The Random Thread

whats_luring

Got a funny feeling the Nepal I put into soak the other day aren't going to germ too well.. Hopefully I get one or two.

I put some RP out yesterday, only 4 but none of them had filled out the starter pots (8cm) even the healthier two had barely filled the bottom 1/3-1/2 of the pot. Nearly damaged the 1st one i took out the pot as these were the last too get planted and all the other strains had enough rootball to be handled pretty roughly. Just shy of 4 weeks indoor pregrow, though the RP took a week to get started so more like 3 weeks actual growth.

Still a long time to go :) GL All

Yeh, same here. At 3 weeks, the royal danes & monk have outgrown their pots (don't have time to plant out till next week :shutup: ), but the red purps is still on its first set of leaves (...the single leaf one)

The purple dane's are also proving slower than expected. Good germination, but slow performance since. They're going out a week today & hhaven't yet all unfolded cotylodon leaves. :kwasny:

I potted on some seeds last week,they are flying under lights (which one member on here said shouldnt be done,they should be grown on a window sill LMFAO) what soil mix are youmguys using and what sort of flouro bulbs?

I use plant magic soil supreme for all my little ones :)

EDIT: and 220w CFL's (4 x 55W)

Edited by Fang
  • Like 2

Whats the growth rate on them old bean,how long have they been popped?I just checked some in perfect conditions and they are text book growth.

Guest Andromedian

Wheres my post gone........????

what coz i am growing several red purps for several people.....which i have already stated....unbelievable!!

:russian:

I use plant magic soil supreme for all my little ones :)

EDIT: and 220w CFL's (4 x 55W)

I am using fox farm light warrior compost for the first time,supposed to be the bollox for seedlings and i cant complain thus far,for the person who just TXT me yes mate,i bet you wish you could see them,lol.

I've never been that fond of these expensive compost mixes,, i find its much cheaper just to mix up some peat, perlite and worm casts, maybe chuck in some rockdust and cal-sea-fead .. seems to work just as well as the £15-20 bags of plagron and plant magic stuff. guess its not so bad if your buying them for seedlings though as most the time your only gonna be using a few bags.

• Like 3

Wheres my post gone........????

what coz i am growing several red purps for several people.....which i have already stated....unbelievable!!

:russian:

No mate. The thing that's unbelievable is you and your mates constantly referring to planting numbers that are in excess of 100, despite knowing full well it's not what we want here.

• Like 1

Guest Andromedian

No mate. The thing that's unbelievable is you and your mates constantly referring to planting numbers that are in excess of 100, despite knowing full well it's not what we want here.

Me and my Mates.....i'm growing solo mate....the reason for the number giving, was to give others an idea of the return rate from a red purps...i also stated i am also growing for others who cannot.....this number is with their inclusion

Edited by Andromedian

Guest Andromedian

i thought the idea was to ditch the dealer :g:

well i did quite a few last season and now i am back paying the dealer.........

• Like 1

Guest The_Guerilla_Dr

I potted on some seeds last week,they are flying under lights (which one member on here said shouldnt be done,they should be grown on a window sill LMFAO) what soil mix are youmguys using and what sort of flouro bulbs?

Are you referring to me by any chance? If so, I wasn't saying you can't start them under lights. I was just saying that this year I wasn't using lights as I was starting mine on the windowsill for a few weeks (outdoors on sunny days) and then putting them straight into my greenhouse come mid April. This method has worked fine for me as my diary evidences. I have saved electricity and done things the natural way. Next year though, I may use lights to give them a headstart, but have them on a 14/10 light schedule so when they do go out in early May, they don't start flowering...

Me and my Mates.....i'm growing solo mate....the reason for the number giving, was to give others an idea of the return rate from a red purps...i also stated i am also growing for others who cannot.....this number is with their inclusion

I respect that.

Perhaps you could also respect that we don't want to see the sorts of numbers which you're discussing here on the site.

It's nothing personal, it's just that we don't want to be seen to support grows or set-ups which are likely to be considered as being commercial. I hope you can respect that.

• Like 1

@@Ch@ppers you know you name, looks so much like that old oger. With the same name as he did his @ like that.If i remember right he was well into growing Autos,and very good at it to.

• Like 1