The Random Thread

whats_luring

i think everyones gone off to another forum, probably because i came along!

Why would you think that?

I found a brilliant grow spot with loamy soil that I could dig with my hands. I tunnels in and can stand up and not able to reach the bramble with trimmers to open the top lol, the brambles must be like 8-9ft high so need a step ladder to finish of haha.

There's a natural spring close by too, plan for that is to dig into the spring and sink a bucket in there so I can connect a pipe from the spring to my plot hopefully.

Got up early this morning, 4am, so smoke then back to bed for hour then back to plot to finish it off.

• Like 2

I need a tardis this year, had to abandon a compost drop last night. Was tamping when i got home!

Do these people realise how little time i've got, go home and watch the tv like good little sheople. :censored:

• Like 1

Interesting day and yeah,I was the fuckwit who pulled the start cord on the strimmer so hard it broke which meant we only did half the prep we were supposed to do this morning :sadwalk:

DSC 0193 (Large) (2)

DSC 0197 (Large)

DSC 0213 (Large)

DSC 0214 (Large)

DSC 0196 (Medium) (2)

DSC 0199 (Large) (2)

DSC 0200 (Large)

DSC 0203 (Large)

DSC 0201 (Medium)

DSC 0207 (Large) (2)

• Like 20

Finished my prep today :) i didnt have much time so i just cleared the plots, broke up the soil with a pickaxe and added some well rotted horse manure and some woodash, there should be room for about a dozen plants spread out over three plots. Im going to be putting out some clones and ive heard that they dont get as big as plants grown from seed, is this true? And if so how much smaller would they be? Strains are pm and es and they should bevgoing out in about six weeks.

Df

• Like 1

That's not a fundamental theory and it isn't true ! If your rooted ,4 inch clone is introduced to the outdoors at a time when the day light hours are conducive for continuous vegetative growth it could be bigger than the seed plant in a same size container ,lets imagine . Also the clone could or preferably should be chosen from a solid producer the year before . I forgot a secateurs one day but decided to clone a shiva shanti . I twisted a branch around and tugged it till it snapped . I poked it into the compost beside the parent plant ,and the few days that followed were damp and dull ,the clone(s)rooted fast and I think if there was intense sun they might have struggled or died but I didn't keep them going ,the parent was a Dad . Just remembered that . When I shook out the clones ,the cambium layer was split so many times the stem had dozens of roots ,looked like a toy octopus maybe . They'd have grown big anyway if they were girls .

No harm to take a cut to up the numbers or have replacements .

Edited by SilC
  • Like 1

Guest RandyBoBandy

well ive just popped some freezecheese and i too am a bit disapointed..

the top two left only have one shel leaf, the middle one has both shel leaves on one side lol and the bottom middle one looks a bit mangled, ive never had that bad of a ratio from one pack :( hopefuly they will pull through strong... if any show sighns of slow stunted growth before plant out they will sadly be binned

gallery_32555_8509_28394.jpg

• Like 5

Great pic of the grass snake :rockon:

Got a load of prep done today,I will upload all the pics when I get time,dying for a cuppa.

DSC 0199 (Large) (3)

• Like 5