The Random Thread

whats_luring

Odour with taste is appealing, but owt means 'anything'. The opposite is nowt and that means 'nothing'

"You won't get owt for nowt", is a common phrase. You won't get anything for nothing.

• Like 3

Does anyone know whether growing on a 45 degree incline/slope would affect plant growth in any way? Like would the angle affect nutrient uptake or the way that the plant grows upwards?? I have scoped out a few potential spots for next year which are on hillside slopes...

Does anyone know whether growing on a 45 degree incline/slope would affect plant growth in any way? Like would the angle affect nutrient uptake or the way that the plant grows upwards?? I have scoped out a few potential spots for next year which are on hillside slopes...

nope they will grow straight..

• Like 4

My gg spot this year was on an incline. I scooped out the holes and put that dirt on the downside, kind of a horse shoe shape to catch any run off passing by. The technique is called net and pan.

45 degrees is one hell of an incline. Where is this plot, on Ben Nevis? It will drain freely and could get too dry, if there's a shortage of rain. Slopes are good because you should have more sunlight hitting the plant, if you choose your location wisely.

They may stand out more and catch the eye, so don't be afraid to bend them over and keep a lower profile. The soil tends to be thinner, the steeper you go.

• Like 2

Hi all uk420 growers, I haven't been very active on here lately as it seems I have been having a massive, intense affair with my buds & Mrs. Heineken lol lol.

I guess cause it's my first ever time growing & having my own buds that is adding to this optimistic high I'm having. I know my buds were not great but I'm sssoòoo much enjoying the smoke. I find it uplifting but at the same time find I can travel inside my mind making sense of things lol.

Not only do I think different, I find I read & see things different also. I'm loving it, loving the buzz but it doesn't help when I can pop into my local & have my favorite pint of Mrs.Heinken & be able to have a small 'J' outside. I must say, I find these two, bud & Mrs.Heineken really complement each other.

I'm loving it but I think it's time I pull back the reins a bit & come back to the reality of life. I'm struggling with this one tho lol lol lol.

Just thought I'd share my short time absence from this site. Happy growing & smoking guys.

• Like 6

Hey @@Irishgirl I'm glad your enjoying smoking your homegrown, you can't beat smoking some weed that you've grown from seed and you know exactly what's gone into it and it's the joy & adventure of being out and about growing it that really makes you enjoy it at the end.

and you can't beat a smoke and a beer or two, just don't get really hammered then get home and think it'll be a good idea to roll a fatty because that always ends badly with the room spinning out but if you've been smoking all day then you'll be fine!

and a saying my granddad says is: Wine before beer you'll feel queer, Beer before wine you'll be fine! and it's true trust me lol ......

Take care IG good seeing you back on here I was beginning to wonder where you was but I guess it's just that time of year when everyone's smoking what they've grown and outdoor section becomes a bit quiet..... BUT NOT IF I CAN HELP IT!!!!!

• Like 2

Mohamedbear, love your grandfather's saying, never heard of it b4 lol. I would say it's true tho. I will stick to my heineken 'Mrs. Heineken' as she hits the spot. Always home before things get to much lol. Chat soon mate.

• Like 1

Women grow better weed than men, your first time effort is probably as good in quality as any of us blokes can manage between us. The hop and the crop is a lovely combo, enjoy your high and ride that wave.

The skill is in rationing your buds, till your next harvest, or growing enough so that you don't ever run out.

• Like 4

@@Irishgirl, end of first season and you're hooked!

I've been in same place, tied up with cropping and nothing else for last month+, good to reach the end and smoke your results - RESULT!

Lost a fair bit to mould but learnt lots, (my 1st outdoor grow). Biggest learn was don't have too many plants (12) and too many varities (4).

From the four strains, I found one worth keeping with - Blues, got a few mothers running under a T5 at the mo. The Blues are good yielders, short and bushy, and finishes in time, outdoors, Lat 50.5.

My atempts with B~line, nonames and Killerskunk were too varied, still got some really nice smokes at the end so not complaining.

Having moaned about too many strains, next season I'll be trying Eelhelmet's Double Durban and Helena Gold, alongside the Blues, no more than 6 plants, less is more - more time for other things...

Stay stoned, safe and happy, that's the plan if we can?

Mcgarret :oldtoker:

Hi all uk420 growers, I haven't been very active on here lately as it seems I have been having a massive, intense affair with my buds & Mrs. Heineken lol lol.

I guess cause it's my first ever time growing & having my own buds that is adding to this optimistic high I'm having. I know my buds were not great but I'm sssoòoo much enjoying the smoke. I find it uplifting but at the same time find I can travel inside my mind making sense of things lol.

Not only do I think different, I find I read & see things different also. I'm loving it, loving the buzz but it doesn't help when I can pop into my local & have my favorite pint of Mrs.Heinken & be able to have a small 'J' outside. I must say, I find these two, bud & Mrs.Heineken really complement each other.

I'm loving it but I think it's time I pull back the reins a bit & come back to the reality of life. I'm struggling with this one tho lol lol lol.

Just thought I'd share my short time absence from this site. Happy growing & smoking guys.

• Like 4

Mohamedbear, Sidi Hidi & Mcgarret, thanks for kind words. I dont feel so alone now & yes I'm definitely hooked. Have a good weekend I'm off to blast again.

I still have 2 in a tent cooking that I saved from the outside world in 11 ltr buckets. They are doing fine, me thinks anyway lol.

• Like 5