The Random Thread

whats_luring

I'd cut all the crispy bits off with a clean pair of snips. That particular branch prob won't rejuvenate once it's got to that point I shouldn't think. The rest of the plant might be ok with a bit of time to sort it's self out. It might be stressed with all the moving about, I wouldn't think you'll get much off it. But it's interesting to try these things.

• Like 1

Thanks Tuggie, I took it out, didn't really like that plant anyway lol. White widow I believe. I chopped what I could, da good bits & added it to my trim in freezer. I checked the other 2 & took some dead leaves off, purple haze I believe & they are doing ok. I'm happy now as there in more room in the tent for them. Ya its all trail & error for me, more error tho, lol. Thanks again mate.

• Like 1

i did my diary elsewhere this year... i uploaded a little vid... ive stuck it in my profile..catch it wile its there if ya wanna looky.. its under growroom profile.. ill be making a new youtube for next years diary.. gonna try do a full video diary, not as doll as the clip in the profile..ill try make em entertaining..... looking forward to next year already

• Like 9

COTC is being dominated by the OD members for October. Half way thru the month and I'm loving the close voting on Blunt Wit ,Haze Works and Scrapheap Cowboy. It's any bodies race at the moment, and almost worth running a book on if anybody wants to give odds.

I think the OD plants look healthier than some of the ID plants. More sort of free range chickens strutting around than battery hens stuck in a box lol

• Like 5

Just been to post my biased vote. I was really intrigued by the disqualified snap… Other than posting pics of trees, cars or cats how does one go about getting disqualified from COTC?

Just been to post my biased vote. I was really intrigued by the disqualified snap Other than posting pics of trees, cars or cats how does one go about getting disqualified from COTC?

Used a pic off the dinafem website.

In fairness to the disqualified member, the pictures are chosen by the mods each month. They choose pictures that catch their eye and in this case the fella had used a stock Dinafem image as part of a post and it was this image that was chosen as it looked really good. It was a genuine mistake and I feel sorry for the member as he had no idea this had happened until after the event.

• Like 2

Fighting Spidermites indoors any good products to use? im in veg but need to flip asap.

Ive started spraying sb invigorator but ive red its not as effective as other stuff. is there any strong chemicals i can use once then flip.

I've had this situation in the past. My solution was to wash the plants in the bath using the shower head to blast the mites and their eggs off and then let dry naturally. Meanwhile disinfect your entire room., not just the tent. Have the lot out and really clean with Jeyes fluid. Spray with a mite specific based insecticide and then repeat the washing and spray a week later to hit the eggs again. May be worth one further wash before the flowers really start. I would prefer to eliminate early rather than deal with thru the flowering cycle.

Edited by Lea Valley

i couldn't get rid of spidermites @@Key4 they chased me out the tent and made me grow OD ;) God i'm a pussy there only small too...

i tried a load of sprays, predators, etc. Water and washing up liquid seemed as effective as anything else that i used. i think that Harkers Meta Pigeon Mite spray is generally considered the nuke option but its nasty stuff. i would read up carefully before using. Not good to use in flower unless you want to smoke the shit too.

A friend did have better look with predators, not sure what they used but i went for Phyoteseilus ones and they did drop the population but didn't eradicate. I was in flower and the predators hibernate in 12/12 i think. Only based on my experience but i wouldn't go to 12/12 if you know you have mites. Gets harder to spray stuff on the plants as buds form.

i saw one guy say he rubbed every leaf and stem by hand everyday till the mites were gone......GL

Guest sabishii

Mr. @@Eelhelmet

Please accept my apology for not finishing what I've started, but between losing my dog, my relationship, not being able to see my daughter and being threatened by my ex, in a way, that made me sign up for Narcotics Anonymous (I only smoke fyi), I just haven't had the mental energy. I hope this will help me a bit. I wanted to minimize canna-forums i use, and I prefer uk420.

Experience:

• 6 m2 bed
  • 12 x GG#3
  • 7 females (remember telling you that i had 8, but this nasty rogue male almost fucked me up - phew!)
  • 80% cooked @ lat 57 and I'm sure I could've pushed It more. October in Denmark was a mess this year
  • Harvest time was late september to early Oct.
  • 2 oz+ a plant
  • less than 5% mould overall the more fluffy pheno having the most

The high is great and I didn't even hit the sweet-spot for curing, mostly because i started caring less, and it's in top 3 this season most definitely. I still have beans and I'm probably gonna make some seeds next year. Always wanted to grow GG and it didn't disappoint one bit.

• Like 4

No apology needed mate , I'm real sorry to hear you've had some Shitty personal issues :(

I hope you're getting on a bit better now .

I'm guilty of not finishing things too , life's full on sometimes .

If you need owt for next year then just giz a shout :)

• Like 3

Guest sabishii

Not being native to the language, I had to Google owt. Clicked on urban dictionary - odors with taste

Thanks mate. I think I have what I need exept a few fem. :)

• Like 4