The Random Thread

whats_luring

Ooh guys, guys, guys. What an experience today was. I went to my plot to carry out surgery or chop chop like a butcher. I struggled for about half hour before I brought myself to cut the first branch. I really didn't want to but I carried on. I lost my clippers or whatever they are called so had a scissors, the joys, NOT!!!

ALL THE WAS IN MY HEAD WAS "NEVER AGAIN". It left me with many thoughts on my way home, why would anyone want to do this guerilla growing, getting wet in bad weather, fallen in shit, ducking & diving from people and all sorts.

Managed to get home to trim, trim ooh my God, trim, ever done it before but seen it on u-tube. Ha, it looked easy enough, I hadn't a clue what to cut or how, I couldn't even ring a friend as it's mine only to know lol. Anyways I got on with it & the same voice came back, WTF, never again lol saying there are no buds here, what am I doing? Ooh god, I was all alone in this new world, all by myself and honestly it was scary & nerve racking with only the thoughts & echoes of your mind. Suddenly it hit me, this is what my gurellia growing is about, doing it by yourself. Now I'm looking for a monkey to join me in the jungle lol.

Anyway, all jokes aside. Bud or whatever they will be are home now. I took them in my house, in bedroom in a closet without a door on closet lol. Question is if I put a carbon filter in the closet off the bedroom with ducting extracting out the window would it get rid of the smell. The house stinks lol. A view of the closet & popcorn lol.

.php?app=galleryℑ=388397]gallery_98750_13122_22231.jpg[/url]

gallery_98750_13122_70039.jpg

• Like 16

Ow yes @@Irishgirl Get in!! whoop whoop!!

Yes that'll work with your carbon filter I think although I've never used one personally. They'll stop smelling as strong after a few days. I think you might even be able to just put the carbon filter in the same room as the buds and it'll suck the smelly air in one side and clean air out the other. No need to vent the air out as there's no humidity being created by living plants & lights and also that'll be enough to keep the air circulating.

I bet your buzzing I remember my first harvest and your's looks a lot more impressive than my first did.

And also now you know that plot is safe and you can pull a gg off there

Edited by Mohamedbear
  • Like 1

congrats irish :D .... i still get the what the fuck am i doing at some point every season haha dont get me wrong i love it most of the season... but guaranteed i ask my self the same question a couple of times per grow,,,

again congrats irish and i hope you have another crack next year too

• Like 4

Well done . Decent haul that, better than my 1st year.

Get the filter going it will be better than nothing.Thats a decent size closet id put a tent in that!

nearly 40 years ,40 years of listening to nash the slash ,took me 25 years to track one album down ,then he goes n dies ,and everything is re released in vinyl format ,and then ..and then fuck me sideways his old lighting guy goes and posts a video online that some guy made and the music is by nash ,inc a different version of one of his more famous tracks ..like buses these things ..

https://vimeo.com/49225452

• Like 1

Irish girl what I do is hang in one of those plastic green house mine is 5 tier but can get smaller. I then put carbon filter in top and put ducting connecting to extraction fan outside tent. I then shut the zip door so the air pulls from the bottom of tent as open and into carbon filter and out of fan. This just goes back into room not outside.

• Like 1

It's the peak of the orionids meteor shower tonight for anyone that's interested, I'm off down to my plot with a deckchair a few beers and some homegrown tonight and getting comfortable. Although the waning moons will hinder the view.

• Like 2

You know what I actually see ... None! lol but ah well I was out for about an hour but I just had a look from my backgarden in the end and there's too much light pollution where I live but it continues until November the 7th apparently so there's a few more chances to see some but some years there just isn't a lot

• Like 1

Just a quick question... some of my blueberry buds, which are completely dry, have just recently developed a brownish tint which looks like some kind of mould possibly. These buds are completely dry and the mould could only have formed once they were dry which doesn't really make sense to me. I am a little apprehensive to smoke this now... it's not the typical white mould or proper brown bud rot we see, it's more of a brown tint all over the buds, with the THC trichomes actually looking brown as well. It just doesn't look right. It's strange that this has happened like 3-4 weeks after harvest as well :g:

In your experience, do buds or trichomes ever turn brownish or get a brown tint during a cure? I hope I haven't got to throw this bloody lot out! Fucksake.

@@English Archer I had the same with one of my auto kk recently I think mine happen in the drying process tho

Went from bright green to bronze dark green and bronze trichs definitely different To the normal change in colour I just presumed I cut a bit late

:)