The Random Thread

whats_luring

yeah i found critical plus alot better than 2.0.. but ive only done one pack of 2.0

Wait, so you're saying you preferred the original Critical + over their 2.0 version?

The remastered 2.0 version is supposed to be higher in THC, slightly earlier finishing and a lot more mould resistant, apparently. Haven't smoked either though so can't compare...

yep im saying...from what i experianced... 100 percent critical was better.. ive grown critical almost every year

Edited by RandyBoBandy

@@RandyBoBandy

Hmm well I tried to grow a whole bunch of Critical+ 2.0 this year but the badgers and rabbits liked them too much. Was pretty bummed about losing them as that was the one plant I wanted to harvest the most this year out of them all, but now I'm not too bothered about it seeing as you don't even rate the strain much. I might just get one of each next year, the original and 2.0 to see how they compare.

• Like 1

Sweet randy ,

Them crosses will be good mate I'll keep an eye out next season see how there doing , the sound the bollox anyway what ever happens ...

• Like 1

I did a 2.0 freeb in 2014 and was not impressed, she was a june plantout and shared her plot with a PM, a gigabud and a sugaeblacksummatorother. she was joint latest and smallest, basically the PM & g'bud were loads better, i.e. much smellier, bigger & earlier.

Theres better stuff to get excited about!

I'm doing a couple o fem freebies of critical this year, one came in on thurs about a week or 2 early as she was rotting like a constipated corpse, lost 90% of the top bud…. pile o shite but it was quite frosty! best bits are drying right now :dev:

• Like 1

you had a critical two weeks away from finnish! holy..... what lat are you.. mine are always done october. 2nd-3rd week.. you mean autos?

Edited by RandyBoBandy

Well, errm, thers a bit o confusion going on in that plot & maybe you can help?

I've got a plot contaiing 2 criticals, a nepal jam, a PCK and a red purps x HFH hack, the problem is that my plot doesn't much resemble the diagram in my notebook :spliff:

Anyway I know which is the purps x is, I pulled the PCK last visit for being crap and so that just leaves the NJ. They were freebies with the PCKs and if her recently hacked to pieces sister ( also guilty of being a shitty plant ) was anything to go by it'll be the slowest one. I forgot my camera last trip but i'll have a rummage in my gallery in the meantime.

ah right i was gonna say... the critical starts to flower the wrong end of august.. so the critical will more than likely be about 3 weeks in flower.. thats if your down south

Edited by RandyBoBandy

I did 2.0+ last year at lat 51.5, Was ok but didn't grow big. mine finished 10 and 23 October.Potent smoke with nice flavours. I would grow again but it is late, Mould resistance was fare with only a few minor spots.

@@RandyBoBandy but its gotta be a critical?? no way its a NJ or PFH and PCK got killed last week. I just trawled through my gallery & found nowt but I'll pop in soon with my camera as the others are not far behind.

it could be a freak i guess but ive never had one that early.. ive grown them 4 seasons.. and they dont start flower till late august

• Like 1

So randy your talking critical+ photos...

Anyone done critical 2.0 autos ???

As what I can make of it is it's critical + X critical auto ,

So randy your talking critical+ photos...

Anyone done critical 2.0 autos ???

As what I can make of it is it's critical + X critical auto ,

think i ran a few the other year.. nothing special, pretty standard cabbagy auto imo.

and yes i think they might have crossed the auto critical back to the photo and then bred out to auto again, so its supposedly an improved version, what other companies might call a '3rd generation' . they are just really bad at explaining this stuff in the descriptions.

Edited by Amarillo slim

The paper bags from the fresh bakery section at Lidl are great for bud after drying but before jarring. Not only do they come in different sizes (large loaf for me all the way this year ;) but they also have a handy window that you can see your buds through. Winner all round, am going to be well baked right through winter

• Like 6

Could do with some advice on drying if someone could help... Iv got to harvest two plants tonight due to mold setting in and I'm on holiday next week. Now what would be better, dry on the racks for a couple day before I leave, then put them in brown bags for the week I'm on holiday to help not dry them out to much. Or leave them on the racks the whole time (10 days) I don't want to dry then out too much and lose flavor and smell but at the same time I don't want them to mold up in brown bags? What option would be best.. Thanks.