The Random Thread

whats_luring

@@harvestreaper

Funny post, Sounds like you had a compete flustered stunt , I get like that too sometimes, just kinda adds to the experience.

I'm over last night 10 30 collecting a GP I let run and and a PM that was more or less done. I do carry a torch but try to use moonlight, difficult when inside undergrowth where it's dark. You kind of walk slower using your whole body to sense and feel branches while walking with some weird arms up fixed karate chop stance to protect the face.

@@Mohamedbear

What do you mean "I feel like I'm being watched, but in reality its fine" what you never heard of the WereBadger ? That's what's watching you mate..... Ha ha yeah I like the buzz of being alone in the woods at night too. You have to have a certain mind set and then stick with it.

• Like 2

@@Mohamedbear No chance mate, fuck that. I just can't do the nighttime missions, not alone. It's just the dark... in the middle of nowhere... all alone... and in my case having the constant thought of aliens in my head. Like literally every alien film I can think of will pop into my head while I'm out there. When I went to harvest my Red Purps a few weeks back, I got heldup... had to harvest some other stuff as well... well darkness fell and it was pitch black and by the time I was done, it was about 9pm. I wasn't too bothered most of the time at the plot, like I braved it, it was fine... but to get home I had go through a huge forest, in the middle of nowhere. The whole time I was walking through there I was envisioning the McPherson tape with the aliens and the red shining/glowing lights in the woods, if you've seen that film. Proper freaked me out.

Likewise at my cornfield plot... I did a late night visit, on my own, just the once... and never again. All I could think about was the alien film with Mel Gibson called Signs... you know with the aliens in the cornfield and the alien leg that sticks out of the corn. I was shining my phone torch in the corn just waiting to see a green leg sticking out. Fucking imagination.

Now I wouldn't have a problem going out if I had just one other person with me, as long as I'm not alone. It's just the reassurance of having someone else there, even if it's just to talk to or to or so you know you're not completely alone. Last year I did a nighttime plot visit with a mate and I was absolutely fine, like no paranoia at all as in I acted completely normal and wasn't bothered one bit. It's just when you're alone, in the middle of nowhere, in the dark. I can't do it on my own. I will hear every single twig snapping, leaf falling, and every animal noise. Like every single animal noise will sound 10 x more weird and fucked up when you're on your own at night :rofl:

If you go to your plots at night, alone... then fair play to you, I give you credit. It takes some guts IMO.

Edited by English Archer
  • Like 1

@@Amarillo slim

Oh come on man. I know I'm not the only person that avoids nighttime visits. I think the vast majority of people in general would get the creeps when you're on your own at night.

• Like 1

wanna watch out for them aliens mate as they'll fucking have ya..

havnt seen about in a while mate was starting to worry lol been busy with the biddies i take it :)

@@Amarillo slim

Oh come on man. I know I'm not the only person that avoids nighttime visits. I think the vast majority of people in general would get the creeps when you're on your own at night.

whats there to be scared of? short of standing on a badger whats gonna happen in the night thats not in the day?

o yeah, the alines lol

• Like 3

What about clowns?

Imagine if you saw this at your plot one night :rofl:

clown-in-woods-south-carolina.jpg

Edited by English Archer
  • Like 7

That's how I go to my plot... Riding a unicycle as well lol

Bag of weed under each arm

Edited by Mohamedbear
  • Like 7

You know me Archer, soppy little sod wouldn't be able to take his suit back to the hire shop with shit in it if he bumped into me in the woods lol

Edited by Lea Valley
  • Like 2

@@harvestreaper Sounds like fun lol It's the shadows made by my torch that freak me out at night time, when a leaf covers your torch and everything goes pitch black for a second you do get a nice buzz being out in the middle of nowhere on your own in the pitch black.... Imagine all of the animals that have got their eyes on you when you're clambering through the undergrowth :shock: I always feel like I'm being watched..... :fear:

Never smoke a fat one of you're homegrown just as you set off in the woods, you could think strange things are happening.....

....but in reality everything's fine.

i usually love it ,,seen some great wildlife owls are my fav but you hit the nail on head ,,smoked a neat nanan bouclou before i left,,, bad move lol

• Like 1

@@harvestreaper

Funny post, Sounds like you had a compete flustered stunt , I get like that too sometimes, just kinda adds to the experience.

I'm over last night 10 30 collecting a GP I let run and and a PM that was more or less done. I do carry a torch but try to use moonlight, difficult when inside undergrowth where it's dark. You kind of walk slower using your whole body to sense and feel branches while walking with some weird arms up fixed karate chop stance to protect the face.

@@Mohamedbear

What do you mean "I feel like I'm being watched, but in reality its fine" what you never heard of the WereBadger ? That's what's watching you mate..... Ha ha yeah I like the buzz of being alone in the woods at night too. You have to have a certain mind set and then stick with it.

i got the karate chop stance down ,, aka skunken master tekneek

• Like 1

@@Mohamedbear No chance mate, fuck that. I just can't do the nighttime missions, not alone. It's just the dark... in the middle of nowhere... all alone... and in my case having the constant thought of aliens in my head. Like literally every alien film I can think of will pop into my head while I'm out there. When I went to harvest my Red Purps a few weeks back, I got heldup... had to harvest some other stuff as well... well darkness fell and it was pitch black and by the time I was done, it was about 9pm. I wasn't too bothered most of the time at the plot, like I braved it, it was fine... but to get home I had go through a huge forest, in the middle of nowhere. The whole time I was walking through there I was envisioning the McPherson tape with the aliens and the red shining/glowing lights in the woods, if you've seen that film. Proper freaked me out.

Likewise at my cornfield plot... I did a late night visit, on my own, just the once... and never again. All I could think about was the alien film with Mel Gibson called Signs... you know with the aliens in the cornfield and the alien leg that sticks out of the corn. I was shining my phone torch in the corn just waiting to see a green leg sticking out. Fucking imagination.

Now I wouldn't have a problem going out if I had just one other person with me, as long as I'm not alone. It's just the reassurance of having someone else there, even if it's just to talk to or to or so you know you're not completely alone. Last year I did a nighttime plot visit with a mate and I was absolutely fine, like no paranoia at all as in I acted completely normal and wasn't bothered one bit. It's just when you're alone, in the middle of nowhere, in the dark. I can't do it on my own. I will hear every single twig snapping, leaf falling, and every animal noise. Like every single animal noise will sound 10 x more weird and fucked up when you're on your own at night :rofl:

If you go to your plots at night, alone... then fair play to you, I give you credit. It takes some guts IMO.

its great fun you should try it,, on the flipside it could be said you wouldnt want to meet a gger near there plot in the dark in the middle of nowere ,,, it was more disorientation with the light with me than fear it just looked like i was running from a seral killer in all the steam an heavy breathing reminded me of one those movieslol

• Like 1