The Random Thread

whats_luring

No just FV. @@panik

Yer the CC is great but late compared to others and does need good spot.

Edited by Elephant Face
  • Like 1

I had a abk 2 inch tall and 2" wide it stunk my room,landing and the stair way out

It's all down to what strain it is, not the size of the plant.

Yeah, obviously it's strain dependent. But generally speaking, bigger plants smell more than smaller plants due to them having more surface area to let off smell. That's obvious when you think about it. All my 'big' plants let off a real stink last season, which covered a huge area, while I had quite a small plants that didn't stink that much and the smell from smaller plants didn't travel as far (generally speaking).

But that's not to say that a 2 inch tall 2 inch wide plant wouldn't stink as much as some bigger plants. Like you said, it's strain dependent, but the size of the plant will usually play a big part in how strong and how far the smell will travel. Again, more plant surface area = more smell from there being more particles available/released.

• Like 1

@@English Archer

How would you explain a massive plant in full flower that is low in odour then. How is that dependant on size. How would that be possible.

Seedlings do sometimes have a distinctive twang dependant on strain and phenotype thereof. Then there's variance of individuals within phenotype. Not to mention sex as well. Maturity is also probably more important than size.

Seedlings won't however stink a house out. You may smell them in the room after watering or being moved but that's about it.

Not a great concern.

I think a few people missed the part where I said 'generally speaking'. Nowhere did I mention that it was a complete mathematical certainty that bigger plants will smell more than smaller plants. From what I have seen (and generally speaking), bigger plants will kick up a greater smell which will travel further as more surface area of a plant is available to release smell particles. It's the same way that a little bit of manure will smell a lot less than a big ass pile of manure, and the same reason that a single plant will stink a lot less than a whole field of MJ. Surface area is an enormous factor in how much smell you're going to get...

Yeah, obviously it's strain dependent. But generally speaking, bigger plants smell more than smaller plants due to them having more surface area to let off smell. That's obvious when you think about it. All my 'big' plants let off a real stink last season, which covered a huge area, while I had quite a small plants that didn't stink that much and the smell from smaller plants didn't travel as far (generally speaking).

But that's not to say that a 2 inch tall 2 inch wide plant wouldn't stink as much as some bigger plants. Like you said, it's strain dependent, but the size of the plant will usually play a big part in how strong and how far the smell will travel. Again, more plant surface area = more smell from there being more particles available/released.

Still not true, from years of experience size of plants from huge to small.. I've had many small plants stinking. More than the bigger ones from different Plots.. it's all to do with genetics.. not size.

I do see were coming from but cannabis plants aren't horse manure dude.. you could have a 10ft plant that barely smells and you could have a 3ft plant that absolutely stinks, it's all down to strain/genetics.

Edited by Exile420
  • Like 4

As is individual expression of genes, maturity and environmental factors.

Ie after heavy rain. Or moist calm evenings.

Generally speaking.

Of course.

@@English Archer

Edited by Phoenix
  • Like 1

So will a greater mass of verbal shite smell less or more than a smaller mass of verbal shite of a stronger bouquet. Like after a curry for example.

I'm confused now.

Sometimes those little farts of lesser mass smell more than the big ripper of greater mass.

Surely a load of good organic seaweed, chicken poop, horse poop fed weed is going to smell better regardless of size?

It is indeed random this thread.

I know shite when I smell it though. Regardless of size.

• Like 5

Still not true, from years of experience size of plants from huge to small.. I've had many small plants stinking. More than the bigger ones from different Plots.. it's all to do with genetics.. not size.

I do see were coming from but cannabis plants aren't horse manure dude.. you could have a 10ft plant that barely smells and you could have a 3ft plant that absolutely stinks, it's all down to strain/genetics.

I did have a 10ft plant that barely smelt last season (Iced Grapefruit), and a 2-3ft plant as well that stunk to high heaven (Blueberry auto) so I am not doubting what you are saying. I totally get that it is strain dependent. Although providing you have your strains on point and you are already selecting the most potent/biggest yielders, then I would still stand by the fact that the biggest plants are going to kick up a stronger aroma that will travel further, on average. I found that the aroma on my biggest plants last season travelled a good 50-75 yards in late flower, whereas smaller plants only smelt up to about 10-15 yards away in most instances. When up close, the smell was also more intense on the bigger plants. I had a lot of big and small plants out last season to know what I am talking about. I know it could be pheno dependent, but my larger Red Purps' plants smelt way more than my smaller Red Purps plants for example...

@@Phoenix Dude, is the 'verbal shit' analogy and all the sarcasm directed at me really necessary. I am not trying to insult anyone or provoke anything, I just simply gave my opinion. It's obvious that people just want a witch hunt because they get a kick out of criticising others. I don't know why I even bothered posting...

• Like 1