worry about hacking (although it would save me some dough from not buying seeds). It's certainly tempting though... although I would need to get myself some colloidal silver as I would prefer to make and work with fems. Not to mention there is also the issue with stability from 1st and even 2nd generation offspring. I see most breeders these days sell 4th generation seeds...

Just out of curiosity, does anyone actually stabilise their hacks over a series of generations, to like 3rd or 4th generation...?

i think the 4th generation thing your referring to is just the terminology sweet seeds use to describe their autos that have been crossed back to photo strains and then bred till auto 4 times.

when you cross two strains together the offspring are F1, when you cross those plants together you get F2 and so on. dependant on parents F1 are often fairly uniform, F2 and F3 you get more variety, then as you select you see more uniformity down the line. F7 is roughly when youl have a stable line without much variation or many different phenos depending how you select.

the basics are all pretty simple, just read up on it abit. making hacks is easy as 123 and can produce perfectly decent plants and save you abit of cash. proper breeding is abit more complex but more importantly requires discipline, dedication and passion.

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 5

My mum give me some wicked advice for this next years crop and that's to double the quantity.... Will do mum! haha

Excellent advice that everyone should take to heart
  • Like 1

@@Clean Green ay maybe just gotta persuade her to crawl through some brambles but it's possible but she'll defiantly have a hand in growing the auto's in the back garden it's just a shame that she doesn't smoke a little now because that'll make growing em all the more rewarding but she had a bad whitey about 20 years ago and now only smokes dirty cigarettes but she says shes gonna quit, anyway i might be able to get my mum to pose for you lot on uk420 we'll see...

• Like 4

"Mums on plots" an indie film showing the growing (pun intended) number of urban housewives growing weed self-sufficiently gorilla stylee lol

• Like 8