The Random Thread

whats_luring

Anybody done the cream caramel fv outdoors?

Yes it likes full sun, its later than kk and cm. Was last fv to come in. Its like a fruity grapefruit and has nice nugs that a pretty pungent. Its worth a go for sure.

I dont know if this is a bit of a stupid question but do plants start to smell straight from the start like the first week or so?

Not really...or perhaps very slightly... the real whiff comes when they go into bloom.

@@Key4 Sorry i should have been clearer, i meant for the 1st week or two as i want to start only a few indoors firstly, does it let off any smell at all or is it very minimal

@@Key4 Sorry i should have been clearer, i meant for the 1st week or two as i want to start only a few indoors firstly, does it let off any smell at all or is it very minimal

Depends on the strain mate but most don't smell as a seedling, I've only ever had one that stunk as a seedling and I've done a load indoors

• Like 1

For starting them off indoors for couple weeks will be fine mate wont smell at all if any minimal yes, :yep:

• Like 2

I dont know if this is a bit of a stupid question but do plants start to smell straight from the start like the first week or so?

2-3 week old seedlings will barely smell at all and you will not have to worry about starting them indoors. All cannabis plants, regardless of size, have a distinct odour to them, which you can smell up close even with small plants, but I find the bigger the plant, the bigger the smell. A few tiny seedlings will not smell at all, or it will be barely noticeable, but in my experience a large 6ft+ plant that is still in a vegetative state, can smell just as bad as a smaller plant that is in full flower. It's all to do with the size of the plant and surface area available to let off smell. If there is more of the plant, there is more smell overall to give off. Last season I had a 10ft+ Ghost Train Haze that stunk way worse/stronger in late veg than any of my smaller plants did in late flower. More plant (surface area) = more smell.

• Like 1

I had an Arne x Ducksfoot about 3 or 4 years ago that really stunk from being very small. It went out earlier than planned :D

On the whole though it's usually minimal.

Edited by Eelhelmet
  • Like 4

2-3 week old seedlings will barely smell at all and you will not have to worry about starting them indoors. All cannabis plants, regardless of size, have a distinct odour to them, which you can smell up close even with small plants, but I find the bigger the plant, the bigger the smell. A few tiny seedlings will not smell at all, or it will be barely noticeable, but in my experience a large 6ft+ plant that is still in a vegetative state, can smell just as bad as a smaller plant that is in full flower. It's all to do with the size of the plant and surface area available to let off smell. If there is more of the plant, there is more smell overall to give off. Last season I had a 10ft+ Ghost Train Haze that stunk way worse/stronger in late veg than any of my smaller plants did in late flower. More plant (surface area) = more smell.

I had a abk 2 inch tall and 2" wide it stunk my room,landing and the stair way out

It's all down to what strain it is, not the size of the plant.

• Like 2

@@English Archer

How would you explain a massive plant in full flower that is low in odour then. How is that dependant on size. How would that be possible.

Seedlings do sometimes have a distinctive twang dependant on strain and phenotype thereof. Then there's variance of individuals within phenotype. Not to mention sex as well. Maturity is also probably more important than size.

Seedlings won't however stink a house out. You may smell them in the room after watering or being moved but that's about it.

Not a great concern.

• Like 3

@@Elephant Face I remember you did most them last season. Whats your top 3 for mould resistance and quality?

OK heres the FV lowdown, no pictures sorry.

KK - IMO is the worst smoke out of them and least pungent. I did a few as well. Great yield and mold resistance not bullet proof but decent. Looks good buds, nice yield branchy plants some can really be maxed out. Harvest a bit varied pheno dependent sept till oct.

CM - Fruity smelling nice fat nugs that yields well, but it has to be cropped early or it molds. Not as branchy as KK but still quick growing branchy plants. Finished buds smell nice and fruity and look fine even with early crop. This is earliest of the FV some pheno from early to mid sept but again varied.

CC - Very fruity grapefruit (I think its known as in industry as or very similar to Next gens dynamite and think thats from a famous Canadian grapefruit clone.) The CC probably tastes even nicer as it also has another flavour in the mix. Strong smelling very pretty nugs. But last to come in mid to late Oct. I had some in a less sunny spot these did not do so well. Ones that came in decent yield again.

SC - Dont bother not enough mold resistance or needs a good open spot. ITo be honest the whole FV plot got a bit hit and i lost most of the top colas and thought it was fucked, they were all so branchy they more than made up fro it with everything else. It was a bit strange sort of mid flower it got real humid and foggy / polluted and thgis hammered the one plot of fv. But the SC really suffered. What i did get is dense and pukka.

Sweet skunk - Fat nugs that mold a bit easy, probably needs open spot. Again what i did get was nice.

sweet special - similar to above but less big nugs.

Top 3 are KK, CM and CC is no particular order.

Edited by Elephant Face
  • Like 7

OK heres the FV lowdown, no pictures sorry.

KK - IMO is the worst smoke out of them and least pungent. I did a few as well. Great yield and mold resistance not bullet proof but decent. Looks good buds, nice yield branchy plants some can really be maxed out. Harvest a bit varied pheno dependent sept till oct.

CM - Fruity smelling nice fat nugs that yields well, but it has to be cropped early or it molds. Not as branchy as KK but still quick growing branchy plants. Finished buds smell nice and fruity and look fine even with early crop. This is earliest of the FV some pheno from early to mid sept but again varied.

CC - Very fruity grapefruit (I think its known as in industry as or very similar to Next gens dynamite and think thats from a famous Canadian grapefruit clone.) The CC probably tastes even nicer as it also has another flavour in the mix. Strong smelling very pretty nugs. But last to come in mid to late Oct. I had some in a less sunny spot these did not do so well. Ones that came in decent yield again.

SC - Dont bother not enough mold resistance or needs a good open spot. ITo be honest the whole FV plot got a bit hit and i lost most of the top colas and thought it was fucked, they were all so branchy they more than made up fro it with everything else. It was a bit strange sort of mid flower it got real humid and foggy / polluted and thgis hammered the one plot of fv. But the SC really suffered. What i did get is dense and pukka.

Sweet skunk - Fat nugs that mold a bit easy, probably needs open spot. Again what i did get was nice.

sweet special - similar to above but less big nugs.

Top 3 are KK, CM and CC is no particular order.

Have you tried the normal photo's mate ..?

by sounds of that the cream caramel sounds best..