The Random Thread

whats_luring

Oh shit , what a gutter mate , didn't you hang about to see what happened, I would of been up a tree and watched kept an eye what went on , for peace of mind you never know ...

I sat on the hill with a spliff but couldnt see too well.....ill be on a ninja one tonight see whats what.

Thats the way,you drop a basket containing all your eggs they smash,you got plenty of eggs in plenty of baskets your always going to have a smile on your face at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Question for the indoor dryers..

Would putting a mini dehumidifier in my tent fuck my buds up. Myfilter cant cope with the smell when it gets too high.

Hey key4, if it's regarding the smell & your carbon filter can't cope it sound like as zug mentioned bigger filter. That's the way I would be going.

Question for the indoor dryers..

Would putting a mini dehumidifier in my tent fuck my buds up. Myfilter cant cope with the smell when it gets too high.

I have used a dehumidifier before to take out the first major part of water content but don't really advise it , a slow dry over the course of 7-14 days is best temps 18-20 humidity 40-50 , quick drying will cause your harvest to lose its smell ( smell like grass) be harsh to smoke , and be tasteless...

That's from experience aswell made that mistake once , hopefully never again ..

But answer to op question, yes you can but it won't take away smell bigger carbon is required, dark space low temps , low humidity, decent air circulation...

Be lucky

• Like 3

a slow dry over the course of 7-14 days is best temps 18-20 humidity 40-50 , quick drying will cause your harvest to lose its smell ( smell like grass) be harsh to smoke , and be tasteless...

That would explain why my buds taste a bit like grass or have little taste to them, although it does not seem to effect potency as this year's autos were still strong as fuck. Standard drying procedure for me is...

1.) hang newly harvested plants upside down for 3 days under wooden outdoor drying shelter

2.) after 3 days, cut off branches & nugs & place in cardboard box (with holes) to dry further under the outdoor shelter

3.) after 5 days in the box, buds are fully dry and ready to go into jars for cure, 8 days after harvest - at which point I will be honest and say that I start smoking them :rofl:

Not the best practice, I know, but it has worked well enough for me so far. I have also noticed that the smell and taste has come back more in the buds that have been cured. Shame I have already smoked my way through 2/3 of my auto stash though ;)

• Like 2

thanks..sounds like a bigger filter/fan is needed then. What size for a 1.6m x 0.8m tent?.Would 6" phresh stealth fan on a 8" mountain air do? needs to be quiet or the missis will start :nono: .

Edited by Key4

thanks..sounds like a bigger filter/fan is needed then. What size for a 1.6m x 0.8m tent?.Would 6" phresh stealth fan on a 8" mountain air do? needs to be quiet or the missis will start :nono: .

That should be fine for drying mate what was you using, nothing lol

That would explain why my buds taste a bit like grass or have little taste to them, although it does not seem to effect potency as this year's autos were still strong as fuck. Standard drying procedure for me is...

1.) hang newly harvested plants upside down for 3 days under wooden outdoor drying shelter

2.) after 3 days, cut off branches & nugs & place in cardboard box (with holes) to dry further under the outdoor shelter

3.) after 5 days in the box, buds are fully dry and ready to go into jars for cure, 8 days after harvest - at which point I will be honest and say that I start smoking them :rofl:

Not the best practice, I know, but it has worked well enough for me so far. I have also noticed that the smell and taste has come back more in the buds that have been cured. Shame I have already smoked my way through 2/3 of my auto stash though ;)

Doing it outdoors and in a box isn't the ideal of circumstances mate , or it could be premature cropped bud maybe , but as I said quick drying is usually the cause of most these problems with shitty smelling tasting buds imo..

That should be fine for drying mate what was you using, nothing lol

Only got a 4" rhino/rvk in a 60cm tent for drying. Been wanting to upgrade it so needing a bigger filter is a good enough excuse for a new setup