The Random Thread

whats_luring

so thats less than 10,,,maybe 10 on 14 off be better just to finish em off budding ,12 12 is fine normally but may waste some time at this stage ,,

• Like 1

Chopped the last of my girls the other night, im 99% certain this a Deep Cheese, smells cheesy. its been an excellent season for me with enuff to last until next year and some grade a weed, easy better than any local indoor bollocks.

gallery_34502_13252_168720.jpg

Good luck to those that still have plants out, the latest I had a plant out was first week December, so don't let idiots warn you of frost etc. This was from 26/11/2014 and went on until December, didn't do much but didn't mold.

Hawaiian Skunk Haze.

gallery_34502_9487_45698.jpg

Edited by Punk
  • Like 7

Both fans have thermostat controls that you can set for temps & speed. I hope I'm making sense.

Hey IG, not sure if you picked up on what TIM mentioned about fan idle speed above.

When i started a mate gave me a thermostat fan controller. it was ok i never had a real prob but it needed a little fudging in the winter. At a guess you have the same kind?

When you set a temperature on the dial if the sensor is above the set point the fan is on and if below the setpoint the fan is off? Whilst on it runs at whatever speed you choose but its only ever on or off.

That means that at lights off when its cold fan will just switch off and stay off if you set the thermostat too high.

More advanced controllers have a high speed for extraction and temp reduction when above the temp. setpoint plus an idle speed (slow speed) to get a small bit of air flow when below setpoint. Really fancy ones even do a bump to remove humidity at lights off, la di da ;)

These units are more expensive (if you ever look at buying one i would look at Variic ones).

There are DIY variiac units if you are good with electrics. Also i just read somewhere that you can use a dimmer switch to provide an idle speed to your fans combined with the cheep fan controller but should think you need to be pretty competent with electrics.

Long post sorry. Just to add, With the on/off cheep fan controller if you have no fans running at lights off, tent is warm inside and outside its cold. Humidity goes up a lot & can cause problems.

e2a - didn't really say it but the easiest solution if you have the on/off one is set the temp setpoint low at night and adjust the fan speed to slow. So fans are on and running slowly and stay on. Might need to increase at lights on though, depends.....

Edited by Blunt_Wit

Guerilla Hash and few bits of import ready for christmas, happy days

:oldtoker:

gallery_49847_5704_260064.jpg

Wow! It looks lovely mate, what a treat! I love looking at all the colours and textures of hash.

• Like 2

Hey IG, not sure if you picked up on what TIM mentioned about fan idle speed above.

When i started a mate gave me a thermostat fan controller. it was ok i never had a real prob but it needed a little fudging in the winter. At a guess you have the same kind?

When you set a temperature on the dial if the sensor is above the set point the fan is on and if below the setpoint the fan is off? Whilst on it runs at whatever speed you choose but its only ever on or off.

That means that at lights off when its cold fan will just switch off and stay off if you set the thermostat too high.

More advanced controllers have a high speed for extraction and temp reduction when above the temp. setpoint plus an idle speed (slow speed) to get a small bit of air flow when below setpoint. Really fancy ones even do a bump to remove humidity at lights off, la di da ;)

These units are more expensive (if you ever look at buying one i would look at Variic ones).

There are DIY variiac units if you are good with electrics. Also i just read somewhere that you can use a dimmer switch to provide an idle speed to your fans combined with the cheep fan controller but should think you need to be pretty competent with electrics.

Long post sorry. Just to add, With the on/off cheep fan controller if you have no fans running at lights off, tent is warm inside and outside its cold. Humidity goes up a lot & can cause problems.

e2a - didn't really say it but the easiest solution if you have the on/off one is set the temp setpoint low at night and adjust the fan speed to slow. So fans are on and running slowly and stay on. Might need to increase at lights on though, depends.....

Hi Blunt_Wit, thanks for taking the time & effort for your time, support & explanation. Yes you do make sense it's just me not knowing about growing this herb either outdoors or indoors lol. It's all so new to me.

After reading your message this morning I made time to look at the tent & grow equipment. I then decided to put 50mm of King span under the tent. Put probe thermostats in tent also as I had them laying outside the tent not sure what it really was but I think I get it now, ddaaa lol lol. But not quick sure what setting I should set it at, I believe I have it at 23c at the moment. I also put in the tent a temp digital reader to read the temp but if comes up in f & not Celsius & I guess it should be around 65/68f? I don't know what the R/H stands for or what I should be aiming for to get the balance. G, talk about being dumb to this not not prepared, I have not made it easy for myself.

I don't know what brand the control fans are so decided to take a few pictures. No I have no knowledge of eletrics & wouldn't attempt anything like this. This is one part of building stuff that I am clueless with lol.

As suggested by harvestreaper I decided to put the lights on 10hrs on, 14hrs off as of tonight. I now have this on a timer as I was doing it manually since I put girls in there Monday evening. I will be watering the 3x girls tonight as the soil is drying out, rain water at room temps.

As you can see from the pictures I have a bug & pest spray & I was wondering if I can use this on the girls. As to date everything I have given them has been natural/organic as I can make it. I have not used any bottles stuff at all except seaweed extract & made up brew/tea's.

Anyways, here are some pictures for you & other to see my temporary set up. Feel free to suggest or make comments.

What other woman would give up their walk-in wardrobe, I would love to know lol. All for the care & love for my last 3x plants lol.

gallery_98750_13122_89545.jpg

gallery_98750_13122_139257.jpg

.php?app=galleryℑ=392039]gallery_98750_13122_269046.jpg[/url]

gallery_98750_13122_141733.jpg

gallery_98750_13122_194851.jpg

/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=392042]gallery_98750_13122_148849.jpg[/url]

gallery_98750_13122_384997.jpg

gallery_98750_13122_248773.jpg

gallery_98750_13122_342511.jpg

gallery_98750_13122_355756.jpg

Thanks for looking guys & for all your help, you know who you are lol.

• Like 1

Ah fuck i forgot some fans have built in thermostat controllers :russian: like yours. That looks pretty decent kit tbf. Digital switchable ballast? ( i don't have one but as far as i know you need a different lamp for each setting, don't put a 400W lamp in and switch to 600W)

But yeah the temp probe from the fan wants to be in the tent then they will switch on/off based on the temp in there, i think ;)

Edited by Blunt_Wit

@irishgirl 600w lamp in that ballest can be dimmed down to 400w no problems....

eta set up looks fine by the way..

Edited by TheInsideMan
  • Like 1

Thanks TheInsideMan, I have a 600w in there at the moment. I also have a 600hp super bloom & I believe there is a 1000w hp with another stronger dimmable ballast that goes past the 1000+ Mark but just thought it was safer to start with this one for now. Can I spray for pests & bugs or is it to late do you know? I broke a branch this eve but taped it back in place, hope it knits back, oops.

• Like 1

How ya Girly. Well done with the outdoor plants .

They're getting a bit baked ,one looks like it'll keep flowering and more floral than the other .They've had a tough time in flower . Start some seed to grow alondgise these ,and keep the meter ticking over !

No need to spray now but do spray hard stuff in veg ,mectins,sheep dip and SBPI or Plant Vitality+ . Prevention is better than crying at the site of webbed buds .

Míle buíochas.

Thanks Mr. Michael Luchóg. A bit baked?? Light too much 4 them? Will they not do, finish up? I think they have had a rough time from day one as I didn't & don't have a clue but been learning the hard way.

I dont think I will do any seeds till next season or at least till I get a decent indoor set up. This tent is crap with pin holes etc, just a temporary job to finish these 3 girls off. I just watered them tonight & they are now asleep till morning. Fingers crossed. How long more will they take do you think or will they at all? Thanks for popping by, much appreciated.

• Like 1

I wouldn't use anything more than a fortnight of power on them ,and by then they'll be cooked ! I mean ready.

I think its hot ,just from seeing twisted leaves . It is hot in comparison to where they've been . You could drop the wattage maybe .

I have grown grand plants in bastardised tents .You've no excuses . There are several ways to cover the tent frame. Dust off the old singer

• Like 2

That bug spray is dangerous Irishgirl. Just cut branches off and shake any bugs off outside. Well done on your first grow, pulling buds home on your first OD grow even if you did cheat lol nah I mean improvise at the end :)

Edited by LostJohnny
  • Like 2