The Random Thread

whats_luring

@@Irishgirl all of them plants are male except the first one you posted, the first one looks female but can't get a good look from the pic,

That purple one has deceived you with the pistels I think , some them look ready to open if not dropped a little bit already , you best be quick and cull them ..

Yeah exactly what I was thinking but even the first has some sacks.. I think... .. So maybe hermie....Or maybe just can't see the photos, sun is too bright
  • Like 1

Thanks Amarillo Slim & inaction man for responding so quickly. I went back to that plot & removed 4 which I believe were males as pointed out. I'm now nearly sure the rest are females. I won't see them again till maybe Monday. I believe I know what I am looking for now. Hope no damage has been done. Just got to wait & see. Thanks again lads.

Sorry to hear @@Irishgirl

That is why I only use feminised seeds though, then you don't have to worry about getting stuck with males and having to kill them after raising them for several months. Plus with feminised seeds, you won't have to worry about a male accidentally pollinating your crop. Unless you plan on doing cross-breeding/making hacks, then there is little, if any point in bothering with regular seeds for the reasons listed above. Some people swear by regs though, in which case that is fair enough. I just don't think they're practical for guerrilla growing, unless you plan on making your own hacks.

Anyway, good luck with the remaining plants. I'm sure you'll still get a nice harvest off the remaining females!

• Like 1

That is why I only use feminised seeds though, then you don't have to worry about getting stuck with males and having to kill them after raising them for several months. Plus with feminised seeds, you won't have to worry about a male accidentally pollinating your crop. Unless you plan on doing cross-breeding/making hacks, then there is little, if any point in bothering with regular seeds for the reasons listed above. Some people swear by regs though, in which case that is fair enough. I just don't think they're practical for guerrilla growing, unless you plan on making your own hacks.

Anyway, good luck with the remaining plants. I'm sure you'll still get a nice harvest off the remaining females!

Thanks for your kind words English Archer. Yes I agree with what you are saying regarding regulars & fems. If I were buying seeds it would be females but these were given to me so hay-hoo.

I was so excited thinking these were buds about to burst into flower etc.. then it was pointed out to me that there were males in there. I quickly returned to the plot, destroyed them & put in my Compost bin. Thanks god for these site & the lads who are so helpful.

I bearly know how to grow lol so don't talk about breeding/hacks etc lol, I haven't got that far yet lol.

If I knew the truth on what Strain for sure they were I would have brought a male & female far away from plot so male could have pollinated a female but I'm not totally sure of strain. It would have been nice to give something back to this community by providing some seeds that you know what they are lol.

Aah, well it's been a learning process and I'm not that disheartened, maybe a small bit but not all is lost lol.

• Like 2

Fem seeds occasionally throw out a nana or two, nothings guaranteed ime ;)

Tough break there Irish Girl but you will know what to look for next time, bit unlucky. GL for the last one standing.

Went on a visit this morning. Things for me are coming along ok. I am so excited cause I didn't even think I would get this far. I know it's nothing to you guys as ye are great growers. As the saying goes " you never forget your first" & this is my first lol.

I don't even know if they will finish or even how far they need to go but still, I'm excited. If you care to take a look feel free but don't get to excited as I know I have a long way to go before I get the hang of this hobby, but for now, for me, I'm happy I have got this far as the other day I felt like given up but I was having one of those days where nothing was going right.It was not easy taken the pictures as its so windy lol.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=380644

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=380645

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=380646

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=380647

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=380648

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=380649

Nice males/hermies? lol

Hope you left the female!

Yea Loam Gnome, I have a few females so not all lost or killed lol. I guess it's da name of the game. You win some, you loose some. I just got to keep trying.

• Like 2

Beautiful plants either way @@Irishgirl but that one female is looking nice, I love it when they get the little popcorn buds forming and you get an idea of how the buds are going to form. :rockon: and it's all experience which is just as important in this game.

Edited by Mohamedbear
  • Like 2

Awh thanks Mohamedbear for your kind words. I have a few females left so not too bad. No idea what way there going, or how, if at all end up. You made my day with your message. Thanks.

• Like 1

I've swung both ways so to speak and I have to agree female seeds for me are the only way. Too much time and useful real estate taken up by potential males so I tend to agree.I'm not saying regs are bad, it's just each to his own.

Regards selecting for breeding or just low down dirty hacking etc both are still possible with fems.

I have made both hybrid and back cross from clones taken off flowering, mostly finished femmed plants and also from femmed plants grown solely for producing more fem seed. It's a bit more messing about, but it works just the same as regular seeds would.

• Like 4