The Random Thread

whats_luring

Hi Guys, after drying da buds I have I started to put them in glass jars but discovered I don't have enough. Will it be ok to put in plastic seal containers or best to leave in brown bag? Will da plastic sealed container make them sweat? I will be opening jars etc everyday for 10mins. TIA.

What a lovely problem to have! Well done - you outgrew your planned capacity! :yep:

Like Blunt, I've also stored in plastic containers - clip lock ones with rubber lined seal, available in poundy type places - managed to keep 2oz in one of them for about 9months without major problems - buds got a bit dry though, but not a big problem.

:v:

• Like 1

Nice one @@Slugums. I didn't weigh mine, again no scales. Talk about being disorganised, ooh well & its not my nature but wasn't prepared at all. Small jars also but good enough lol.

• Like 1

The local chinese takeawy ones hold an onion as if they were made for it ;) Though i like those clip lock ones better too. Nobody ever smashed a tupperware tub when they dropped it either....

Another month another COTC Several guerrillas in there if you want to vote for one *cough*

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=375189&st=

btw :yep: Congratulation to Lea Valley i see the flair under your name now ;)

Yeah @@Blunt_Wit I'm all COTC ed up thanks mate, and now your in the running, I left a little surprise for you when you check your votes

Swapped the Seedism prize for Subbies Seeds The Durbs and Helena Gold which you did. Do you rate it ?

• Like 2

We'll done on your cotc win mate :)

You'll be a tester for the Durbs if you decide to do any .

The Helena Gold I grew had some nice phenos. There's a pledge polish pheno that's quite heavy . And a meaty smelling one that has ace buds but you need to keep an eye for mold . She grows big too .

All the best with them , and big ups again .

• Like 4

Another that still needs testing mate .

The mother was an early October finish , fat buds and great on mold . The dd father was circumcised at birth but still had a good payload :D

Some dd finished middle of September onwards here at near lat 54 . So we might pinch a week there .

Sativa x Indy really , should go well :)

• Like 5

Thanks @@Eelhelmet, when did the Helena Gold finish for you ? And would you want to take a guess on finishing times on the Durbs ? I don't mind being a test pilot mate, all part of the fun.

Edited by Lea Valley
  • Like 1

Those new crosses sound good Eel. :rockon:

Yeah @@Blunt_Wit I'm all COTC ed up thanks mate, and now your in the running, I left a little surprise for you when you check your votes

Swapped the Seedism prize for Subbies Seeds The Durbs and Helena Gold which you did. Do you rate it ?

lol, i didn't even know there was a prize...i thought COTC was just for bragging rights. Props to you anyway :yep:

i did double durban from subs which was a cracker. The pink pheno i had was chopped 1st week september but i think should have been taken a week earlier. I burped the jar the other day and its super sour citrus candy smelling. Gotta go back and find that jar now while i remember....

White one was end september, very similar in finishing time, smell etc to 1 pheno of DP's Durban at same spot.

Few pics http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=320188&p=4619565

Helena Gold was early october for me, same time as an S6 at same plot. Little bit of mould but not bad, think i harvested just in time. Though it was in shade and had dead vineweed hanging on it so i was impressed tbf.

I only had 1 girl but the smell is awesome juicy fruit + tropical fruit, good yield and good bud! It was seeded and i just picked the seeds out and must have got a g or two even of finger hash in the process.

I had a really nice male so have kept a few BBa x RD x HG seeds.

Edited by Blunt_Wit

The Durbs , end of September lat 53 . Add or take a week with your position.

Helena Gold , pheno hunt , if you're lucky you'll get a meaty pheno , ready mid September . Plant out early is a big thing with all these real OD strains . Makes a difference in trigger times . Dunno why , but that's how it rolls .

If you get a big pledge pheno you could be cropping from mid September to October . Sativa colas , like arms . The HG are unpredictable but the lineage is sound . Anyone below 55 should be good .

• Like 2

I am well chuffed with the Double Durban. I can't wait to try it. One pheno went until last week of October and was mould resistant. Your fucking smashing it mate.

• Like 3

This post reminds me of when i first visited Amsterdam back in 1995, the first smoke i ever had was Durban Poison....cracking stuff

• Like 1